The Great powers of Almea

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Cadeshadow
Niš
Niš

The Great powers of Almea

Post by Cadeshadow »

Who do you think they are?/ Who are they?

Myself, I'm imagining Verduria and Kebri because of the colonization and economic strength, as well as their somewhat equivalence and battling.

I also imagine Dhekhnam being a great power in the same sort of sense as a Russia, with men upon men and the land area, even if rather backwards.

After that I'm not sure if there's anything other than a sort of 'Big Three'. Uytai, Belesao and Xurno might belong on the list, but they all seem too inward focused, somewhat unable to compete with the eretald countries, and (in Uytai's case), too internally tumultuous.

Perhaps Erenat belongs on the list, having a strong economy and being on the forefront on science and technology. (But Erenat is my favorite, so my opinion there means a bit less)

WeepingElf
Smeric
Smeric

Post by WeepingElf »

Xurno is something like 19th-century Italy - a second-rank power in terms of economic and military prowess, but most sophisticated in the fine arts, and proud of that.
...brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Tha cvastam émi cvastam santham amal phelsa. -- Friedrich Schiller
ESTAR-3SG:P human-OBJ only human-OBJ true-OBJ REL-LOC play-3SG:A

Atom
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Atom »

WeepingElf wrote:Xurno is something like 19th-century Italy - a second-rank power in terms of economic and military prowess, but most sophisticated in the fine arts, and proud of that.
I don't know. Xurno has an enormous base of people in comparison to Italy. I mean look at the cities map and you'll notice that one half of Erelae's biggest cities are in Xurno. That's an enormous base to grow on, coupled with the fact that Xurno isn't far behind the other powers in terms of anything but industrialization and science. It appears to have an enormous literate base and good education, so I think that once it gets moving it will probably stay strong.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

I could see Xurno as rather like Prussia or perhaps France- industrialisation in Almea is going to start in Verduria, but once it spreads, it's Xurno that's going to be more industrialised and powerful.

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Xurno is more like China in the C16th - a large populous nation that while being "modern" in many impressive ways is also facing threatening competition from smaller, more nimbler and intellectually liberated powers.

But we shouldn't draw these things too far.
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.