Verdurian more popular than Ilkorin!

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Rory
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Rory »

And what's that meant to mean, Mr Transformers Geek?
The man of science is perceiving and endowed with vision whereas he who is ignorant and neglectful of this development is blind. The investigating mind is attentive, alive; the mind callous and indifferent is deaf and dead. - 'Abdu'l-Bahá

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Rory wrote:And what's that meant to mean, Mr Transformers Geek?
The idea of a signed first edition Babblers.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Rory
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Rory »

Are you saying you like the idea, or are you rolling your eyes at it?

/me doesn't understand people
The man of science is perceiving and endowed with vision whereas he who is ignorant and neglectful of this development is blind. The investigating mind is attentive, alive; the mind callous and indifferent is deaf and dead. - 'Abdu'l-Bahá

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

The idea is so joy-inspiring that I lost control of my eyeball muscles, and started spazzing out.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Jaaaaaa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jaaaaaa »

Rory wrote:/me doesn't understand people
Join the club, dude :mrgreen:

xirion
Niš
Niš

Post by xirion »

do you guys know of any sites where i can get MORE information on Babblers.

also, i'd vote to open the option to allow BEGGING for signed first editions for us, (yes, me too :D PLEASE!!!).

looking forward to it.

G o _ V e r d u r i a n ! ! w o 0 t !

BLASHPHEMY!!! Speedtalk outranks Verdurian. how full of S*** **** *** ****ING ***** *** BASTARDS!

Blackhand
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Blackhand »

xirion wrote:do you guys know of any sites where i can get MORE information on Babblers.

also, i'd vote to open the option to allow BEGGING for signed first editions for us, (yes, me too :D PLEASE!!!).

looking forward to it.

G o _ V e r d u r i a n ! ! w o 0 t !

BLASHPHEMY!!! Speedtalk outranks Verdurian. how full of S*** **** *** ****ING ***** *** BASTARDS!
No sites have info on Babblers besides Zompist.com. At least I hope not.
[quote]<Maknas> Run around the Arizona desert with a gun and claim you're fighting Al-Qaeda, that'll definitely make you known.[/quote]

vohpenonomae
N'guny
N'guny

Post by vohpenonomae »

xirion wrote:do you guys know of any sites where i can get MORE information on Babblers.
I've been allowed to read part of the book; what I've seen, I've liked. I suggested to Mark that he submit it to Patrick Nielsen Hayden at Tor; he'd be more likely than anyone else in the fantasy genre to take it seriously.
"On that island lies the flesh and bone of the Great Charging Bear, for as long as the grass grows and water runs," he said. "Where his spirit dwells, no one can say."

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

jsburke wrote:
I've been allowed to read part of the book; what I've seen, I've liked. I suggested to Mark that he submit it to Patrick Nielsen Hayden at Tor; he'd be more likely than anyone else in the fantasy genre to take it seriously.
Then again, Tor is also the publishers of wheel of time... :P

:roll:

i keep thinking that harper collins (or its voyager imprint) might have a go if it does get over here - they are the publishers of LOTR after all. then again, i don't have enough knowledge of what is invovled really to know speculate what will happen... :|
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

vohpenonomae
N'guny
N'guny

Post by vohpenonomae »

Warmaster wrote:Then again, Tor is also the publishers of wheel of time... :P
Tor publishes the broadest range of SF and fantasy in the world; they publish everything from avant-garde P. K. Dick-style stuff to Conan. Patrick Nielsen Hayden is an editor with a broad taste, too; I think BABBLERS might strike his fancy.
"On that island lies the flesh and bone of the Great Charging Bear, for as long as the grass grows and water runs," he said. "Where his spirit dwells, no one can say."

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

jsburke wrote:
Tor publishes the broadest range of SF and fantasy in the world; they publish everything from avant-garde P. K. Dick-style stuff to Conan. Patrick Nielsen Hayden is an editor with a broad taste, too; I think BABBLERS might strike his fancy.
It was a joke :roll: but yeah, i see where you are coming from there.
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

vohpenonomae
N'guny
N'guny

Post by vohpenonomae »

Warmaster wrote:
jsburke wrote:
It was a joke :roll: but yeah, i see where you are coming from there.
Hehe...Tor also publishes Terry Goodkind, who is, without a doubt, the biggest, most talentless hack who ever got into print; but I don't hold that against them; on the contrary, the millions Goodkind rakes in pay for a lot of better writers.