A new way of advertising Almea

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
JT_the_Ninja
Sanci
Sanci

Post by JT_the_Ninja »

Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:
Space Dracula wrote:
zompist wrote:
Guest wrote:Back to the topic of this thread, someone should make some zompist.com merchandise and sell it on http://www.cafepress.com

:ch
Someone shouldn't, unless they're me.
Whoa man, that sentence is "messing" with my brain
I see what you mean...I thought Zomp was better at grammar than that.
Nothing ungrammatical bout it tho.
Of course there is. Illegal use of "they."

Jaaaaaa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jaaaaaa »

JonathanaTegire wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:
Space Dracula wrote:
zompist wrote: Someone shouldn't, unless they're me.
Whoa man, that sentence is "messing" with my brain
Meh, I don't see anything wrong with that... I've used it in the same paper as "Yea verily" :mrgreen:

JT_the_Ninja
Sanci
Sanci

Post by JT_the_Ninja »

Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:
Space Dracula wrote: Whoa man, that sentence is "messing" with my brain
Meh, I don't see anything wrong with that... I've used it in the same paper as "Yea verily" :mrgreen:
It should be, "Someone shouldn't, unless he's me."

Xeon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Xeon »

JonathanaTegire wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote: I see what you mean...I thought Zomp was better at grammar than that.
It should be, "Someone shouldn't, unless he's me."
That could be regarded as sexism.

JT_the_Ninja
Sanci
Sanci

Post by JT_the_Ninja »

Not really. Not only is Mark a he, but the general English pronoun is traditionally "he."

Xeon
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Xeon »

JonathanaTegire wrote:Not really. Not only is Mark a he, but the general English pronoun is traditionally "he."
True, at one point, it was proper to refer to a woman as 'he' or 'him' in the accusative. What English really needs is a gender-nuetral third person singular pronoun to refer to humans. There is 'xe', but no one uses it. I don't believe it's even recognised by the OED.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Xeon wrote:
JonathanaTegire wrote:Not really. Not only is Mark a he, but the general English pronoun is traditionally "he."
True, at one point, it was proper to refer to a woman as 'he' or 'him' in the accusative. What English really needs is a gender-nuetral third person singular pronoun to refer to humans. There is 'xe', but no one uses it. I don't believe it's even recognised by the OED.
We've got one: [DeI], only it happens to be homophonous with the plural. Context usually separates the two.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Tayanrai
Niš
Niš

Post by Tayanrai »

I hate to bring this up, but... :roll:

See also this. It may not seem related to the current discussion at first, but you should know the reason why I linked to that certain topic...

~Tayanrai
[url=http://www.spinnoff.com/zbb/viewtopic.php?p=127442#127442]If you want to know where I've been and what I've been doing lately, please click this.[/url]

Jaaaaaa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jaaaaaa »

Xeon wrote:
Not to mention it's etymologically blegh...

Mecislau
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mecislau »

Jaaaaaa wrote:
Xeon wrote:
What's "xe"?

Jaaaaaa
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Jaaaaaa »

Maknas wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
Xeon wrote:
What's "xe"?
Nobody knows about it either.

Mecislau
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mecislau »

Jaaaaaa wrote:
Maknas wrote:
Jaaaaaa wrote:
Xeon wrote:
What's "xe"?
Nobody knows about it either.
I thought it was something like "nth", where you replace the "x" with another sound... (eg, xe > he, she, ... me?)