Cursive Script

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Gond
Sanci
Sanci

Cursive Script

Post by Gond »

I noted, while looking at cursive script that in the sentence:
Ďitel?n mu cum p?n veaďen er m?san so Sannam.
The a's appear a lot of times with their final form while they are medial, so, why to do that? Just for being prettier? Or is this because people have different handwritting ways? I already tried to write it myself and it is a bit different, as I'm trying to follow the diagram....
Non omne id quod fulget aurum est.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Basically, you use the medial forms when you're going to connect to the next letter; but you can choose not to do so for aesthetic reasons. If you look closely at the text, you'll notice final forms for ? and N used this way too.

If you were (say) taking notes at your University of Verduria lectures, aesthetics would matter less than speed, so you'd probably use the medial forms more.

Gond
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Gond »

Oh, ok.

I was refering to final form a's, but I think I understood. That would be something fun, to be in the University of Verduria taking notes. :P
Non omne id quod fulget aurum est.

Serali
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Serali »

I like the cursive script for the Verdurian writing system. In that particular sample it looks like Arabic calligraphy.

[quote="Zereskaoate"]I am, however a slave to the boingies. [img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Wapo_Gipo_Frogs88/Boingies/th_thsau222jpg-2.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Wapo_Gipo_Frogs88/th_1-1.gif[/img]