[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Khuzdul: expansion using Biblical Hebrew & Classical Arabic

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

EDIT (11/18/11): I've removed the content of my Khuzdul analysis from this thread. Much of it was outdated, and there are updates on my web site.

- An expansion of J.R.R. Tolkien's Dwarvish language from The Lord of the Rings

Last edited by Vardelm on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

EDIT (11/18/11): I've removed the content of my Khuzdul analysis from this thread. Much of it was outdated, and there are updates on my web site.

Last edited by Vardelm on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:27 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

I haven't much knowledge on specifics in Semitic Grammar, and the little bit that I do have mainly comes from Akkadian and Phoenician, but sign me on if there's anything needed, I'll do what I can to help, mainly since Khuzdul has been the one language Tolkien has developed that I've been able to keep an interest in.

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:58 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

tà yi póbo tsùtsùr ciivà dè!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:33 am 
Smeric
Smeric

My most recent quiz:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:45 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

tà yi póbo tsùtsùr ciivà dè!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:11 pm 
Sanci
Sanci

Hey, Vardelm, you might want to re-up those images, they've gone missing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I now have a website for my Khuzdul expansion at http://sites.google.com/site/quasikhuzdul/.

So far it has updated versions of what I've written in this thread. It focuses on the analysis of existing Khuzdul, and I added a lot more explanation of "why" I analyze each word the way I do. That effort is now close to complete, so fairly soon I think I'll be able to move on to morphology.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:39 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I've made a bunch of updates to my Quasi-Khuzdul site, and my analysis of existing Khuzdul is pretty much complete at this point. I'm in the process of getting feedback from a few people, and pending that plus some minor polishing, I'll be posting to the Elfling mailing list on Yahoo to announce it. Just in case anyone sees this message & wishes to offer constructive criticism, now's the time before I move on to the expansion. Once I do that, I'd prefer to not go back to make any major updates to the analysis.

By the way, I've been wanting to complete this for over 10 years, and the learning I've been able to do from being a member on this forum was a major part of being able to go back and complete it. Thanks to everyone here who has provided answers & flames to my questions over the past couple years! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:08 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:50 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:49 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:02 pm