Almean Speakers

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Lleu
Lebom
Lebom

Almean Speakers

Post by Lleu »

How many people here actually speak an Almean language? There seem to be a number of people who speak Verdurian, and I'm curious to see about others.
agus tha mo chluasan eòlach air a’ mhac-talla fhathast / às dèidh dhomh dùsgadh
(mona nicleòid wagner, “fo shneachd”)

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Re: Almean Speakers

Post by Dewrad »

Arunas wrote:How many people here actually speak an Almean language? There seem to be a number of people who speak Verdurian, and I'm curious to see about others.
I know a little Verdurian. Enough to construct reasonable sentences in it with the aid of a dictionary and to make sense of Neek's posts, but little beyond that. I've also essayed a couple of lines in Kebreni before now.
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

I feel I've a fairly competent grasp on Verdurian, enough to have a journal in the language, though. I'm working on getting better on remembering the words...

Rory
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Rory »

I used to have a very basic grasp of Elkarîl, but I've lost it all now.
The man of science is perceiving and endowed with vision whereas he who is ignorant and neglectful of this development is blind. The investigating mind is attentive, alive; the mind callous and indifferent is deaf and dead. - 'Abdu'l-Bahá

Lleu
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lleu »

Anyone speak Cadhinor or Cuêzi?

Piero
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Piero »

Arunas wrote:How many people here actually speak an Almean language? There seem to be a number of people who speak Verdurian, and I'm curious to see about others.
Cro Magnon wrote:I think I saw 55 million somewhere, but I'm sure most of them are in Almea. The number on Earth would be quite a bit less. I'm not sure how accurate the board membership would be. There are probably a lot of people who frequent the other forums without being that interested in Verduria.
If you think that pride is about nationality, you're wrong

Lleu
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Lleu »

Piero wrote:
:roll:

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

I think it's a shorter way of saying "we don't know." :P

Not a lot these days, anyway.

Mugdokker
Niš
Niš

Post by Mugdokker »

I've just scanned over some Almea websites.

...Whoa! What a corpus!! I don't know where to start. This conworld is as impressive as it is overwhelming. Have any two people ever attempted a non-trivial real-time conversation in one of these languages?