Almean and Terran years

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
con quesa
Lebom
Lebom

Almean and Terran years

Post by con quesa »

Reading through the historical atlas, it occured to me that languages and empires seem to change relatively slowly compared with the amount of years given for their existance. Cadhinas was founded around 0 Z.E. (by definition) and there there was still an Cadhinor-speaking emperor 2800 years later. Exactly how much time is an almean year, in terms of our years? I know one almean year == 328 almean days, but how long is an almean day?
con quesa- firm believer in the right of Spanish cheese to be female if she so chooses

"There's nothing inherently different between knowing who Venusaur is and knowing who Lady Macbeth is" -Xephyr

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Well, Rome was founded in 753 BC and the Eastern Roman Empire existed till over 2200 years later.

Note that classical Cadhinor, the variety immortalized by the redoutable Shm Revouse, dates to the 1600s. By 2800 (indeed, a few centuries earlier) the spoken language was definitely Old Verdurian.

IIRC an Almean day is about half an hour longer than ours, so the Almean year is about 335 Earth days long.

Nuntar
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Nuntar »

zompist wrote:IIRC an Almean day is about half an hour longer than ours, so the Almean year is about 335 Earth days long.
A more useful way to put it, since it gives you a figure you can just type into a calculator, is 1 Almean year ~ 0.92 Earth years.
[quote="Amaya"]Every now and then, the world tries to say something. I'm never quite sure whether or not to listen to it at times like that.[/quote]

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

Nuntar wrote:
zompist wrote:IIRC an Almean day is about half an hour longer than ours, so the Almean year is about 335 Earth days long.
A more useful way to put it, since it gives you a figure you can just type into a calculator, is 1 Almean year ~ 0.92 Earth years.
Ah, but how many Almean days in an Almean year?

ghur
Sanci
Sanci

Post by ghur »

Mornche Geddick wrote:
Nuntar wrote:
Ah, but how many Almean days in an Almean year?
Read the first post again.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

Oops. That was careless of me.