Suggestion

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
ClearThinkingMind
Niš
Niš

Suggestion

Post by ClearThinkingMind »

I think it would be really cool if you put the Ad'ivro on the site, or at least the main part of it. Maybe I missed something and its already somewhere on the site. But you put the Count of Years in, which is sort of like the Cuzeian Bible, and I thought that the Ad'ivro seemed like that too, but anyway, it would be cool. And I know about the section in Cadhinorian paganism that concerns the Ad'ivro, but I'm talking about explaining its contents in detail, or even translating the book itself. Just a suggestion.

Twpsyn Pentref
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Twpsyn Pentref »

Zomp's only mortal, AnimusClareCognitans. Everything has its own time.
So take this body at sunset to the great stream whose pulses start in the blue hills, and let these ashes drift from the Long Bridge where only a late gull breaks that deep and populous grave.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

On the whole it'd be quite boring, unless you have a taste for the liturgy of other people's religions. :) It's more like the Book of Common Prayer than like the Bible. But maybe sometime I'll translate a sample.

blank stare
Niš
Niš

Post by blank stare »

It'd still be cool though. And something to brag about.
[url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/][img]http://images.kingsofchaos.com/safer.gif[/img][/url]

It's not very nice, being eaten by a cow.
- Curlyjimsam

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

blank stare wrote:It'd still be cool though. And something to brag about.
To be honest, I'd exhibit a preference for non-Cadhinorian material ahead of more Cadhinorian stuff . . . there's some really interesting stuff elsewhere in Erelae.
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

So Haleza Grise wrote:there's some really interesting stuff elsewhere in Erelae.
...not really. wait- unless you mean Xurnas.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Blackhand
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Blackhand »

Brandrinn, have you ever read any of the Elkar?l grammar? Read the Count of Years? Gone thru the Historical Atlas? Because those are pretty damn interesting documents.
[quote]<Maknas> Run around the Arizona desert with a gun and claim you're fighting Al-Qaeda, that'll definitely make you known.[/quote]

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

the historical atlas is fascinating, and the Elkaril grammar is certainly innovative. i wouldn't have generalized if I had known anyone was going to get bent out of shape over it. perhaps Skourene languages could use some more coverage.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Kolya
Niš
Niš

Post by Kolya »

brandrinn wrote:the historical atlas is fascinating, and the Elkaril grammar is certainly innovative. i wouldn't have generalized if I had known anyone was going to get bent out of shape over it. perhaps Skourene languages could use some more coverage.
Yea, when I was going through the historical atlas I found myself less concerned over the yellow/orange sector and more interested in the grey region in the littoral and above.
[quote="aardwolf"]
I'd lay off words like "exude" and "aura" (especially in the same sentence) in order to +1 your machoness.[/quote]

Blackhand
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Blackhand »

Well, not really bent out of shape, I was just incredulous that you hadn't seen that other stuff. Apologies to you, kind sir; I tend to overreact.

Yours truthfully,

Blackhand
[quote]<Maknas> Run around the Arizona desert with a gun and claim you're fighting Al-Qaeda, that'll definitely make you known.[/quote]