Hírumor

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Hírumor

Post by Nesescosac »

What's in Hírumor that makes it green?
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Arzena
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Hírumor

Post by Arzena »

Large quantities of methane in the atmosphere is my guess. Well that would be cyan, judging from our own Ouranos
A New Yorker wrote:Isn't it sort of a relief to talk about the English Premier League instead of the sad state of publishing?
Abi wrote:At this point it seems pretty apparent that PIE was simply an ancient esperanto gone awry.
Shtåså, Empotle7á, Neire Wippwo

Nesescosac
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nesescosac »

Arzena wrote:Large quantities of methane in the atmosphere is my guess. Well that would be cyan, judging from our own Ouranos
Hírumor is described on the Almeopedia as "bright green", certainly not cyan.

Also, what makes Imiri whitish-green and Vlerëi, a terrestrial planet, blue?
I did have a bizarrely similar (to the original poster's) accident about four years ago, in which I slipped over a cookie and somehow twisted my ankle so far that it broke
What kind of cookie?
Aeetlrcreejl > Kicgan Vekei > me /ne.ses.tso.sats/

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Post by Dewrad »

It's because of olocuat crivecei, one assumes.
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

BGMan
Lebom
Lebom

Post by BGMan »

Aeetlrcreejl wrote:
Arzena wrote:Large quantities of methane in the atmosphere is my guess. Well that would be cyan, judging from our own Ouranos
Hírumor is described on the Almeopedia as "bright green", certainly not cyan.
Due to light scattering, celestial objects from Earth appear shifted toward the red. Just as white stars (such as the sun) appear yellow, so blue objects appear greenish. I've seen both Uranus and Neptune described as "blue-green" and even "green" many times, especially in older literature before Voyager 2 visited.
Aeetlrcreejl wrote:Also, what makes Imiri whitish-green and Vlerëi, a terrestrial planet, blue?
Imiri would presumably be Uranus-colored, i.e., blue-white, and tinted by the atmosphere. Vlerei is, I guess, an Earthlike world replacing a Mars equivalent, like Minerva in Harry Turtledove's "A World of Difference".