Tour of Myon

Museum for the best conlanging and conworldery threads. Ask mods to move threads here.
Christopher Schröder
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Tour of Myon

Post by Christopher Schröder »

Lyhoko Leaci wrote:"Dao is the basic term, though while it in general is the same sort of thing, it is split into sections based on what it does, and also because without help, people are only able to make use of a couple of the sections, two or three of them is the average. One only needs to use a device to control it if one don't have the ability to naturally control the type of dao you want to control. And I don't understand why one would need to speak in order to use it, as far as I know one just needs to think about using it to use it..." Misa said, and lazily slapped at a random bug of some sort that was flying around. The bug went off towards the front of the boat and disappeared from view.
'But how does it know what you want for it to do unless you tell it?' she asks, looking quite astonished at the Thought of not saying anything at all, 'and is the Theory behind all of the kinds of Daot [da'œu] so very different as to make it so one cannot learn all the different Sections with a reasonable Amount of Study?'

And, upon seeing the Clouds, Lillia further asks 'is it expected to rain anytime soon?'
"Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure."
-Jane Austen, [i]Pride and Prejudice[/i]

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

As the boat makes its way back to the dock, clouds begin to gather. "Is everyone ready to go to the beach?" Lyhoko asks as they disembark.

"Yes, definitely," replies Saba Aspur, rather excited at the prospect of a good swim.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Both Laila and Moriel looks a little uneasy on the boat, and eager to get off. Both a few times in the trip they leaned over the edge of the boat.
Last edited by Foolster41 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

Current conditions: Temp: 75F/24C, Humidity: 64%, Sky: partly cloudy

Apparently fusion powered boats don't cure seasickness. At least you never have to refuel them. And hopefully everyone remembered their stuff...

------------------------------------------------

"But how does it know what you want for it to do unless you tell it? And is the Theory behind all of the kinds of Daot [da'œu] so very different as to make it so one cannot learn all the different Sections with a reasonable Amount of Study?" Lillia asks.

"One do tell it what to do, in a way, you just do it by thinking it, instead of saying it out loud. Also helps if you need to use it somewhere where you can't talk for whatever reason. One can tell it what to do out loud, its easier, at least for the basics, and it is often done that way when one teaches kids how to use it. As for the kinds, the theory, I guess, is similar between them, it's just that one simply can't use some types, no matter how hard they try, at least not without using one of the devices I mentioned earlier. What types one can use depends on one's soul and personality, and to a lesser extent, what types your parents could manipulate."

And, upon seeing the Clouds, Lillia further asks "is it expected to rain anytime soon?"

"It will most likely rain in the evening, though there shouldn't be any in the afternoon," Lyhoko replies.

Both Laila and Moriel looks a little uneasy on the boat, and eager to get off. Both a few times in the trip leaned over the edge of the boat.

"Yes, definitely," replies Saba Aspur in response to Lyhoko asking if they are ready of the beach.

Misa takes on a quite... odd facial expression for a moment at the mention of the beach, but it quickly disappears, and is replaced with a smile.

They walk back to the north along the boardwalk, which is somewhat more crowded now than it was earlier, though not crowded enough to make movement difficult. A pair of young zukes, only about 3 feet/.9 meters tall, suddenly rush past them and are soon followed by someone else, apparently their mother, who calls out "Ðuma! Ðuma!" Stop! Stop! ... Wait, why does Google say that 3 feet equals 2.07 feet? Aside from this random interruption, they soon pass by Kyants Ruum, before a pier-like structure juts out into the ocean, with water on the south side and sand on the north side. Steps lead down to the beach itself, where there is still plenty of room, though many people can be seen either playing in the sand or in the ocean, or doing other things.

However, the group continues past the stairs towards a wooded building jutting out into the sand. They come up to a doorframe that has a sign above it stating "Strend Turnina Timburn" with "Jalaken Kivsomi Vanvangï" underneath that, and enter. The room isn't much, with an olden style wooden design similar to the restaurant, and three more doors on the other walls. The one on the right wall says Meen / Gügamen, the one on the left says "Waifs / Güjanen", while the one straight ahead says "Iitiŋ / Ðomimni".

"Here are the changing rooms for the beach, men on the right, women on the left. Or go straight if you want to buy something for later or get some food. You can also rent towels or swimsuits or places for your stuff if you need to there as well, though I'm not quite sure as to whether or not the stuff there will fit some of you, if your species isn't one that that comes to Myon often..."

The changing rooms are of a similar design to the room they first entered, though they are a lot more open, with benches all around, and a hot tub in the middle. A bathroom area with toilets and showers is located off to the side of the room, and lockers line some of the wall. (Keys for the lockers are located in the room marked "Iitiŋ / Ðomimni"... which is a bit of confusing labeling.) Another door labeled "Strend/Vanvangï" leads to the beach itself. The men's and the women's changing rooms are practically identical, though mirrored, aside from urinals in the men's bathroom.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Moriel and Laila look at each other and laugh, guessing what the other is thinking. Then Laila thinks of something. "Uh, excuse ne. As you can see no fit swim suits. Do you think it prodlem I just wear underclothes? it loin-cloth like."

After they receive the answer they go together and get a snack. ((What kinds of snacks are there?)) After they finish eating, Moriel changes. ((Laila will change if the answer is yes))

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

A swimsuit for a young zuke might fit, but I have no idea for sure, otherwise the underclothes should work.

There's most likely cheese and bread (pre-cooked) available for snacks, more detail later after work and when I can think about it.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Liyōko leads the group back along the boardwalk up towards the beach. Suddenly a pair of young zukes push past them, bumping into Saba Aspur's shoulder bag and sending him spinning round in a half circle. "Hāŋ ['ha:ŋ]!" he exclaims, then as he turns back to the right direction and an adult zuke runs past shouting after the young ones, mutters under his breath, "se marāga teh [sɛ ma'ɾa:ga 'tɛh]."

They continue on past a pier with steps leading to the sand, and go into a wooden building. "Here are the changing rooms for the beach, men on the right, women on the left. Or go straight if you want to buy something for later or get food. You can also rent towels or swimsuits or places for your stuff if you need to there as well, though I'm not quite sure as to whether or not the stuff there will fit some of you, if your species isn't one that comes to Myon often..." says Liyōko.

Slightly perturbed by the need for separate rooms to get changed in, Saba Aspur decides to say nothing about it, and follows the other men into the "Meen / Gügamen" room (not before mentally noting the word Güjanen on the opposite door). The hot tub weirds him a little at first - in Visuhi, hot tubs are definitely outdoor things. Think of it like finding a garden shed inside a house - nothing wrong with it in theory, but it'd be just weird. Then following the others' example, he finds an empty spot on a bench, rummages around in his bag for his swimsuit and towel, and strips. Folding his clothes tightly, he puts them into the bag, and has a quick look in one of the open lockers. Deciding it's not worth the effort of getting a key, he turns back to his bench, slips into his swimsuit, and exits, passing Moriel and Liel as he comes back out into the main room with his towel over one shoulder and his bag over the other.

---

Note in case it affects your character's reaction: his swimsuit looks basically like black Speedos, but obviously without the logo.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

Current conditions: Temp: 75F/24C, Humidity: 64%, Sky: Partly cloudy

Some of the snacks available at the snack bar:

Soŋka Cheese [sɔŋkə]: A semi-hard yellowish cheese with a moderately mild taste, commonly with small holes.

Deezurt Cheese [ˈdeːzɚt]: A soft white cheese, commonly aged in thin wheels, with an edible rind and a sharp taste.

Montur Cheese [ˈmɔːntɚ]: A semi-hard whitish cheese with a smooth texture and a mild taste.

Aaŋka Cheese [ˈaŋkə]: A moderately soft cheese that is partially white and partially yellow with a moderately moderately mild taste.

Röüns Kunöno [ˈɹou̯ʔjuns ˈkunou̯no]: A hard wheat bread, with melted shiirti cheese on top.

Röüns [ˈɹou̯ʔjuns]: Same as above, but without the cheese.

Raistiken [ˈraɪ̯stɪkn̩]: Breadsticks, made with rye bread, normally served with watchiiz.

Hwiitstiken [ˈʍiːtstɪkn̩]: Breadsticks, made with wheat bread, normally served with watchiiz.

Watchiiz [ˈwətʧiːz]: A whiteish cheese, normally a thick liquid, commonly used for dipping. Mild taste. (Note: Normally only available as a companion to something else)

The floor immediately inside the doors to the changing rooms ramps downwards a bit, while the floor ramps upward a bit inside the "Iitiŋ / Ðomimni" door, so that the rooms are on different levels.

"Uh, excuse ne. As you can see no fit swim suits. Do you think it prodlem I just wear underclothes? it loin-cloth like." Laila asks.

"Yes, that should work," Lyhoko says.

Lyhoko goes into the "Waifs / Güjanen" room, Misa appears to hesitate for a second, before following Lyhoko in. Misa doesn't take all that long at all to change, she simply takes off her shirt and skirt and stuffs them in her bag, revealing the fact that she is already wearing her swimsuit, the bottom part of which looks basically like another Speedo clone, only pure white, and the top part, which is also white, looks like she just wrapped a strip of material around herself, though it is noticeably wider (taller?) in front. Also, her chest still looks completely flat. Lyhoko, meanwhile, wears a dark blue swimsuit, close in color to her hair, it looks like a short tank top along with a skirt.

Lyhoko looks back out into the first room that they came in at, and sees Saaba. "There should be a door on the other side of the changing room, that leads out to the beach." She tehn turns back around and goes to said door in the girls changing room, and is soon followed by Misa. The outside of the building here is right up next to the sand, with only a landing and no staircase. The "Meen / Gügamen" and "Waifs / Güjanen" signs are also on the outside of the building above the appropriate doors, and a patio area with a double door into the building is visible farther to the right along the building, various windows line the wall along the patio, as well as the second floor. The patio itself has groupings of tables with umbrellas, roughly half of these tables have some people at them.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

As he comes out of the changing room, Liyōko says, "There should be a door on the other side of the changing room, that leads out to the beach," so he turns round to go back through the changing room, and finds the door to the outside. Coming out of it, he sees Liyōko and Misa standing outside already, and people sitting at tables off to the right. He steps down to the sand; the warmth tickles his bare feet pleasantly. "Does it matter where we put our things down?" he asks, turning back for a moment. "I mean, is there anywhere particularly good to sit or shall we just go anywhere?"

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Laila studdies the menu. "Hnn. Not much here I can have. " He addresses the person attending the snack bar. "bread no have milk, seth?"

Moriel ordered the Röüns Kunöno. Laila ordered a bread if they don't have dairy.

After eating, they head to the changing room. They spot the hot tub. "Ah, hot bath." Laila says. "We can do later, after swim in ocean. It's been long time." They change into their swim clothes and leave.

((Salthans are lactose intolerant.

Here's how Laila is dressed, and what he basically looks like: (Not very good artist, and this pic is old, the anok doesn't actually exist. :P. Also, the pic is a female Salthan. Laila has a row of spikes running down his head, and the tail is not drawn in the picture.) ))

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

Current conditions: Temp: 76F/24C, Humidity: 65%, Sky: partly cloudy

Updates here will probably slow down for a while, I have a lot of work, stuff I want to add to KQ, and a polyglottal telephone to run. I'll still come by every so often, but for now, have fun at the beach.

"Hnn. Not much here I can have. Bread no have milk, seth?" Moriel asks.

"Seþ? There's no milk or dairy in the plain röüns, or in the raistiken and hwiitstiken by themselves," the person at the snack bar, a male Zuke with short black hair, replies.

"Does it matter where we put our things down?" Saba asks. "I mean, is there anywhere particularly good to sit or shall we just go anywhere?"

"Anywhere that's not occupied should be fine, try to stay with the group though, it makes watching over everything easier." Lyhoko replies.

Apparently Misa decides that she wants to be the one to pick that spot, as she plops her bag down on the sand in a good looking area, quickly takes off her shoes and adds them to the bag, and runs down into the water and starts swimming about, still relatively close to the shore.

Astraios
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by Astraios »

Misa picks a spot, and then runs down to swim. Saba Aspur follows, folding up his towel and putting it carefully at the top of his bag. He asks Liyōko: "How far out is it safe to swim?"

On her reply, he nods, and runs excitedly to join Misa in the sea.

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Laila orders the Röüns. After eating and changing they head into the ocean.