[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Inyauk

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inyauk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Last edited by Ossicone on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Inyauk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm 
Sumerul
Sumerul

looks cool; your map has a good clean style to it.

seeing as your vowel letters are all to the right of the line, why don't you just combine them with the consonant letters and have them as a kind of diacritic? (like Arabic, Devanagari, etc) It'd save space, for one, but also it's exceedingly rare to have a 1-1 correspondance between different scripts, and alphabets are rather a minority among the world's languages... Looks like Mongolian, anyway, not bad.

As for the document, there's nothing incredibly unusual about most of the language stuff, but I'm not very good at sifting through it. Your final page with the notes on the culture does sound a bit idealised, though, especially with regards to gender and stuff...

also phonology nitpick: [wi] and [u̯i] aren't as distinct phonetically as you seem to think, and personally i'd still maybe call [wi] and [ja] diphthongs, although maybe rising rather than falling or whatever the terminology is. but whatever, really, this is basically up to you, and your way does work.

also also pickles and tea

Last edited by finlay on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Hejsan, Ossicone. Det verkar som du äntligen har bestämt dig för att gå med i ZBB. Ceresz blir nog överlycklig.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:39 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

I just saw this thread and thought "Another thread for Inyauk?!" but then I realized this was not the CBB.

Welcome Ossicone! I'm Avo on the CBB, if you remember. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:51 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:54 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

The script is VERY nice, though as has been suggested, I think it would look cooler if the vowels were written as diacritics. (Regardless though, it's awesome!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Welcome to the ZBB Ossicone. I'm afraid we don't really have a "watering hole" like at the CBB though

Also, ! at the script

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:30 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

Welcome to the ZBB!

Taisc mach Daró

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Välkommen :-D.

See, I still retain the Haddock avatar here?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 am 
Lebom
Lebom

@Bristel: Thanks.

@Cereal: I missed Haddock! He embodies all of your virtues: drinking, smoking and pirating. And beard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:52 am 
Niš
Niš

Even with just three vowels and lenght distinction the conlang looks awesome (I'm a man of many vowels)! Oh, the map and script: Great! :D
P.S.: Welcome to ZBB and have fun conlanging!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I'll probably the grammar on Friday or so. In the meantime, welcome to the zbb! Out of food though. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

I want to see the pretty scripty! I LOVE it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I forgot to add my alternative welcoming snack of zucchini and cocoa!

Would love to see more examples of Inyauk.

Taisc mach Daró

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Preeeeeeeeety! *.*

What's the last one though? And alternative style? And what's it say? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:53 am 
Lebom
Lebom

The vertical script is awesome! I prefer it over the horizontal lines because of the pretty joining lines

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:16 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:20 am 
Smeric
Smeric

If you want some examples for translation, I could find some interesting sentences. (since I asked for examples)

Taisc mach Daró

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:48 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 am 
Lebom
Lebom