Your longest conlang text.

Museum for the best conlanging and conworldery threads. Ask mods to move threads here.
Observer
Sanci
Sanci

Your longest conlang text.

Post by Observer »

Often, I see topics about conlangs that ask about specific features. Replies flow readily. They are typically isolated sentences. I'd like to see larger texts.

What is the longest contiguous text (paragraph; short story; etc.) you've produced in any conlang of yours? Will you post it, or link to it if hosted elsewhere?

I've never conlanged. I can't respond to this topic. I plan to start soon.

bornforwater
Niš
Niš

Re: Your longest conlang text.

Post by bornforwater »

I've translated "King Arthur's Courage", but that's a copyrighted (children's) book, so I haven't posted it online. :s It's easily my longest translation, though, taking up like five pieces of paper front-to-back.

The second longest one (and only available one on the internet, I guess?) is "Ere ta akathîan" (The crows' ruler).

Two parts (neither terribly long):

part 1 - http://wytn-awake.blogspot.com/2011/04/ ... hiian.html
part 2 - http://wytn-awake.blogspot.com/2011/04/ ... -jeei.html

I could probably easily do longer texts, but I'm *so lazy*. x_x
Lëian nuv raact etemî, a iahb lëépasi ân bra.

blank stare II
Lebom
Lebom

Post by blank stare II »

A few weeks ago MisterBernie posted a short story about sugar-fairies and I translated it; it is my longest translation which is still grammatically correct. It took up a whole page when hand-written; having typed it I am made starkly aware of just how short it is.

Ru ebete-bioceta

Bariŋxi, bedjiso-bau kocama ma sa'mato'bo ai et'etsete doji se'ŋetxe'be ŋø xorø. Ru bi'bioceta so'moŋ'bo ai s'iosa ŋø, "mai ?eota ma bha'matøska'z ai tabhipo ma bho'cøkte'z su, mai etsete-atsidi ma bhu'ŋuka'sa smi:zu xorø!"
Ru bioceta bhe'cekma, ?e'?eota doji etsete-kocama ma so'cøkte'be, ai s'acara?ø.
Uxasa ru tabhipo ma sy'jybhas'ba, ru bioceta sa'xaska'ba paco moŋaba ma su'ŋuka'ba ŋø, ai s'otaski-sikta'ba ŋø xorø. S'otaski-sikta'ba ŋa'ŋadja, xapa s'abheŋasa ai s'iosa'z, "Øsika! ru ado?ete, ŋikita se'bedjiso'bho ŋø áia! Xexe s'etsete's bhi!"
Ru bioceta su'xuma's ai ŋadja ma sy'xymami'bi ai ru sataŋka su'ŋuka'ba, ai ŋadja ma si'jiso'bo ŋø xorø. Bariŋxi, kamitsa-bau, sa'maska ai s'iosa ŋø, "Øsika, ru ceta! mai xuma ma bho'moŋ'd, mai bha'kamitsa ŋø su.
Xapa bhe'ceta'bha ŋø:bhi. Tabhipo ma jero to'moŋ'bho ŋø, ebete sø'døtsøta's xu bhi. Aŋti bh'ŋaxøba's, smi:xu xapa xexe bhu'ŋuka's smi:dø.
Se'cekma, ai ru exo-bioceta ma su'ruma's ŋø:xu xorø.

At the bottom of the orange page is what my signature looks like in my conlang :)
My name has two phonemes my conspeakers would find hard to pronounce, so the name "Daniel" becomes "Diŋgau" which looks like it contains the infix -iŋ-(meaning "place of"), making my name mean "the place of Dau". The word dau doesn't mean anything, luckily.
I get a big kick out of playing my own language game–it’s a unique thrill only conlangers know.
- J Burke

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Probably Alkemeslegilkakel, or "The fundamentals of Alchemy" (a book in the game Oblivion.) It's only a partial translation. I've been meaning to finishing it.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

You know, i'm not really sure. It'll be a toss-up between the TCs posted by Bernie and Sko or the TC of the text I chose for the Polyglottal Telephone last year. Except that the text I chose for the PGT is probably grammatically out-of-date, and for Sko's TC, which I actually didn't finish, but I still have the text to come back to later, I've done it in the Rempocian dialect.

My TC, from The Fountains of Paradise by Arthur C Clarke (and yeah, I would definitely translate it with different grammar these days, but no matter):
Neep smàu, fimip pààmip tvuudèz hèèmiidmèz kà smi sèèsoo mo, jààlòò dmòònòò dèis zeeksoo. Làc metlip, Moygànip bnoolysoogy, jàmytib gjees xmuuzu winsoo. Neep kjuvunix kix ynodlvèusàsoo mo kix leetsoo, xè kolyy nuusaneep nee limnòòsoogy.

"Motlfààxà," yynasoogy. "Muuslimeep kap Àdàmob winmo mo afduenugmok'a; neep epimòò eeksoo mest'à nee Gènlycòò ni suàp'àzsàsoogy. Hinduheep kà Siivaaz fo Sàmànèz tàglètfunugmok'a. Xè Buddaaxeel, èèfkyz, Limnòòsè neb suuxpix winmo."

"Zyynàcub p'aibpywu kèzjetlkogy," Moygànip haaŋyz baanewò hèinòò lai vààsytsoogy. "Afduepup zyy nu smàu sàmko?"

Nuusaneb xenjooheep vèè zanbòòn bàileesoogy, cemez vààsytsoogy: "Syyk no gamu gà, Buddaheep fààzi nugmo. Dmòònà dò—nè deevad dmòòn nugko—motlfààxap aaŋtopob byynèk'uu ŋèbòe nugko."

They were walking now past a huge boulder, up which a short flight of steps led to a gilded pavilion. This, Morgan realised, was the very summit of the mountain; he knew what the shrine was supposed to hold, but once again the monk enlightened him.

"The footprint," he said. "The Muslims believed it was Adam's; he stood here after he was expelled from Paradise. The Hindus attributed it to Siva or Saman. But to the Buddhists, of course, it was the imprint of the Enlightened One."

"I notice your use of the past tense," Morgan answered in a carefully neutral voice. "What is the belief now?"

The monk's face showed no emotion as he replied: "The Buddha was a man, like you and me. The impression in the rock—and it is a very hard rock—is two metres long."

Bernie's TC (Note that one obvious difference between these two translations is that I've used -soogy on all the verbs in the Fountains translation and -gy on all the verbs in this translation. -soo is an obsolete morpheme for the narrative past tense – now I narrate stories in the present/unmarked tense. -gy is a perfective marker):
Balanxiip, eekò zoŋup, feeb bèckogy nè jylaŋèz dò kà p'eegy. Kà ŋinzaizu t'agy, nè xis làc nu nuz yynagy: "Jèèŋ, gvèntja yysiŋce ho, epid kà jylaŋkvuuex zy. Dyylà pinwetiy, kix vàzitiy, nè smiip kva kva jylaŋ kjoosnugàà!" Ŋinzais sapaalgy, dyylà jylaŋfeebà vàzigy, nè kà cazmaz nè fiŋyz bòeŋt'e.

Kvuuex kjoosu mest'à, ŋinzais kix kwàsèz sŋènagy, nè kam zualkuungy. Xè nup kam neez zualkuungy mo veesat fààzeep hòedugy, nè xis làc nu nuz yynagy: "Yysiŋce ho, ŋee neep smiik k'èèbmoogy! Epid kà jylaŋ ku zy!" Ŋinzais p'uecad t'e, fààzee zakŋgy, nee kwàsaaz muutugy, nè nee diimgy.

Balanxiip, xnòedua zoŋup, tlaamgy, nè xis làc nu nuz yynagy: "Ààkòŋ ho, xò gamèz p'uec taamoot'e, zenti taamoozy. Xè ààkòttumoogy. Gamup kix smèz t'amoogy mo kvuuex fitlaa zy, nè smiip kam duunbàà laadèkòò lai gòc, xè fàncii mest'à ku maxnugààgy." Nup sapaalgy, nè daalitn ŋinzais kmaadlgy.

Baranxi, the cunning god, took bamboo and pushed it into honey. He gave it to the fairies and said to them: “Well, honoured sisters, this is the honey plant. Till the soil, plant it, and you shall harvest an abundance of honey!”
The fairies went away, planted the honey-bamboo in the soil, and it grew and grew and flourished and flourished.

After the harvest of the plants, the fairies ground them into a paste, and tried to sell it. But the first man they tried to sell it to laughed and said to them: “Oh, sisters, someone tricked you! This isn’t honey!”
The fairies became furious, chopped the man into pieces, dipped him into the paste, and ate him.

Baranxi, the god of justice, came and said to them: “Oh, sinners! Had you been angry with me, you would have been in the right. But you sinned. The plant I gave you is sugar, and you shall always crave it, but you shall never get it.”
He went away, and the cursed fairies wept.

Here's the portion of Sko's TC that I've done already:
Vèè lakaankààsu pjèp gamèr ku t'atiy, fààritò o!
Ku pviintiy knè ku vèè ispiosu t'atiy.

Vanalcuò smàu;
Ku vanalvò pjèp ko.
Gamup muvà iim anvà kàlmynug.
Neep muvà hiim hanvà ètzy.

Anvà epim vààsytk'a, cyyjance o.
Bjàs Règnpòòcòò kàlmy mo kèbmtò kjaaf;
Saentò. Ku ceeklnu tiy.

K'us lèpcà nentiy.
K'us namve drootifutiy.
Nè gamup nu lefign mo lugu nu lefag.
Gamup griralvu vàfag.
Neyr nu noxi twakfag.
Gwimad nè dòòlad tjynuve nè mapvu biràfag nè ròòkyfag
(pjèp map kàlmynugry, Lààrènsice o, jàp'een?)
Gamup dòòlad nè laadad nè vepsulitad placnafvu dumiinnòòfag

Gamup vuuduu kàlmy;
Xuuduu kàlmy.
Ku doa gamup nu kuunmoory mo nàr nu kàlmy!
Nè muvà iim anvà kàlmynug.
Neep muvà hiim hanvà ètzy.

Krymoà, krymoà, krymoà
Ryynàcu, smàunàcu, nè griralu yynamààt'e
Kjaaf niy krymoà bèckotiy
Gamu vac griralvur màngitiy!

Pjèp, lipnurce o, p'ààlmee metlòò ni ry
Bèilicèi byy aanto òlla moos moo
(Gamup neyr, manucèi òlla len, moos ry)
Pjèp cyynyr fnaadk'a
Xè ycin rit'a kàlmyko
Nèi kunkiep vànse kàlmy mo itààl mèftò vèòsdèmààgy

"Friends on the Other Side", from "The Princess and the Frog"
Facilier:
Don't you disrespect me little man!
Don't you derogate or deride!
You're in my world now
Not your world
And I got friends on the other side!

Chorus:
He's got friends on the other side...

Facilier:
That's an echo, gentlemen. Just a little something we have here in Louisiana, a little parlor trick. Don't worry...

Sit down at my table
Put your minds at ease
If you relax it will enable me to do anything I please
I can read your future
I can change it 'round some, too
I'll look deep into your heart and soul
(you do have a soul, don't you, Lawrence?)
Make your wildest dreams come true!

I got voodoo
I got hoodoo
I got things I ain't even tried!
And I got friends on the other side.

Chorus:
He's got friends on the other side!

Facilier:
The cards, the cards, the cards will tell
The past, the present, and the future as well
The cards, the cards, just take three
Take a little trip into your future with me!

Now you, young man, are from across the sea
You come from two long lines of royalty
(I'm a royal myself on my mother's side)
Your lifestyle's high
But your funds are low
You need to marry a little honey whose daddy got dough

[continues, but I haven't finished the TC yet]

Zwap
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Zwap »

My language is still in the early stages, but I think this might be the furthest I've ever come with a conlang without scrapping or losing it. I wrote a short text about the early life of the first king, Kemmukta, who freed his people from opression. I haven't really worked on the conworld yet, so this story could very well become obsolete. Also, the grammar will be revised thouroughly after my exams, so the text itself will definitely become obsolete.

Accents represent palatalization, <c> is /x/ and <h> before a stop represents aspiration.

Kemmuktawa ktuho.
Moa doid kev Thomáé foin, wakmeki Loakótv dottók le Melevov notio-wak n ike v. Moa lued kev noa vonne mér, baod cotte poóv le nááv n ke v, ilóeko, thailmeki kev moktaha-n-poóv n ke v. Moa thad ikev Egonet dotméle. Noa waikhari, ien hoafki kev geut Nedemaur gúi. Mán úguhki kev thokora. Ithera, ageki kev voculi gou.

Kemmukta the ruler
He was born in the town of Thomá, to Loakót the lumberjack and Melevo his wife*. At the age of seven his parents passed away from disease, and from then on he was brought up by his uncle, Egone the farmer. At fourteen he moved to the city of Nedema by himself. He found work at a tavern, where he learned much about the world.
* lit. son-bearer

I also wrote a song based on this text, after inventing a traditional song style which uses different grammar from the spoken language. That's propably a bit off topic though, so I think I'll leave it at this.

Rik
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Rik »

(Translations and interlinears on this webpage)

Tconju Babelen

Denevljefraeljem vilue rud dxinsokitculjs laez gamec tcaompun feeg ye dostcisem gotatjee. Gamhieta swasyum club âl maalisteir beda ciklendou, úelgaar laez dxaeklu Kaliedan stuavuetlu âl buetsaluetlu fu ga denedxinsokitculjs tagrjaa, badj gamec âs hrixatee, bljoiseg yux vaey pits yex vopac klov nexljotee sete.

Tasa meevendou, tcuused vljefraelje tcotaste tcad bekheralte flovistren noest kcuuljec tcu tcotwjitumixu vuivljed daet yu ïsen club yaaxuez glesye Tcantant sekstocasee ïsel ó taabwjate. Gamax dezdefyitlatae, cacos ye suftaste vljefrael vilue bekate ke, pokateg yu ken guesuir fintsutlju éhe. Bljoiseg yo loif moqjljutljo dxaatj êicalbutljo sekote, íden fnitlaelnuc yem ken áelen seduu cnoonanti. Todz gamex denesavatjee.

Ûdx loife xek yu todz zbedxex li kreexgote ó tco ken flovisteir puzate, âleg meevote takiy: "mik casya noihaop hont rjiedznine doiy tce, pokat laes yex gam cise staf tsaestwjino do, évdog ye bedxaevdo flovisteir bekiso, manog î goudj glaa zbedxono".

Loife tameevate: "Yu tcong nexil ïsel nets flovistro ïsen, tconjo telaa peimoilo âl qadxoilo sekano, bljoisoqj yuc nazel sano cnoononti. Rjetaz galaese doiy noest ye bedxaevde loiv xuzdaet yu tcaomp satc setcane. Úelgaar yex don gam na matc lez zbedxatjo do, rutab galniede bekarjmane dostce polof tcat ya kreexgald denewjoolaihide âl trasteevuz don".

"Yu tuezaa tcong nexil tcitces", flovistre ce rjistate. Ûdx yu todz zbedxex bedu dxetanti, rutab galaese yu tots áquub bedje byitanti, keebateg yuc rabgiet tcelkadaed vuivljed qjep kyopal li gyinote, pitseg yuc flaey qjep luexent li muufote, dxaatjeg yuc foedljixux djound qjep mat li noidoeftote.

Rofnuc li noihentcatuu, cas tconju sedu pwuustanti camatei. Rjaptec tcotixec fyal bixvetec sekatee, cacos tconju sedju pwuustanti camatei, krjosug dezdxux drjel xaaks yu telaa bal íbuendxixu seduu hrixanti âl kreexganti ó sedu noigxelonti. Bljoisug yu ágefuedespixu gluufisem sekotu, évd gamhietec tcelkadaet tcaompu ïstcu kun yaarjmkeir ce bao grjatjee, dxaadj vopco ûin flovistre noest kcuuljex dxaraevdo pits üugafstaevdo sekato.

Barjesuljs conaa ïstcu vopac loivzyuepwe velixe noihaegyate, âlek ce bao vljeemote tobotconjuks. "Pletu telaa yu gotizem tcisagzou su stiganti", djoetrate ke.

"Yu tconk stoc ye Babel xaagei flovistre noest kcuuljec êe ó bekherasee ïsel", loife rjiedznate kiy. "Ku ágefuedespaevdu xuzdaet tcaompu cise sekasu".

Tameevate ke: "pok peimoilu li sekisu ku".

Tameevate éske: "ku noest wjoolaihido flovistren ïsen peimoudu ü".

"Î daesovu".

"Yux daesov gze civ les stoukine, krjos yo tconk cise hont stigasee ïsel".

Loivzyuepwe noibabalutle fe. "Fyal yu gzun stoukizem ïstcu gaetaa tconk stigisee ve, krjoz Dxaakra yuc soufuwk nets ágefued ven ce les topwasa".

"Yuc ïsen soufuwk ce haz nexljasee ïsete", hozqjate íske. "Ïsel noezd dxaakra ïzdaet pazyoisu kan toumagjec nec sekasee, staenof yu vosk pae seg êha ka".

Loyand dxaakra xak ye galnieden loivzyuepuwk âs tja ó ye loiv vyeemata, âlag yu qaasul rut wjeebint noiguesota, âlag bao tawjon âl li wjon âl les wjonota. Byicnentcec tcelkakaey bao denebwjoecatee, ëdest ka peimagja sekata. Ûdx dxetjnexljuc tcat ya êzekunim pwuustal kan xuseduu bladxljendou. Úelgaar drjeljtjetcnuc yu clintixu vyent nets yu kan drjest hyouhyate. Bljois ka noest tconju peimouda sekata viidjoerjuljsim, ûdxag na glaa wjonota.

Dxaakra tameevata, "yu tcen soqtum noihaelent. Yu syafastu nexljakel loifon ónue cise kreexgase tce, graetapeg yu balnied nets ya gamhiet rut ákarj nana kreexgose. Éft tots naiveskismu tots êrjoedrjismu todz gletsismu tots wjoolaihide toumagje tcat tcaebanalta âl buetsmoemanalta djoirjen tcotixe stav bekasee. Bljois yu tezaa tconk ce satc kezane dostarjestasuljs tce". Ûdx dxetjnexlju dxarastu modosedju bladxljendou basabyoljuljz baxvon kan.

"Yu flienquub öixei tcec loifuir topwate tce ó digrjak pyetasei âl glou kyas. Keebat tcelkya tcaomp ce madx vljeematjee kowjanhesim ra siwjixem ve, rjetaseg yu laes ágefued qjep yec maal âl qaasul pidz dxaekel öixei tcuc plet taabwjasee ve ó cise âs buedzdakonee kowjadostcusec tcotixuc".

Vuisu telaa su rjiedznasee ïsiy, pokat wjoolaihide toumoile gamhietan yex djwjueglalixec áelem pits yeets ïsen ce haz les hezdate tcisises, keebat yex gamhiet rut tcaomp ce paunatje felatjei, graetab byandz game yuc wjadosadx qjeb gamudjev vav áosal vav basatuewjk sen na seg noisetcoisate. Úelgaar dxaakra ye laez gam pout yu ónue wjadosatc tcat ya sen dxalt frietjatja, éf trababu bekasu, bljois cise lja kyasasu ïsiy ku, keeb drjaafux daet áquubuc ïsen yuc ïsem pazyisem goutj seduu kapyanti, ûdx ye karjm tcelkadaet ïsiy les wjapluehezdatee ïsete.

de.ne.vɫe.freɪ.ɫem vɪ.lʌ rʊd ʤɪn.sɒ.kɪ.ʧʊɫs leɪz gæ.meʃ ʧɔm.pʊn fīg je dɒs.ʧɪ.sem gɒ.tæ.tʲī ~ gæm.haɪ.tæ sʍæ.sjʊm ʃlʊb ʲæl mɑ.lɪ.stɜr be.dæ ʃɪ.klen.daʊ, ʰʌl.gɑr leɪz ʤeɪ.klʊ kæ.laɪ.dæn stɑ̄.vʌ.tlʊ ʲæl bʌ.tsæ.lʌ.tlʊ fʊ gæ de.ne.ʤɪn.sɒ.kɪ.ʧʊɫs tæ.gɹɑ, bædʲ gæ.meʃ ʲæs hrɪ.ʒæ.tī, bɫɔɪ.seg jʊʒ veɪj pɪts jeʒ vɒ.pæʃ klɒv ne.ʒɫɒ.tī se.te

tæ.sæ mī.ven.daʊ, ʧu.sed vɫe.freɪ.ɫe ʧɒ.tæ.ste ʧæd bek.he.ræl.te flɒ.vɪ.stren nəʊst kʃu.ɫeʃ ʧʊ ʧɒ.twɪ.tʊ.mɪ.ʒʊ vʊə.vɫed deɪt jʊ ʷɪ.sen ʃlʊb jɑ.ʒʌz gle.sje ʧæn.tænt sek.stɒ.ʃæ.sī ʷɪ.sel ʰɒ tɑ.bwæ.te ~ gæ.mæʒ de.zde.fjɪ.tlæ.teɪ, ʃæ.ʃɒs je sʊf.tæ.ste vɫe.freɪl vɪ.lʌ be.kæ.te ke, pɒ.kæ.teg jʊ ken gʌ.sʊər fɪn.tsʊt.ɫʊ ʰe.he ~ bɫɔɪ.seg jɒ lɔɪf mɒ.χɫʊt.ɫɒ ʤɑtʲ ʲɜ.ʃæl.bʊt.ɫɒ se.kɒ.te, ʰɪ.den fnɪ.tleɪl.nʊʃ jem ken ʰeɪ.len se.du ʃnū.næn.tɪ ~ tɒdz gæ.meʒ de.ne.sæ.væ.tʲī.

ʲʊʤ lɔɪ.fe ʒek jʊ tɒdz zbe.ʤeʒ lɪ krīʒ.gɒ.te ʰɒ ʧɒ ken flɒ.vɪ.stɜr pʊ.zæ.te, ʲæ.leg mī.vɒ.te tæ.kɪj, mɪk ʃæ.sjæ nɔɪ.hɔp hɒnt ɹaɪ.dznɪ.ne dɔɪj ʧe, pɒ.kæt leɪs jeʒ gæm ʃɪ.se stæf tseɪs.twɪ.nɒ dɒ, ʰev.dɒg je be.ʤeɪv.dɒ flɒ.vɪ.stɜr be.kɪ.sɒ, mæ.nɒg ʲɪ gaʊdʲ glɑ zbe.ʤɒ.nɒ

lɔɪ.fe tæ.mī.væ.te, "jʊ ʧɒng ne.ʒɪl ʷɪ.sel nets flɒ.vɪ.strɒ ʷɪ.sen, ʧɒ.ɲɒ te.lɑ pɜ.mɔɪ.lɒ ʲæl qæ.ʤɔɪ.lɒ se.kæ.nɒ, bɫɔɪ.sɒχ jʊʃ næ.zel sæ.nɒ ʃnū.nɒn.tɪ ~ ɹe.tæz gæ.leɪ.se dɔɪj nəʊst je be.ʤeɪv.de lɔɪv ʒʊ.zdeɪt jʊ ʧɔmp sæʧ se.ʧæ.ne. ʰʌl.gɑr jeʒ dɒn gæm næ mæʧ lez zbe.ʤæ.tʲɒ dɒ, rʊ.tæb gæl.naɪ.de be.kæɹ.mæ.ne dɒs.ʧe pɒ.lɒf ʧæt jæ krīʒ.gæld de.ne.wū.leə.hɪ.de ʲæl træ.stī.vʊz dɒn

jʊ tʌ.zɑ ʧɒng ne.ʒɪl ʧɪ.ʧes", flɒ.vɪ.stre ʃe ɹɪ.stæ.te ~ ʲʊʤ jʊ tɒdz zbe.ʤeʒ be.dʊ ʤe.tæn.tɪ, rʊ.tæb gæ.leɪ.se jʊ tɒts ʰæ.qub be.dʲe bjɪ.tæn.tɪ, kī.bæ.teg jʊʃ ræb.gaɪt ʧel.kæ.deɪd vʊə.vɫed χep kjɒ.pæl lɪ gjɪ.nɒ.te, pɪ.tseg jʊʃ fleɪj χep lʌ.ʒent lɪ mu.fɒ.te, ʤɑ.tʲeg jʊʃ fəʊ.dɫɪ.ʒʊʒ dʲaʊnd χep mæt lɪ nɔɪ.dəʊf.tɒ.te

rɒf.nʊʃ lɪ nɔɪ.hen.ʧæ.tu, ʃæs ʧɒ.ɲʊ se.dʊ pʍu.stæn.tɪ ʃæ.mæ.tɜ ~ ɹæp.teʃ ʧɒ.tɪ.ʒeʃ fjæl bɪʒ.ve.teʃ se.kæ.tī, ʃæ.ʃɒs ʧɒ.ɲʊ se.dʲʊ pʍu.stæn.tɪ ʃæ.mæ.tɜ, kɹɒ.sʊg dez.ʤʊʒ dɹel ʒɑks jʊ te.lɑ bæl ʰɪ.bʌn.ʤɪ.ʒʊ se.du hrɪ.ʒæn.tɪ ʲæl krīʒ.gæn.tɪ ʰɒ se.dʊ nɔɪ.gʒe.lɒn.tɪ ~ bɫɔɪ.sʊg jʊ ʰæ.ge.fʌ.des.pɪ.ʒʊ glu.fɪ.sem se.kɒ.tʊ, ʰevd gæm.haɪ.teʃ ʧel.kæ.deɪt ʧɔm.pʊ ʷɪs.ʧʊ kʊn jɑɹm.kɜr ʃe bɔ gɹæ.tʲī, ʤɑdʲ vɒp.ʃɒ ʲʊən flɒ.vɪ.stre nəʊst kʃu.ɫeʒ ʤæ.reɪv.dɒ pɪts ʷu.gæf.steɪv.dɒ se.kæ.tɒ

bæ.ɹe.sʊɫs ʃɒ.nɑ ʷɪs.ʧʊ vɒ.pæʃ lɔɪv.zjʌ.pʍe ve.lɪ.ʒe nɔɪ.heɪ.gjæ.te, ʲæ.lek ʃe bɔ vɫī.mɒ.te tɒ.bɒ.ʧɒ.ɲʊks ~ "ple.tʊ te.lɑ jʊ gɒ.tɪ.zem ʧɪ.sæ.gzaʊ sʊ stɪ.gæn.tɪ", dʲəʊ.træ.te ke

jʊ ʧɒnk stɒʃ je bæ.bel ʒɑ.gɜ flɒ.vɪ.stre nəʊst kʃu.ɫeʃ ʲī ʰɒ bek.he.ræ.sī ʷɪ.sel", lɔɪ.fe ɹaɪ.dznæ.te kɪj ~ "kʊ ʰæ.ge.fʌ.des.peɪv.dʊ ʒʊ.zdeɪt ʧɔm.pʊ ʃɪ.se se.kæ.sʊ

tæ.mī.væ.te ke, "pɒk pɜ.mɔɪ.lʊ lɪ se.kɪ.sʊ kʊ

tæ.mī.væ.te ʰes.ke, "kʊ nəʊst wū.leə.hɪ.dɒ flɒ.vɪ.stren ʷɪ.sem pɜ.maʊ.dʊ ʷʊ

ʲɪ deɪ.sɒ.vʊ

jʊʒ deɪ.sɒv gze ʃɪv les staʊ.kɪ.ne, kɹɒs jɒ ʧɒnk ʃɪ.se hɒnt stɪ.gæ.sī ʷɪ.sel

lɔɪv.zjʌ.pʍe nɔɪ.bæ.bæ.lʊ.tle fe ~ "fjæl jʊ gzʊn staʊ.kɪ.zem ʷɪs.ʧʊ geɪ.tɑ ʧɒnk stɪ.gɪ.sī ve, kɹɒz ʤɑ.kræ jʊʃ saʊ.fʊʍk nets ʰæ.ge.fʌd ven ʃe les tɒ.pʍæ.sæ

jʊʃ ʷɪ.sen saʊ.fʊʍk ʃe hæz ne.ʒɫæ.sī ʷɪ.se.te", hɒz.χæ.te ʰɪs.ke ~ "ʷɪ.sel nəʊzd ʤɑ.kræ ʷɪ.zdeɪt pæ.zjɔɪ.sʊ kæn taʊ.mæ.xeʃ neʃ se.kæ.sī, steɪ.nɒf jʊ vɒsk peɪ seg ʲe.hæ kæ

lɒ.jænd ʤɑ.kræ ʒæk je gæl.naɪ.den lɔɪv.zjʌ.pʊʍk ʲæs tʲæ ʰɒ je lɔɪv vjī.mæ.tæ, ʲæ.læg jʊ qɑ.sʊl rʊt wī.bɪnt nɔɪ.gʌ.sɒ.tæ, ʲæ.læg bɔ tæ.wɒn ʲæl lɪ wɒn ʲæl les wɒ.nɒ.tæ ~ bjɪ.ʃnen.ʧeʃ ʧel.kæ.keɪj bɔ de.ne.bwəʊ.ʃæ.tī, ʷe.dest kæ pɜ.mæ.xæ se.kæ.tæ ~ ʲʊʤ ʤetʲ.ne.ʒɫʊʃ ʧæt jæ ʲe.ze.kʊ.nɪm pʍu.stæl kæn ʒʊ.se.du blæ.ʤɫen.daʊ ~ ʰʌl.gɑr dɹeɫ.tʲe.ʧnʊʃ jʊ ʃlɪn.tɪ.ʒʊ vjent nets jʊ kæn dɹest hjaʊ.hjæ.te ~ bɫɔɪs kæ nəʊst ʧɒ.ɲʊ pɜ.maʊ.dæ se.kæ.tæ vɪə.dʲəʊ.ɹʊɫ.sɪm, ʲʊ.ʤæg næ glɑ wɒ.nɒ.tæ

ʤɑ.kræ tæ.mī.væ.tæ, "jʊ ʧen sɒq.tʊm nɔɪ.heɪl.ent ~ jʊ sjæ.fæ.stʊ ne.ʒɫæ.kel lɔɪ.fɒn ʰɒ.nʌ ʃɪ.se krīʒ.gæ.se ʧe, greɪ.tæ.peg jʊ bæl.naɪd nets jæ gæm.haɪt rʊt ʰæ.kæɹ næ.næ krīʒ.gɒ.se ~ ʰeft tɒts neə.ves.kɪ.smʊ tɒts ʲe.ɹəʊ.dɹɪ.smʊ tɒdz gle.tsɪ.smʊ tɒts wū.leə.hɪ.de taʊ.mæ.xe ʧæt ʧeɪ.bæ.næl.tæ ʲæl bʌ.tsməʊ.mæ.næl.tæ dʲɔɪ.ɹen ʧɒ.tɪ.ʒe stæv be.kæ.sī ~ bɫɔɪs jʊ te.zɑ ʧɒnk ʃe sæʧ ke.zæ.ne dɒ.stæ.ɹe.stæ.sʊɫs ʧe" ~ ʲʊʤ ʤetʲ.ne.ʒɫʊ ʤæ.ræ.stʊ mɒ.dɒ.se.dʲʊ blæ.ʤɫen.daʊ bæ.sæ.bjɒ.ɫʊɫz bæʒ.vɒn kæn

jʊ flaɪn.qub ʷɔɪ.ʒɜ ʧeʃ lɔɪ.fʊər tɒ.pʍæ.te ʧe ʰɒ dɪ.gɹæk pje.tæ.sɜ ʲæl glaʊ kjæs ~ kī.bæt ʧel.kjæ ʧɔmp ʃe mæʤ vɫī.mæ.tʲī kɒ.wæn.he.sɪm ræ sɪ.wɪ.ʒem ve, ɹe.tæ.seg jʊ leɪs ʰæ.ge.fʌd χep jeʃ mɑl ʲæl qɑ.sʊl pɪdz ʤeɪ.kel ʷɔɪ.ʒɜ ʧʊʃ plet tɑ.bwæ.sī ve ʰɒ ʃɪ.se ʲæs bʌd.zdæ.kɒ.nī kɒ.wæ.dɒs.ʧʊ.seʃ ʧɒ.tɪ.ʒʊʃ

vʊə.sʊ te.lɑ sʊ ɹaɪ.dznæ.sī ʷɪ.sɪj, pɒ.kæt wū.leə.hɪ.de taʊ.mɔɪ.le gæm.haɪ.tæn jeʒ dʲwʌ.glæ.lɪ.ʒeʃ ʰeɪ.lem pɪts jīts ʷɪ.sen ʃe hæz les he.zdæ.te ʧɪ.sɪ.ses, kī.bæt jeʒ gæm.haɪt rʊt ʧɔmp ʃe pɔ̄.næ.tʲe fe.læ.tʲɜ, greɪ.tæb bjændz gæ.me jʊʃ wæ.dɒ.sæʤ χeb gæ.mʊ.dʲev væv ʰɔ.sæl væv bæ.sæ.tʌwk sen næ seg nɔɪ.se.ʧɔɪ.sæ.te ~ ʰʌl.gɑr ʤɑ.kræ je leɪz gæm paʊt jʊ ʰɒ.nʌ wæ.dɒ.sæʧ ʧæt jæ sen ʤælt fraɪ.tʲæ.tʲæ, ʰef træ.bæ.bʊ be.kæ.sʊ, bɫɔɪs ʃɪ.se ɫæ kjæ.sæ.sʊ ʷɪ.sɪj kʊ, kīb dɹɑ.fʊʒ deɪt ʰæ.qu.bʊʃ ʷɪ.sen jʊʃ ʷɪ.sem pæ.zjɪ.sem gaʊtʲ se.du kæ.pjæn.tɪ, ʲʊʤ je kæɹm ʧel.kæ.deɪt ʷɪ.sɪj les wæ.plʌ.he.zdæ.tī ʷɪ.se.te

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

My longest is probably my translation of Frozen.

Tĭs tönüt sakage choy mega tönütö avarater
Dongka akhi varda hata choyov megad hata
Tĭ kataygaligad
Choymen ardaad ya tsaanggigad

Tĭ hat shamana choyuga choy liyambema ragad
Karasmi ü sabagogimi nasanggadus nevjet
Tĭ gikhugad

Ivarda nesemüngkis ardaada
Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö
Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva
Tĭs segadus chaa

Un ne müdenhüsĭĭl kidzen ya hata
Tĭs mederussi tamalgadus ma um gemmikhum eym kemi
Iminüntütki
Umul ardaam gikhum

Ütümegi hata chipamov, ata sedüüd avudada
Tĭgĭ hata inaada kim dzasser önöörrüüt
Tĭ kataygaligad

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö
Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva
Tĭs segadus chaa

Tĭ kataygaligad

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö
Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva
Tĭs segadus chaa

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö
Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva
Tĭs segadus chaa

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You're frozen
When your heart's not open

You're so consumed with how much you get
You waste your time with hate and regret
You're broken

If I could melt your heart
We'd never be apart
Give yourself to me
You hold the key

Now there's no point in placing the blame
And you should know I suffer the same
If I lose
[EDIT: The word "you" seems to have disappeared from here, I don't know if the translation is correct or not.]
My heart will be broken

Love is a bird, she needs to fly
Let all the hurt inside of you die
You're frozen

We'd never be apart
Give yourself to me
You hold the key

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You're frozen

We'd never be apart
Give yourself to me
You hold the key

We'd never be apart
Give yourself to me
You hold the key

My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

The interlinear of your translation might be more interesting, since we can find Madonna's lyrics practically anywhere.

Observer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Observer »

It would be helpful to mention the name of your conlangs in your posts, even if they're mentioned in any links provided.

Foolster41, will you gloss "alkemesanalegilsankoheylasa" for me? I'm interested in how that translates to "The Mortor and pestle is very important for Alchemists."

finlay, what does "TC" stand for as you used it? I'm only familiar with "topic creator."

Also, will you explain the translation convention you used for proper names? Two add an "-ip," one an "-ob," one "-az" and one "-èz."

Zwap, feel free to post the song if you wish. I've no objection.

Rik, what is the significance of the periods within words in Gevey? Also, is "SIMA" a gloss for "simultaneous?" My only resource is the Wikipedia page on glosses, and it's not listed.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

My longest translation has probably been no more than two sentences but I hope to eventually be able to translate an entire short story into Kinál. I've gotten really far with this one, and I usually just trash my projects after a month.

TC stands for "Translation Challenge"
Last edited by ---- on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Observer:
translation challenge, pretty much specific to here and other conlanging forums. We haven't had many recently for some reason.

the topic originator is known as the OP (original poster), and that's pretty much universal to the internet these days.

and those suffixes are, uh, cases. couldn't you figure that out?

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Observer: I noticed some errors in the line. It should be (corrections in bold):

alkemesananailegilkoheyllasa

And the gloss is:

alkeme-sana-nai-le-gil-koke-yl-lasa
alchemy-2-PL-POS-over/great-2-crusher(mortor)-and-bowl
Literally "Alchemists have the great crusher and bowl."

Actually, I was also translating "One FIsh two fish Red Fish Blue Fish" but since it's copyrighted never posted it, but what I had was easily longer than Fundamentals of Alchemy.
Last edited by Foolster41 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

So where's the bit that means "is very important for"? I've always thought your glosses seemed somewhat deficient in that they don't seem to translate everything that's in the text...

Foolster41
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Foolster41 »

Well, the "Gil", which I wrote in the gloss "over", really denotes also importance of greatness (I suppose I should have glossed it that way).. It's not exactly precise (and you may be correct about my language being a bit weak in that area), in that it doesn't link to alchemy, but it does denote importance to the possessor (the alchemist).

bulbaquil
Lebom
Lebom

Post by bulbaquil »

The US Declaration of Independence.

You don't want me to post the whole thing here, let alone with gloss or IPA.
MI DRALAS, KHARULE MEVO STANI?!

äreo
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by äreo »

bulbaquil wrote:The US Declaration of Independence.

I do

Ascima mresa óscsma sáca psta numar cemea.
Cemea tae neasc ctá ms co ísbas Ascima.
Carho. Carho. Carho. Carho. Carho. Carho. Carho.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

bulbaquil wrote:The US Declaration of Independence.

Just the first few lines if you want. I'd like to see just a bit.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Cathbad
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Cathbad »

I'm currently working on a semi-long passage in High Eolic... a religious text, actually. Hopefully ready in a couple of weeks or so.

I had some proper stories in Trurian, but in an earlier form of the language... no longer current.

MONOBA
Lebom
Lebom

Post by MONOBA »

This is in Siwa. I'm still writing it but I've taken a break now.

- Katakekimi tatakka da -

„Niraimaka de sahõrima-ni yvma somi raįa nenima ỏdni onta seįamuka te tamįeįetta-mi te takeutảimotta-mi, sini tįita katta katitįemutta oḥia tsavmuhkika ỉlma tosġamibma tsutta moakįutįima-uri poaksaihnaka tatanovvuma tatraka atakka tavmi.
Tamủla tei omuki atkanokkamo, keppie ari ymỷla nikimi. Tảumigagga-ha tei ahtuttaita, oibumi ari pesamara saygla maskika-ha daita aḥ-atrika mosomattai sủrriedi.
Euruagga on, dotįomiṡkka katta tamakįuṡematta raibma osaygliṡkka taga.
Mega ỉlisyvvuehimi nůvkumi katakekike kimi tatrua tsamṡika-ha de:

❝Komo na ypalaṡi setue tatakka tỏmo te bama, tatokemu taga tautįaita-ha. Totįu on keidga rumuma, kisvoavvatįu maįa tatraka da osmuma, ketougga ka gegnari sihiska ảlnidi ỉnka te katakekieįa on ẻg on taįa dotimi tõkkiauki. Iremka on bidįis riema nuįa odegga, gagemimatta sikuvti on ba oksia me mosomattai-mo tįegmari-ha hotamattai keṡa. Kisvoavvamuįagga. Mimi on iįomu tįenkami ỉtantaka da, pỉhkaba ka savla besġimara kemỉngsa da. Mena on saibba sikka gegnahta sironukite daika įu tiebba sůskemi dįatutta eppimara eukkaime daikaįa. Hevna-ha on gatkedami bidįis tủ ruoma sironu oakibma, atatįivla įu tsġůliska saimrakita tatantůsůkihi uohke. Misa te ohủdni mikųake kimi tįita savla besġimatta saumsukihi te ủri dỉgįa da.❞

Taįu mes kadliemi sainia todattara eųoskisa belraita-ha daita, kokkora nįanka gi poskisa. Tatskaguri ỉlasyvvuttami te tatokebiguri dỉgįitaba.“
Mimi anettu ỉddįa ogika sẻhkotomutta. Tỏhnỉgi on, sipi pekohi gįekehi kỉnguilas tane. Livlu gone ỉlkỏimo, davkỏ olke ari tủ tatakka siranuttai dỉgįika. Mohkįu te ỉnka sẻhkaṡimi, eukkara iṡitủta savi megi tane.
Mekųitįu me nůirrigi tei usikkita ylymia įevti ykkydlyma, nuppaiaga ari mõskaba ůrįů daįa. Komo muhkia atsiokia on ketiasta kįamnutta nỉta somie, sę katta iseiskei siddeki tįęvme ekkeukonsittika.
Ahha taįu on ukeuvli dįatkohma, ogia komõḥi sikuta bẻ onatsaiko. Õska on nona de nanu-ni livlu sġaki, tonkia kade nỉtkųaddįa ṡiṡa keṡa, nodi koa maįa tohmo osġagge. Nabi ỉska migi ỉlsyvvaṡimi ontu aįi oritta geska megi te.
Mena lilda ỉlsyvvotula on keddagge, teupasiṡimara ahhaine ari gi seiskei. Ko onami napska lilda nautta kįuṡma nonutta.
Dįatatįu oįu kodįi baski te lilda ỉlkỏitįu, kemṡeika iglehi on itảhridla sokka denari, katoseiskeiri įu keidimara sainake rủ-ha daita. Mohkįu ne onta kadliemi iṡi kottaitaka okebina ahtuttaita sġeita, gaṡivi katta sỏmaka muvma muki, te bahhįo denari on ỉskidika on tįegmarika. Keįotįomi on te keuhủnistui sġa iṡotime, nenista on nįevle gattia tỏmġo bavme sġori, gatottua netsukitta saįa datta geska tatraka sġaįo. Õska on katutsġovvakas sarinu nenotima belmieįa ỉskutįai, kistami debmi gastiehdima tuokko ỉddįika-ha somie. Nohkįu te onta sẻhkaṡimi aiskamatta nuomuma te alahraka tavmi tantaka tohmo oamo oita monimitta, ṡỉnka katta atseikori tavviṡotime-ha. Mene õde okegu ogia sikkủttai ỉskutįai muvma gataġvimattami ỉnka. Ko tįita tohhįitįu osġaka, ubaġamsi on tįibe sahka dotima, ma ka tonkiuki dįihmi pįakkaikaba ogita savi tadenatįaita bahhįo. Tala on kyṡůaba muhimatta davkori, uno akki komo „Tataseldủ“ lilda go. Nikitįu ahha on atkaka ga, gatosoaki įu tataseldủtta muvma guki. Nabi na aska manantia nokkiu „Tatasen“ taga. Ko na onta ketsġis maskika-go dỉgįa nantamu ṡảnri tįitahha nokkiu da tohhįotimi, ruoįu ỉnka katta unokkeika Tatasen, raįia tavviṡotimattai dỉgįika osġaka. Dįikkami on de ỉstuki-mo, unokkatįu riehko komo daka, uorami įu davkori. Ỉngitįu ahhįa on nami, ỉngi on to te. Onatįu unua on nokkiuttaika gami, onami įu, dami mega megi.
Kaskoaki on sỏka, komo katutsġovvas tỏvmaitaba kįalkaka bavti ỉlontutta tsủnsodlima. Soprala sikvihidohaita mes, keubba-ha gi gata itobủki. Unoni sahhįa kokutta sidontutta osġeta. Keda avvi poavnoṡmomia derrotu te kỉkirrima neka, tsoairra ari tamumiddita sohkoaskeri kįuṡpa tęrombisima. Sę on netta sikuma, dahkari mansali, siddisiṡi on sikuma. Napska on ogįalami koku ůvla tora sỏmaka, tanivki komo bảtra gįekehi kirritįu ahha ga. Onakkei on „Pỉmi“, unakkiagge kedni Ỉpia, ga debmi nauki tuobmi uika „ỉpi”. Ogįaṡimi on sỏmaka onotakimo tįiba nỉmimatta osġe, kydįe-hi de nỉmiṡi muvmabe me. Tatka sỏmaka geska, ogįasiṡimi. Ṡemimattaikami geska, įaykamo oda ataka. Ga on tủrimi to, unokkei on „Kinapoṡmi“. Rykisủ ṡinkamủ on, te ůrkyno nįevleba, tamosi on sibma te ogeta. Tįita tohhįitįu gaka tanivki moahnihta ỏ te.
Anỉvvu kottaitaka tyry-ha, toton-ỏg toton-a. Kemediskke, keumaskke on, keumahriskke on, te keuhủnistuiskke taga, na debmi kemỉvviskke. Tataseldủ-tủrimṡiutudagge įu. Eluli mes õde ogia na kaskoamatta sỏmaka, keubbia-ha euligautimu on, hitįia ůhuhheįe on, te sỏmaka nakkiuttaiaka okurủ, „Ohhukka“. Napska kedni unakkeika „Tsoair-Ohhukka“.

⁘ ⁘ ⁘

Mega mỉddįi, minubmi muvma, tabbikubmi uvnįa, erẻbmi miohtsimatta atria, mega on masaskeis įuhįuhika tatarahi, koba on mỉhuma tải erruddįia sġameri, te heįeka kygįuaia neni tsảbbekkia uvnįa sġameri taga. Mįalgaskamara siehhõdi, nįadlaskamara dumỉddįimittaba. Gagulkia guolkui įihka koattįi rỷhhi ṡima maski-go, davva õde. Sảntiaskke bialvukka, įuvvaiaskke pielkie te ỷhma, vievlaskke įảlpika, nubmaskke on sủ, mahraskke on mảhra, te ỉksuiskke taga, davva õde.
Kon oma na uolodġus. Bahko...

Qwynegold
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Qwynegold »

Shm Jay wrote:The interlinear of your translation might be more interesting, since we can find Madonna's lyrics practically anywhere.
OK, Frozen in Songulda with interlinear. Keep in mind that this is old shit. Oh and sorry about the words not being broken up into morphemes. The terms in parenthesis stand for zero marked stuff.

you-ERG see-(PRES)-2S only what.REL-(ABS) want see-(PRES)-3PL-(ABS) eye-2S-(ABS)-PL

how life-(ABS) can is-(PRES)-3S-(ABS) what.REL-PART want-(PRES)-2S is-(PRES)-3S-(ABS)

Tĭ kataygaligad
you-(ABS) freeze-PAST-STAT-(ABS)-2S

when.REL heart-2S-(ABS) not open-(PRES)-STAT-2S-(ABS)

Tĭ hat shamana choyuga choy liyambema ragad
you-(ABS) is-(PRES)-2S-(ABS) busy-(POS) what.REL-INES what_amount.REL get-2S-(ABS)

Karasmi ü sabagogimi nasanggadus nevjet
hate-INST and regret-INST waste-2S-ERG time-2S-(ABS)

Tĭ gikhugad
you-(ABS) break-(PRES)-STAT-2S-(ABS)

COND-can melt-1S-COND-ERG heart-2S-(ABS)

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö
we never divide-(PRES)-STAT-1PL

Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva
give-IMP-2S-ERG yourself-(ABS) I-BEN

Tĭs segadus chaa
you-ERG have-(PRES)-2S-ERG key-(ABS)

Un ne müdenhüsĭĭl kidzen ya hata
now_ blame-INF-GEN reason not is-3S-(ABS)

Tĭs mederussi tamalgadus ma um gemmikhum eym kemi
you should-ERG-DSD know-2S-ERG that-(ABS) I-(ABS) suffer-1S-(ABS) same_way-(ABS)-INSTR

Iminüntütki
COND-disappear-2S-COND
(this corresponds to the line "if I lose" in the lyrics, I have no idea what's going on here :?)

Umul ardaam gikhum
I-GEN heart-1S-(ABS) break-1S-(ABS)

Ütümegi hata chipamov, ata sedüüd avudada
love-(ABS) is-3S-(ABS) bird-PART she-(ABS) need-3S fly-3S-(ABS)

Tĭgĭ hata inaada kim dzasser önöörrüüt
you-INES is-3S-(ABS) pain-(ABS) all let die-(PRES)-3S-(ABS)

Tĭ kataygaligad

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö

Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva

Tĭs segadus chaa

you-ERG see-(PRES)-2S only what.REL-(ABS) want see-(PRES)-3PL-(ABS) eye-2S-(ABS)-PL

how life-(ABS) can is-(PRES)-3S-(ABS) what.REL-PART want-(PRES)-2S is-(PRES)-3S-(ABS)

Tĭ kataygaligad

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö

Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva

Tĭs segadus chaa

Uso ya kim ne ikhebüyüsö

Tubannuydus tĭdee umeva

Tĭs segadus chaa

My most recent quiz:
Eurovision Song Contest 2018

Observer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Observer »

finlay, I couldn't figure that out, I know little of linguistics or language. Regardless, what do the cases mean?

Foolster41, there are nine parts to the word and only eight to the gloss. I can't figure out what matches what. Alkeme is clearly alchemy; koke-yl-lasa crusher-and-bowl, but the middle is unclear to me.

MONOBA, can you post an English translation as well?

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

What is a really good thing for me to translate if I'm trying to do a long text? (Like a page or so at most)

Curlyjimsam
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Curlyjimsam »

I am extremely bad at actually producing texts (they take a lot of effort, and there isn't all that much you can do with them when you've finished), but I did recently get around to producing some texts in Viksen that were actually longer than about a sentence for my History of the Viksen Language. Of the two texts, this is the longer in modern Viksen (the transliteration is somewhat different from the one ):
Uk yiku kad id kaz wu.
Uk ṭṣuz wu yi Jid a wu, nad yi e wuẓinak vog-əg piz id wu, nad yi e inu id yil an id bog, ənən e e inu iwi wu.
Uk ṭṣuz wu yi Jid a-s ẓin id bog, nad yi e yin iṇebekuyi eda ḍu, ən eda e tozaz zu. Taz e yin yi eda tazan e nad yi eda teme 'da e nu wu e kaz á.
Uk ṭṣuz wu ẓin əd Jid a-s kaha ji, nad yi eda yi piz əd e kaz yi ji, nad yi eda iṇebekuyi woẓnag e ḍu sod əd igoz kaz gə taz yi byuḍz uk iwi va wu mákru.
Uk yiku kad id kaz wu.
Translation (I'm afraid I don't have a gloss):
This is the truth of all things.

It is true that there is one God, and that he is mighty and knowing and good, and that he created the universe and everything in it, though he himself is outside the universe.

It is true that the single God created all people, and that he desires fellowship with them, but they have turned from him. And so he desires that they return to him and offer themselves up to him in his presence.

It is true that people must seek the single God, and that they must follow his just laws, and that they must enter into fellowship with him as children of a father, because joy does not exist outside of this.

This is the truth of all things.
Pitifully, the longest continuous text in Atlian is probably something like:

mu guyi u yi ka ussi luku u Akitaassessi, ka so ssiku upoossinessu
/mu guji u ji ka uʃi luku u akita:ʃeʃi ka so ʃiku ufo:ʃinʃu/
with spite of NOM that go-IMPERF be:HUM:SING:FUT to Akitas that NEG see-HUM:SING:FUT president-DEF
“even if s/he goes to Akitas, s/he won’t see the president,” (lit. “although s/he would go to Akitas, s/he won’t see the present”)

Bryan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Bryan »

The Lord's Prayer in Tutonisk (my Germanic AuxLang). It's on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbt6d4wfBBA