Favorite of the Thinkers...

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
DF
Sanci
Sanci

Favorite of the Thinkers...

Post by DF »

What's everyone's favorite of Almea's sentient species? Why? Mine would have to be the ktuvoki. I find their behavior fascinating, as well as their culture. It's interesting how they effect their slaves and pets.

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

Its got to be the ilii. i supose it is partly because i look at them and wonder how different my underwater species became. the ilii are plesant, knowledgable, and have a massive history. my Aranixari are more like the borg from star trek. I though not much is said about them save in the count of years and a few other places, they still facinate me. to me they occupy the place that the elves occupied in LOTR {though that is not a bad thing}

The Ktuvoki are also very inovative as well. though i seem to have a lack of intrest in Flaids, i suppose they represent the "intermeditaries" in the way that the hobbits were used in Tolkien. {and hobbits are, to me, the worst part of LOTR} i'm just too cynical i suppose. :(
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

Iscun
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Iscun »

Warmaster wrote:{and hobbits are, to me, the worst part of LOTR}
*sniff* Y-y-you don't like Hobbits? :cry:

My favorite Almean species? hm. Well, I guess I like the Flaids the most. They crack me up.
Last edited by Iscun on Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Tolkien discussion moved to "Yet another Tolkien discussion" on None of the Above.

Jaaaaaa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jaaaaaa »

Now, to get back on topic (gasp!)...

my favorite "Thinker" (heh) would probably be either the Ilii or the Flaids. I think the Ilii are the most interesting, but I just plain like the Flaids for some reason.

Aidan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Aidan »

I'd have to say the elcari. Mostly because I know them better than any of the others yet. I'm looking forward to some more icelani information, though.

Dudicon
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Dudicon »

I would undoubtedly say the uesti. Non-human species have never really interested me as much as many people, and my focus has always been on humans.

Mecislau
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mecislau »

I think the uesti, too, for pretty much the same reasons Dudicon outlined.

If I had to choose a non-human species, I would say the ilii. They are knowedgable and have a long history (although I don't know a lot of it), and everything I don't know gives them a kind of "mysterious aura".