Looking back...

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Looking back...

Post by Drydic »

I was just going thru the old Board, and I found hte first pleading for an Axun??in grammar:
Luca wrote: Posted by Luca Mangiat (212.171.82.169) on July 08, 2000 at 10:46:58:

In Reply to: Re: Working together for a better Almea (sniff!) posted by Mark Rosenfelder on June 28, 2000 at 14:29:42:

Emai!

It's quite a lot I don't take a look at what's going on here around!

: There's some stuff that's not really ready to publish (such as a treatment of the Xurnese religions). But some things are pretty much done and are just waiting for web-ization:

: * grammars for Cu?zi, Cadhinor, Xurnese, and Axunashin
: * the Historical Atlas
: * the Practical Course
: * a number of maps

I'd be very happy to HTMLize one of the grammars, even because I am a really curious conlanger, but methinks I don't have enough time!

: I'm writing a new grammar of Cadhinor, however-- one that purports to be a translation of a Verdurian grammar. This should be a lot of fun, as I get to shed the persona of the impartial linguistic observer, and instead write like a chauvinistic Verdurian who idolizes the ancient empire.

Wow, this looks a great project!

: You can e-mail me if you feel like tackling one of these projects.

I'd be really interested to read those files, even if I can't do the HTMLizing work for you (sorry :-). Why don't you start to put up the Xurnese and Axunashin grammars, the Historical Atlas and those maps as you've done for Cadhinor and Cu?zi grammars and the course, that is, in an ftp format?

Luca
Of course, Mark's obviously changed a bit of stuff since then, otherwise it'd be up by now!

I also found Mark's first post about Civ 2:
zompist wrote:Posted by Mark Rosenfelder (192.35.251.2) on June 14, 2000 at 16:02:32:

(Ab Calton! Rho e log kio zet celmete civilization! Iy eshshane ilet tenao u dom?n es??)

Has anyone played Microprose Civilization II? I just got a copy and I'm addicted. You can make your own scenarios, and I hope to make an Almean version, complete with icons...

--Mark
He sounds just like us! And from that came this, and [url=http://www.zompist.com/winciv2.htm]this[url].

Just nostalgising.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

Ah, nostalgia rules.

though back in 2000 my conlanging was terrible, unlike marks, which seems good all the way back! :roll:
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

Ghost
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ghost »

Indeed. I am often found remninsciating(sp?) about 'the good old days'. Of course, the good old days were actually before I even got here. :P

I enjoy reading the old board, not least because its so much more focused.

Ghost :roll:
[url=http://www.emalaith.com/census.html]ZBB Census 2006[/url]

ketske
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ketske »

So in other words,

The Old ZBB was far too productive and focused.
[img]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/political-pictures-barack-obama-beliefs-believe-sign.jpg[/img]

Ghost
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ghost »

You forgot the #almea-esque ...s!

Ghost :wink:
[url=http://www.emalaith.com/census.html]ZBB Census 2006[/url]

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

ketske wrote:So in other words, The Old ZBB was far too productive and focused.
Yes, but that was because every week Mark was revealing new episodes and maps in the history of Almea, so we had reason to keep focus. I know, I was there. Now that it takes so long for new revelations, you cannot blame us for wandering off topic.

ketske
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ketske »

If we can't get the Axun??in grammar, I guess making philisophical statements about underwear'll have to do. ;
[img]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/political-pictures-barack-obama-beliefs-believe-sign.jpg[/img]

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

ketske wrote:If we can't get the Axun??in grammar, I guess making philisophical statements about underwear'll have to do. ;
How about philosophical statements about Axun??in underwear? What kind of underwear do they wear in Verduria?

ketske
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ketske »

Wow... nice topic correction.

But yeah, that WOULD be interesting to know.

Xeon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Xeon »

Shm Jay wrote:
ketske wrote:If we can't get the Axun??in grammar, I guess making philisophical statements about underwear'll have to do. ;
How about philosophical statements about Axun??in underwear? What kind of underwear do they wear in Verduria?
What an interesting question.... I don't think Mark has covered that one yet.

ketske
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ketske »

Now you've done it, I have an insatiable curiosity about Almean undergarments! I do hope Zomp covers this topic somehow.

Either that or it'll become like Quenya and the lack of words for all things sexual.

Space Dracula
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Space Dracula »

ketske wrote:Either that or it'll become like Quenya and the lack of words for all things sexual.
One has to wonder how Christopher was even born.
<Dudicon> i would but you're too fat to fit in my mouth!!

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Space Dracula wrote:
ketske wrote:Either that or it'll become like Quenya and the lack of words for all things sexual.
One has to wonder how Christopher was even born.
Wild boars. Tolkien was born in South Africa, after all. It would explain Christopher's estate as well.
Image Image

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

ketske wrote:Now you've done it, I have an insatiable curiosity about Almean undergarments! I do hope Zomp covers this topic somehow.

Either that or it'll become like Quenya and the lack of words for all things sexual.
Oh, quite the opposite; Verdurian has a fairly extensive sexual vocabulary.

As for Almean underwear, interested parties will be able to find a picture of a Verdurian woman modelling lanika and bres.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

zompist wrote:As for Almean underwear, interested parties will be able to find a picture of a Verdurian woman modelling lanika and bres.
And one modelling neither, too :mrgreen:

ketske
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ketske »

I was trying (and failing) to suggest Almea and no underwear == Arda and no sex.

Xeon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Xeon »

Are these Verdurian undergarments?

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Xeon wrote:Are these Verdurian undergarments?
I do believe that is what Zomp was referring to. Funny, I never realised that before.
Image Image

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

You can tell how dull of a person i am by the fact that as i saw that picture, i was immediately struck by an idea concerning- the background. instead of drawing those rooms, wouldnt it be more aesthetically pleasing to construct Verdurian houses using "The Sims 2?" you can create/download custom furniture, skins, garments, everything, and mold it into a gorgeous, easily changable whole. you could even experiment with how these elements of their environment affect their everyday actions, and this is the best idea, i think:

think how quickly, easily, acurately, and alterably you could draw verdurian PEOPLE!!!! You can even design Uesti and construct them, unique features and all, in minutes!

its 1:35 am, so dont judge me too much...

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

But that would not be right, according to the ethos of laws established by the Deruvian Pontiff Garan?s the Wise, in 1486 GY. Besides, the Sims sucks. You can't even kill anything!
Image Image

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Drydic_guy wrote:But that would not be right, according to the ethos of laws established by the Deruvian Pontiff Garan?s the Wise, in 1486 GY. Besides, the Sims sucks. You can't even kill anything!
i have yet to find how the sims is "fun," but while it may be useless as a game, it might be useful as a design tool. in its embryonic stage, its was a simulation for testing architectural theories, before its commercial value became apparent.

Post by Guest »

?????????? ? ?????? ? ?????? ? ??????? ?????????: http://cernis.cz

Oric
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Oric »

Speaking of it- where is the VV board? I can't find it.

Matt
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Matt »

Oric wrote:Speaking of it- where is the VV board? I can't find it.
http://www.zompist.com/board/
Kuku-kuku kaki kakak kakekku kaku kaku.
'the toenails of my grandfather's elder brother are stiff'