Elkar?l writing

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
vec
Avisaru
Avisaru

Elkar?l writing

Post by vec »

I was just checking this out, and woah. I really liked it. It reminds me of my own conlang's writing, Lomanin, which is based on rings and consonants put on top of them and under them, then the vowels connect the rings. I'll post i later. But were did you get the insparation? Or did you perhaps just think of this all by yourself, huh, Zompist?
vec

DF
Sanci
Sanci

Post by DF »

It's slightly based on Korean, IIRC.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

DarkFantasy wrote:It's slightly based on Korean, IIRC.
Only in that it's largely featural. Graphically, it also owes something to Mayan glyphs.

The way it works is not based on any other writing system, though after it was done a correspondent reminded me of another method for displaying information using faces which I'd heard of before and undoubtedly retained.

Allie
Niš
Niš

Post by Allie »

I really like the Elkaril writing system. I had not looked at it until now. It seems very original.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

I once made this code-type script with faces, bodies, legs and feet, and different equivalent forms for each. But it was a binary system based on the order of our alphabet, so not exactly related in any featural way really....