Questions on the Languages of Almea and other stuff

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

vlaran of verduria wrote:I'm hugely confused. Tombwe, Utyain, Belesao, Treng, Yamda, Nanese, Aldovian, Mei, Fei, Karimian, Demoshi,
Old T?uro, Old Skourene+, Ečendi,
Moun?un, Yewor?in, Tanneli?in, Ran?in, Bosan?ur, Caizu and Curiyan dont have a wordlist. They certainly shouldnt be put in the catagory of
OLD JEORI And contact me if u c a grammar of TEOSHI lying around nywhere
They don't have wordlist on zompist.com. At least not directly; for some of them you could make a wordlist by checking the etymological portions of the Verdurian and Flaidish dictionaries.

con quesa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by con quesa »

I can't seem to reach the site, (in Opera- in IE clicking on the link makes the program not respond and close). Is this me, or is there a problem on Zomp's end?
con quesa- firm believer in the right of Spanish cheese to be female if she so chooses

"There's nothing inherently different between knowing who Venusaur is and knowing who Lady Macbeth is" -Xephyr

Soap
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Soap »

con quesa wrote:I can't seem to reach the site, (in Opera- in IE clicking on the link makes the program not respond and close). Is this me, or is there a problem on Zomp's end?
All of zompist.com seems to be down now. The page should be back up when the rest of the site is.
Sunàqʷa the Sea Lamprey says:

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

When I tried it about 20 minutes after Mercs post, it worked fine...
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

vlaran of verduria wrote:And contact me if u c a grammar of TEOSHI lying around nywhere
Someone please tell me as well, when it shows up...
Image Image

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Have you made any languages not from Erel?e? Like from a completely different continent?

Ghost
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ghost »

finlay wrote:Have you made any languages not from Erel?e? Like from a completely different continent?
I think Mark said a while ago that he was concentrating on one continent at a time. And to be honest, I'd rather he stuck with Erel?e for a while. There's still lots of Erel?ean langs Mark has yet to do.

Ghost :roll:
[url=http://www.emalaith.com/census.html]ZBB Census 2006[/url]

con quesa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by con quesa »

And to be honest, I'd rather he stuck with Erel?e for a while.
That's all well and good, but I'd personally like to see some of the lanugages from Arcel more than some of the ones from Erel?e.
con quesa- firm believer in the right of Spanish cheese to be female if she so chooses

"There's nothing inherently different between knowing who Venusaur is and knowing who Lady Macbeth is" -Xephyr

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

con quesa wrote:
And to be honest, I'd rather he stuck with Erel?e for a while.
That's all well and good, but I'd personally like to see some of the lanugages from Arcel more than some of the ones from Erel?e.
As long as he uploads the Axunaic material within the next 5 years, I'll be happy.
Image Image

CountJordan
Niš
Niš

Post by CountJordan »

I was thinking alittle sooner than that Shm..
CountJordan,
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/hero/ethala/ambarnic1.html]Ambarnic- watch a language grow[/url]
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

CountJordan wrote:I was thinking alittle sooner than that Shm..
Who are you talking to? None of our named ?riftomi have posted.

I really don't want to wait 5 years for the Axunaic langs either, but Mark'll only be ready when he's ready. And he's said he isn't ready. I believe he said that there was just something missing, but he couldn't figure out what.
Good luck on finding the missing thing, whatever it(he/she/that/this/that yonder) is
Image Image

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Progress report

Post by zompist »

I do appreciate the interest... I also find, however, that my standards keep going up. The version of Axunashin that I worked out almost ten years ago seems insufficient today.

I've been working on the description of Meshaism, which has involved quite a lot of new Axunashin vocabulary. I've also just made a tweak to the transliteration that makes it a good deal more robust but will require re-deriving some paradigms from Eastern. I'm also in the middle of revamping the case system. (The Eastern grammar mentions the old idea that nom/acc were reinterpreted as topic/comment; I decided that this really didn't work and was incompatible with the Wede:i substratum.)

The new religious material will also eventually provide a good sample or two, which in turn will help nail down the syntax.

Anyway, I feel fairly confident that I can meet Drydic_guy's deadline for happiness!

vlaran of verduria
Sanci
Sanci

Post by vlaran of verduria »

Damn it! The last time my computer broke down, the wedei family, elkaril writing and jeerio were done. now theres nothing new.