More info on Munkhâshi!

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

More info on Munkhâshi!

Post by dhok »

I looked on Almeopedia, and it looks absolutely fascinating. Does that mean it's coming at any point within, oh, the next five years?

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by rotting bones »

Big mole. Classic! :mrgreen:
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Rodlox
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: More info on Munkhâshi!

Post by Rodlox »

Daquarious P. McFizzle wrote:I looked on Almeopedia, and it looks absolutely fascinating. Does that mean it's coming at any point within, oh, the next five years?
that depends - are you sponsoring research into the language?
MadBrain is a genius.

Atom
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Atom »

A very typical Eralean phonemic inventory, but the usage of consonant mutations is fascinating.

the duke of nuke
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by the duke of nuke »

I like the look of this... :D

Do I detect a WH40K reference in the example? Or is the thing that I think it's referencing itself a reference to something else?
XinuX wrote:I learned this language, but then I sneezed and now am in prison for high treason. 0/10 would not speak again.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

It bugs me to have major nations with proper names that mean nothing... and despite the LCK's advice I'm not very good at stopping at a naming language. :)

It's hard to stop though. Munkhâshi is relatively standalone, and I can work out Dhekhnami names from it... but Dhekhnami itself will probably need a lot more work done on Sarroc.

And then there's Naviu... argh.

No wonder so many s.f. writers have monocultures.

tezcatlip0ca
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by tezcatlip0ca »

I want to be like Philip Newton, to learn all the major Almean languages, including Obenzayet...
The Conlanger Formerly Known As Aiďos

Bunnycatch3r
Niš
Niš

Post by Bunnycatch3r »

Aid'os wrote:I want to be like Philip Newton, to learn all the major Almean languages, including Obenzayet...
Sometimes when I am caught with an Almean grammar I'm asked why I don't create one of my own. At one time I would respond by saying "You don't understand, this is ART. It took 30 years for this language to emerge. I couldn't create a language like this no more than I could create a Shakespearean sonnet". Now, however, I usually smile and then kick them in the balls.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

zompist wrote:It bugs me to have major nations with proper names that mean nothing... and despite the LCK's advice I'm not very good at stopping at a naming language. :)

It's hard to stop though. Munkhâshi is relatively standalone, and I can work out Dhekhnami names from it... but Dhekhnami itself will probably need a lot more work done on Sarroc.

And then there's Naviu... argh.

No wonder so many s.f. writers have monocultures.
What's wrong with Naviu?

Niedokonany
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Niedokonany »

ktit
o, ešče edьno slověnьskozvǫčajǫtje slovo
uciekajcie od światów konających