So... who're ewemi?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.

Your Axunemi gender

Gume
9%
Zim
1%
Ewez
90%

Total votes: 79

Leo
Niš
Niš

Post by Leo »

I selected ewez in the pool list but I would be very unhappy to be enclosed in a rigid social box of the Axunemi society. The gume part in me would defy the gume masters. But I guess ewez women would fascinate me, while zimi would be just -- well, zimi... Now that I think of it, I would be a rebel ewez trying to build an ewez society, where the ewemi do have weapons and noone's gonna try to enforce their gender extremism. Does it make sense? Is there such a hero in the Axunemi history?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Kinetiq wrote:I selected ewez in the pool list but I would be very unhappy to be enclosed in a rigid social box of the Axunemi society. The gume part in me would defy the gume masters. But I guess ewez women would fascinate me, while zimi would be just -- well, zimi... Now that I think of it, I would be a rebel ewez trying to build an ewez society, where the ewemi do have weapons and noone's gonna try to enforce their gender extremism. Does it make sense? Is there such a hero in the Axunemi history?
Toward the end of the Axunemi period, the old gender roles were increasingly irrelevant to society and the mechanisms of power. To see how it turned out, however, you'll have to wait for the material on Xurno. :)

saizai
Niš
Niš

Post by saizai »

I'm eccentrically androgyne bio-male by most standards (I sew, do martial arts, like music, like camping, ...) and am almost always attracted to people who are androgynous in the same way (i.e. neither particularly macho, feminine, nor particularly deliberately-confusing).

So ya, chalk up another 'ew!'. :mrgreen:

Raphael
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Raphael »

I'm a bit surprised that there's absolutely no vote for zim so far. I know a good deal of girls and women in real life who have some "geeky" or "intellectual" interests but who, aside from that, are into traditionally "female" stuff, too. So I would have thought that at least some of the female members here are like that, too. Or did the women who fit that description all count themselves as ewemi?
did you send enough shit to guarantee victory?

Leo
Niš
Niš

Post by Leo »

Raphael wrote:I'm a bit surprised that there's absolutely no vote for zim so far.
Hmmmaybe zimi don't like voting...? :)

Leo
Niš
Niš

Post by Leo »

zompist wrote:Toward the end of the Axunemi period, the old gender roles were increasingly irrelevant to society and the mechanisms of power. To see how it turned out, however, you'll have to wait for the material on Xurno. :)
I'm still almost illiterate about Verduria (man, that's gigabytes to read...), but there seems to have been an invasion taking place that helped accelerate the changes, or maybe brought everything back to prehistory? Is there a trailer available for the first Xurno season? :)

Edit: I found something in the historical atlas...

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Re: So... who're ewemi?

Post by finlay »

zompist wrote:Hmm, just for fun, I'll use the polling option.
You're just showing off! :P

Kathara Sophia
Niš
Niš

Post by Kathara Sophia »

Raphael wrote:I'm a bit surprised that there's absolutely no vote for zim so far. I know a good deal of girls and women in real life who have some "geeky" or "intellectual" interests but who, aside from that, are into traditionally "female" stuff, too. So I would have thought that at least some of the female members here are like that, too. Or did the women who fit that description all count themselves as ewemi?
Well, sometimes I am scarily zim, other times i am solidly ewemi, so Shinali is ewemi and Sophia is zim. Happy? :P
<tt>[url=http://shinali.coconia.net/sophprov.txt][img]http://tinyurl.com/zvlad/sp5op.png[/img]Click for translation.[/url]
[quote="Mitch Hedberg"]<tt>I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.</tt>[/quote]</tt>

aardwolf
Sanci
Sanci

Post by aardwolf »

Kathara Sophia wrote:
Raphael wrote:I'm a bit surprised that there's absolutely no vote for zim so far. I know a good deal of girls and women in real life who have some "geeky" or "intellectual" interests but who, aside from that, are into traditionally "female" stuff, too. So I would have thought that at least some of the female members here are like that, too. Or did the women who fit that description all count themselves as ewemi?
Well, sometimes I am scarily zim, other times i am solidly ewemi, so Shinali is ewemi and Sophia is zim. Happy? :P
Madness!

Penelope
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Penelope »

Well of course I'd be an a ewez - I was a geek and medium-tomboyish from day one. (Honestly, I suspect I'd have been quite a bit happier as a kid if identifying as a giwez really had been an option; being expected to act like a girl was a major source of frustration, enough so that I insisted I'd rather be a boy up till about age eleven.)

So, yeah, ewez, and attracted almost exclusively to male ewemi.

Madrigal
Niš
Niš

Post by Madrigal »

I guess I'd be somewhere between zim and ewez... depends on my mood, and what's going on, although I'm unmistakeably female. I voted with ewez. I'm interested in male ewemi.
[quote="bricka"]And, as usual, Madrigal seems to be talking the most sense...[/quote]
[quote="kodé"]Madrigal is a skank. A skank with standards.[/quote]

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

Cool thread. I got a big fat :mrgreen: on my face when I saw it.

Everyone here knows I'm an ewez of the purest degree. Hell, I even have it as my second account (which I almost never use). Not only do I have a strong masculine side, my physical appearance is also quite androgynous (broad shoulders, small breasts, strong jawline and cheekbones, cold look). In a picture at least, if I dressed in a masculine fashion you really couldn't tell I was female. I've been repeatedly mistaken for the opposite sex, and once asked point blank whether I was male or female... and I'm proud of this. I was considering dressing up ewez-ish and posting pictures, actually, but I have since cut my hair :|

Actually zomp, ever since first reading about the ewemi I have greatly wished we had a similar function in our society. It would have helped me greatly, and some of my friends even more.

As for attraction, I like androgyny, nerdiness, etc., physical to a fair degree but mental even more, in others I associate with. My friends are as outspoken about gender as I am. So I'd say I'm an ewez who likes ewemi, preferably female ones.
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

NTiOzymandias
Niš
Niš

Post by NTiOzymandias »

I've made my vote. Guess which it was.

People who meet me in real life generally assume I'm asexual, and I've been mistaken for a girl more than a few times (even when I hadn't shaved in a week). Blargh.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

NTiOzymandias wrote:I've made my vote. Guess which it was.

People who meet me in real life generally assume I'm asexual, and I've been mistaken for a girl more than a few times (even when I hadn't shaved in a week). Blargh.
I honestly guffawed upon reading this. But ewez is not just how others see you, but how you see yourself. Do you think that you're one, not based on others' opinions?
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

NTiOzymandias
Niš
Niš

Post by NTiOzymandias »

Brel wrote:I honestly guffawed upon reading this. But ewez is not just how others see you, but how you see yourself.
Oh, I know. I just wanted to give the point some punch. :P

I haven't really rationalized my "ewimotude".... it's just intuitive, really, that I'd fall under there. So I can't explain my decision very well but I -can- demonstrate to some small degree how well I'd fit in. ;)

IrkenHobbit
Niš
Niš

Post by IrkenHobbit »

Madrigal wrote:
I guess I'd be somewhere between zim and ewez... depends on my mood, and what's going on, although I'm unmistakeably female. I voted with ewez. I'm interested in male ewemi.
Same here. Never been very 'girly' and still have never had a boyfriend :| whatever. I do like sewing though and no children would be a blow, but mentally I would have to say ewemi.

Klaivas
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Klaivas »

I'm a transexual.

Don't sig-quote :roll:

Edit: For future clarification: I'm gay, not transexual :P
Last edited by Klaivas on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Brel »

NTiOzymandias wrote:Oh, I know. I just wanted to give the point some punch. :P
I guess it was the "other people think I'm asexual" part that got me to laughing, because you so obviously aren't.
NTiOzymandias wrote:I haven't really rationalized my "ewimotude".... it's just intuitive, really, that I'd fall under there. So I can't explain my decision very well but I -can- demonstrate to some small degree how well I'd fit in. ;)
Fair enough. I have a hard time explaining my masculine side; it's just something that "is" and is difficult to put into words, but can certainly be revealed through my actions.
Klaivas wrote:I'm a transexual.
Really? If you don't mind me asking, are you MtF or FtM?

Klaivas
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Klaivas »

I'm not really a transexual :?

I should have said "transgender" to make it more appropriate to this thread.

NTiOzymandias
Niš
Niš

Post by NTiOzymandias »

Brel wrote:
NTiOzymandias wrote:Oh, I know. I just wanted to give the point some punch. :P
I guess it was the "other people think I'm asexual" part that got me to laughing, because you so obviously aren't.
I know! :evil: :roll:

Darksoul
Niš
Niš

Post by Darksoul »

Ewez. Attracted to female ewemi.

However, my ewezitude (someone tell me the right word for that please.) is largely focused on male-type pursuits: I play fighting-based computer games, and that sort of thing.
[quote="Salmoneus"]I never use words.[/quote]

Leo
Niš
Niš

Post by Leo »

Darksoul wrote:ewezitude (someone tell me the right word for that please.)
NTiOzymandias used ewimotude, from the adjective ewimo.

To dive even deeper into the conworld we maybe can use the suffix -is and form ewimis or ewimois - I really don't know.

Imralu
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Imralu »

Space Dracula wrote:Assuming a gume is masculine, I'd be that physically--I'm stocky, reasonably strong for not working out, and very hairy--but an ewez mentally. I tend not to consider myself to be manly at all.
Ditto - I don't think I'm feminine or androgynous, physically - although I'm fairly thin, I'm tall and hairy. Mentally though, I'm an ewez, I'm sensitive and bookish - and ditto in particular for the last line you wrote... owch - self-esteem.

Attracted physically attracted to "über-gumei"... but I'd like him to be an intellectual too... so, an ewemo übergume. Obviously nobody like that exists...

...existential angst...

MY MUSIC

Mael_Duin
Niš
Niš

Post by Mael_Duin »

[]
Last edited by Mael_Duin on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

con quesa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by con quesa »

I imagine I would be an ewez. I'm not a traditionally masculine Axunai, and I"m not female.
con quesa- firm believer in the right of Spanish cheese to be female if she so chooses

"There's nothing inherently different between knowing who Venusaur is and knowing who Lady Macbeth is" -Xephyr