Xurnese writing

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
valinta
Sanci
Sanci

Xurnese writing

Post by valinta »

I'm looking over the Xurnese page, and some questions come to mind about the writing system.

It's mentioned that Axunašin used 770 logograms in addition to the syllabary. Does Xurnese also use all of these logograms? I'd really like to try writing in Xurnese, but the logogram thing and the conservative spelling are making that look unlikely... very interesting though.

Also, I was wondering how the native word for Xurnese written on the top of the Xurnese grammar page breaks down.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Yes, Xurnese still uses the logograms. Someday I should work out the whole list...

The word at the top of the grammar is <tu-ra'l-ši>, pronounced Corauši. All three graphs are syllabic (though the first was also logographic in Wede:i, with the meaning 'crossroads').[/b]

Serali
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Serali »

zompist wrote:Someday I should work out the whole list...
....I'll be waiting. :mrgreen: Also I really adore the handwritten version would like to see samples in it if possible. Do the Xurnese do calligraphy?

They should if they don't.

[quote="Zereskaoate"]I am, however a slave to the boingies. [img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Wapo_Gipo_Frogs88/Boingies/th_thsau222jpg-2.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Wapo_Gipo_Frogs88/th_1-1.gif[/img]

캉탁
Lebom
Lebom

Post by 캉탁 »

Serali wrote:
zompist wrote:Someday I should work out the whole list...
....I'll be waiting. :mrgreen: Also I really adore the handwritten version would like to see samples in it if possible. Do the Xurnese do calligraphy?

Almea is now sanctified.

Aora, almea es santi.

BGMan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by BGMan »

Serali wrote:....I'll be waiting. :mrgreen: Also I really adore the handwritten version would like to see samples in it if possible. Do the Xurnese do calligraphy?

Well, you know, being a very artistic people... :wink:

Unfortunately, it appears that Zomp doesn't have ready access to a Japanese or Chinese calligraphic brush, and had to use a Sharpie to write the syllabary...