Almean prehistory

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Almean prehistory

Post by dhok »

Zomp, have you given any thought to continental drift, paleontology, or anything of that nature on Almea? I'd love to see a geologic historic atlas of the planet.

Mashmakhan
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Almean prehistory

Post by Mashmakhan »

He did describe the evolution of sophont species on Almea in the Virtual Verduria, and I think there is a history of the use of metals on Almea somewhere that surely predates written history as well. Then there is ethnographical information in the Almeopedia that describes some pre-literate cultures.

I am rather curious about this topic myself, actually.

vec
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vec »

If you read the Historical Atlas, the origin of the Thinking Kinds is not known. It doesn't seem like any important archaeological/paleontological discoveries have been made. I'm assuming you're asking about Jurassic-type stuff. I don't think that currently, there's any information on that.
vec

Ambessalion
Niš
Niš

Post by Ambessalion »

that'd be awesome.....especially if he tracks out how the continents split and combined over time
Ahmie K-[ay]

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Drydic »

Zompist has, in the past, said a few things about the geologic history of the continents. I think they're buried in this forum somewhere, I don't recall reading them on the almeopedia. I believe there's a spreading zone north of Eretald, but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

Atom
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Atom »

Yes, I recall that Zompist has said that he believes it's possible to reconstruct the movement of Almean tectonics to some extent with the information provided.