"Female" ewemi

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Brel
Lebom
Lebom

"Female" ewemi

Post by Brel »

Almean Belief Systems: Me?aism wrote:Those dissatisfied with their ji?eigu were as likely to be women as ewemi.
Why? After all, in the very same section, Zompist points out that being an ewez would give a (biological) woman greater status in society.
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

I suppose they musn't like cooking and weaving.
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: "Female" ewemi

Post by zompist »

Euskera wrote:
Almean Belief Systems: Me?aism wrote:Those dissatisfied with their ji?eigu were as likely to be women as ewemi.
Why? After all, in the very same section, Zompist points out that being an ewez would give a (biological) woman greater status in society.
I mean 'women classified as women'. :) That is, biological men were rarely unhappy to be classified as gumei rather than ewemi. Biological women could however be unhappy to be classified as zimi.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

zompist wrote:
Euskera wrote:
I mean 'women classified as women'. :) That is, biological men were rarely unhappy to be classified as gumei rather than ewemi. Biological women could however be unhappy to be classified as zimi.
Whoops! My eyes always missed the first "as" in the sentence, so it looked like "those dissatisfied with their ji?eigu were likely to be women as ewemi". Which begs the question, why were ewemi unhappy? Were they ridiculed?
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Euskera wrote:Which begs the question, why were ewemi unhappy? Were they ridiculed?
'Raises' the question, that should be. 'Begging the question' is a rhetorical fallacy (assuming what you're trying to prove); it's such a useful term that it's worth trying to preserve.

Most Axunemi were content enough with their ji?eigu-- as much as anyone is ever content with being born in the nation and class and sex they are.

Ewemi might be dissatisfied because they wanted to have children openly, or because they weren't attracted to other ewemi, or because they preferred careers that would be more open to the other genders.

They were ridiculed only in the sense that genders always ridicule each other. Men and women tell jokes about each other, after all-- sometimes in a spirit of fun, sometimes not. There was more of this in a three-gender system, because the possibilities were richer.

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

zompist wrote:'Raises' the question, that should be. 'Begging the question' is a rhetorical fallacy (assuming what you're trying to prove); it's such a useful term that it's worth trying to preserve.
this is exactly the reason i've switched to simply calling circular arguments "circular," rather than use that hyper-extended phrase.
They were ridiculed only in the sense that genders always ridicule each other. Men and women tell jokes about each other, after all-- sometimes in a spirit of fun, sometimes not. There was more of this in a three-gender system, because the possibilities were richer.
what do you call an ewemi who leaves the toilet seat up?
a bisexual.

how many ewemi does it take to replace a light bulb?
two. one to ask a man to do it, and one to ask a woman if it clashes with the color scheme.

damn, this is harder than i thought. :(
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

And then there?s the concept of ascii art of a dulis. :mrgreen:

You can tell an ewez used your bathroom because the toilet seat is halfway up.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

zompist wrote:'Raises' the question, that should be. 'Begging the question' is a rhetorical fallacy (assuming what you're trying to prove); it's such a useful term that it's worth trying to preserve.
I knew there was some other phrase I should have used, but I couldn't remember it at the time.
zompist wrote:They were ridiculed only in the sense that genders always ridicule each other. Men and women tell jokes about each other, after all-- sometimes in a spirit of fun, sometimes not. There was more of this in a three-gender system, because the possibilities were richer.
Indeed, one of the first things I thought when I read about the ewemi was that they could be the butt of a great many jokes, as this thread is starting to show. :P :wink:

zmeiat_joro
Sanci
Sanci

Post by zmeiat_joro »

brandrinn wrote: what do you call an ewemi who leaves the toilet seat up?
a bisexual.
I don't completely get it, but I imagine this is my fault and it would ruin it to explain.
<WurdBendur> Nae, why are you trying to sterilize maggot eggs?