Verdurian PDF?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Aszev
Lebom
Lebom

Verdurian PDF?

Post by Aszev »

Just a thought, why don't you make a pdf file of the Verdurian grammar?

Bara en tanke, varf?r g?r du inte en pdf-fil av den verdurienska grammatiken?
Image CERVENIAN
Image JELSH
Miekko wrote:protip: no one wants to learn your conlangs. if they claim different, it's just to be friendly. this is true for all conlangers.

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

Probably because a) there's already a HTML version and b) that version is far easier to update than a pdf would be.
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

chris_notts
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by chris_notts »

Dewrad wrote:Probably because a) there's already a HTML version and b) that version is far easier to update than a pdf would be.
Couldn't you just load the HTML version into Open Office then Save as PDF? THat way you'd have a (slightly screwed up, since Open Office often makes mistakes in PDFs) copy without much extra work.
Try the online version of the HaSC sound change applier: http://chrisdb.dyndns-at-home.com/HaSC

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

whats the point, though? pdf files are mostly for ease of printing and to prevent tampering. neither of those is a major concern, i think.
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Paladin
Niš
Niš

Post by Paladin »

The first is... some people can't read that much on-line :)

butsuri
Lebom
Lebom

Post by butsuri »

Also, you can be a lot more confident that people can see your exotic characters (diacritics, IPA) than with HTML.

Kuh-five
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Kuh-five »

I would be interested in a Verdurian PDF. When there is something about a language in HTML I bookmark it, and then it gets lost in the shuffle on my bookmarks folder (350+ web sites), even though there is a folder set apart for languages. A PDF file would allow me to save it and find it easily.
[quote="Downtimer"]I was "let go" (canned, but no one said it straight out) from a daycare center because I was too affectionate with the kids (that's just how I am, I'm not a molester or anything)[/quote]

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Feijuada wrote:I would be interested in a Verdurian PDF. When there is something about a language in HTML I bookmark it, and then it gets lost in the shuffle on my bookmarks folder (350+ web sites), even though there is a folder set apart for languages. A PDF file would allow me to save it and find it easily.
...and you can't save a HTML page why?
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Aszev
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Aszev »

Darth Drydic wrote:
Feijuada wrote:I would be interested in a Verdurian PDF. When there is something about a language in HTML I bookmark it, and then it gets lost in the shuffle on my bookmarks folder (350+ web sites), even though there is a folder set apart for languages. A PDF file would allow me to save it and find it easily.
A pdf is easier to handle than a bunch of html pages.
Image CERVENIAN
Image JELSH
Miekko wrote:protip: no one wants to learn your conlangs. if they claim different, it's just to be friendly. this is true for all conlangers.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

It would be nice if Mark could publish Verdurian as a book!

Maybe some time after Babblers, and that SF novel . . .

Kuh-five
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Kuh-five »

Aszev wrote:
Darth Drydic wrote:
A pdf is easier to handle than a bunch of html pages.
Exactly corectemundo.
[quote="Downtimer"]I was "let go" (canned, but no one said it straight out) from a daycare center because I was too affectionate with the kids (that's just how I am, I'm not a molester or anything)[/quote]

valinta
Sanci
Sanci

Post by valinta »

chris_notts wrote:Couldn't you just load the HTML version into Open Office then Save as PDF? THat way you'd have a (slightly screwed up, since Open Office often makes mistakes in PDFs) copy without much extra work.
Or you could do it in any Mac OS program, and have one that isn't screwed up at all :mrgreen: