Almean heights. . .

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.

Almean heights. . .

Post by Guest »

I guess it becomes apparent how much Tolkien I've read, when I start talking about relative heights. . .

Well, we know that elcari are smaller than uesti, and flaids are bigger, and illi are bigger still, but are Almean uesti on average shorter, taller or the same size to the Terrestrial equivalent (I don't necessarily want exact measurements. . .)?

There is difference among ethnic groups, as well, aren't there? As I recall, southerners are taller than plain-dwellers, for example.

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Whoops, sorry, forgot to log in. That was me.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Almean and terrestrial humans are within each other's range of height variation. In practice, that means that things like nutrition are more important than the planetary difference. Verdurians on the whole would be shorter than Americans, because they're not as well fed.

Shm Jay
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Shm Jay »

They?d also be thinner than most Americans :roll: Please have the person who tries to invent fast food be a wizard, who then finds his spell makes him suddenly grow fatter and fatter until he finally explodes in public :!: and be such an awful warning that it puts everyone off the idea :mrgreen:

hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Post by hwhatting »

Shm Jay wrote:They’d also be thinner than most Americans :roll:
Except when they're nobles...

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

Reminds of Monty Python and the Meaning of Life. The Paper Thin Mint.

Post by Guest »

Yes, that?s the idea... :D