Elkar?l emoticons

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

pharazon wrote:One question: how is the ng- prefix ("foreign, non-elcarin") represented in the writing? It's not mentioned on Mark's writing page.
Ah, forgot that. It's represented by changing the face to a human one. I'll draw an example sometime, but to the elcari, human faces look taller and the noses narrower.

By the way, I tried entering "on" and "bung" into your translator, and in both cases it wanted to interpret the n as an infix. This is impossible for "on". I suppose it's possible for "bung"; perhaps you could have a convention for entering ng as opposed to n+g. Perhaps require that n+g is entered as n'g, as in the lexicon?

DF
Sanci
Sanci

Post by DF »

Great Job, Dudicon! Ggum Bing! <ll(:-(|} {l|:-||< (Edit: I checked it on Pharazon's program and I actually got it right! wooo!)

By the way, Pharazon, your translator is translating emoticon>romanization fine, but I can't get it to go the other way :-\

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Could someone check my sig to see if it makes sense? I have a feeling I have too many ( and ) .

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

Here is my revised sig.