On A Genetic Connection Between Skourene and Wedei

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Ars Lande
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: On A Genetic Connection Between Skourene and Wedei

Post by Ars Lande »

Hey, thanks!

So I've got the answer to my question, I didn't get very close :)
Systematic palatization couldn't really be reconstructed with the data - but there are some mistakes I could have avoided, like the final vowels.

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

Out of interest, what way did this go? Did you intitially work backwards, creating Proto-Southern from Wede:i and then working forwards to Old Skourene, or did you have Old Skourene (or possibly a previous version thereof?) to work with as well?
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

I had Wede:i from years previously (it was the first language I put up on my site). So I created the Proto-Southern forms as I was working on Old Skourene.

I find it hard to work backwards like that, but it's kind of inevitable if you build up a world piece by piece. One reason Dhekhnami is so late is because I have to face the same process with Qarau.

(I would have had some OS roots already, but if I couldn't work out a common root I didn't worry about it much.)

vec
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vec »

In what order did they go up?
vec

So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by So Haleza Grise »

vec wrote:In what order did they go up?
I think it was Wede:i, Verdurian, Kebreni, Ismaîn, Barakhinei, (doc version of Cuêzi and and an earlier version of Cadhinor), proto-Eastern, then the native version of the Cadhinor grammar, the html version of Cuêzi, Elkarîl, Flaidish, revised and expanded Wedei, Axunašin, Old Skourene, Xurnese, Uyseʔ, Lé, Munkhâshi.
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.

vec
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vec »

That actually sounds about right – I guess I've been following since before Cadhinor was uploaded... Time flies.
vec