Play it again

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Play it again

Post by hwhatting »

Your new Verduria city map got me to have a look at the Verdurian neighbourhoods again, and I stumbled across this in the description of Scafiora:
Some slightly more upscale establishments lie on the nearby Prosia Atučii Flavei (Yellow Rascal Street), including the Libidinous Lion and Rick's Café Américain.

This looks like a left-over from RPG beginnings of Verduria. Is there an interdimensional travel story behind it or does this just mean "Beer & Wine Bar" in a yet undescribed language?

As we're at it, is there a drink called "jinantonix" in any of the Almean languages? :wink:

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Those places do date back to the very first map of Verduria, unfortunately lost. There's no more information on them, because the adventurers never went there... they went to Fred's Bar instead. (That is, the Corona.)

Glenn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Glenn »

I discovered Rick's Café Américain in Verduria the first time I read through Mark's site, years ago; while Almea is certainly the product of serious (and impressive) worldbuilding, I enjoy the little humorous touches as well. :wink:

Incidentally, I have been following the other recent additions to the Almeopedia with interest, especially the glimpses of Téllinor and its languages (in addition to the linguistic tidbits, I was struck by the territorial extent of the Ur-Kagöt and Western familes.)
Keep up the good work!

p@,
Glenn