Almean Races

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Almean Races

Post by Xephyr »

I was thinking: Earth, of course, doesn't have multiple sentient species; but is does have its multiple races. All the images of uesti I've seen are roughly white-ish, but are there other 'colors', or perhaps different distinctions than we have? If there are, have there been any historical oppression against some? Has Zomp devised any evolutionary reason for any differences? What about differences in skull-shape, etc.?
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

Iscun
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Iscun »

I would say that Verdurians remind me more of Brazilians than Europeans.

As far as I know, Verdurians have a kind of Hispanic hue, while the Xurnese and people from Skouras are more European-looking (as they have blonde hair). The Dhekhnami have a more light tan color (like Italians), and the T?llinorians have a "ruddy complexion."

As for non-Erel?eans, I recall the Uytaians having an unearlthy olive skin color, and are well-known for their shimmering, straight black hair.

EDIT: Also, Nan people have black skin, like Africans
Last edited by Iscun on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Iscun is pretty accurate in his recollection; for details see the "Colors" section of the Thematic Dictionary (thematic.htm).

I'd add that I've tried to draw Verdurians with a slightly Asian look to them. I've tried to draw other races, but this turns out to be rather difficult. It's not easy to invent slight variations in appearance that don't look simply like faults of the drawing.

There's not much race prejudice-- Almeans are much more likely to dislike each other for religious or cultural reasons.

Iscun
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Iscun »

These racial differences among Uesti make me wonder how many Elkar or Iliu races there are, and how different they look from the ones in Eastern Erel?e.