Against Peace and Freedom out soon!

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Against Peace and Freedom out soon!

Post by dhok »

If the page is to be believed, it should be out sometime this month. I'm definitely buying a copy (once I have the money to- right now I'm kinda broke) and helping to get to that magical 200 mark. Who else is gonna get a copy?

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Re: Against Peace and Freedom out soon!

Post by Bristel »

Oh cool. I'll definitely buy a copy.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

Zumir
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Zumir »

There's a chance of him making a conlang for it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
Zim ho Xsárnicja žovnyce.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

I'll get one anyway.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

I thought the Kindle version would take extra time... but it turns out Kindle does support Unicode.

So you can now buy the book on Kindle!

I do not actually own a Kindle, so I could only preview using Amazon's little preview app. So someone will have to buy it to see if the Unicode is really Unicoded.

The final proof copy is on its way here; hopefully no grievous errors have developed and then the print edition will be up too.

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

My girlfriend's got a Kindle. I'll see how it turns out on that. Might take a few days.

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

Soon Zomp will have four books to his name, and a fifth when Babblers comes out. Just out of curiosity, how close are you to being self-sufficient just from publishing? If you published a little faster would you finally be able to take down that annoying sticky on your blog?
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

The current answer is "quite impressive for a hobby" but "sadly laughable as something to live on". Much depends on whether the novels actually sell.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

The Prose Wars is now in revision! Kisses and bouquets to Zompist!

hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Post by hwhatting »

Amazon.de tells me that AFAP is not available as a paper book in Germany (although I bought the LCK via amazon.de). Is that going to change? I don't have a Kindle and I like my books on paper; buying the book from amazon.com would require me to get the book out of customs, which is quite a hassle.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

The AFAP book page isn't done yet... curiously, it lists some shady-looking resellers but not Amazon itself.

It's supposed to be available on other Amazons, though I'm not sure how that works-- it looks like the LCK but not the PCK is available on amazon.de. I'll have to ask about that.

Ars Lande
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ars Lande »

zompist wrote:The AFAP book page isn't done yet... curiously, it lists some shady-looking resellers but not Amazon itself.

It's supposed to be available on other Amazons, though I'm not sure how that works-- it looks like the LCK but not the PCK is available on amazon.de. I'll have to ask about that.
That's about the same thing on amazon.fr. The LCK is available, but the PCK is not. I suppose that's a matter of what they have in stock in Europe and in North America.

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

Ars Lande wrote:
zompist wrote:The AFAP book page isn't done yet... curiously, it lists some shady-looking resellers but not Amazon itself.

That's about the same thing on amazon.fr. The LCK is available, but the PCK is not. I suppose that's a matter of what they have in stock in Europe and in North America.
Amazon.co.uk is the same. I got the LCK, but the PCK doesn't seem to exist... :(
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

I may have found the problem... a sales option wasn't set for the PCK. It may take more time to propagate.

But! The The APAF page is up!! Buy a futuristic novel on dead trees!

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

I'm thinking of buying it right now, but I'd feel less respect for myself for splurging...

Although, I'm sure the feeling of guilt would pass with the book in my hands... :)

I'll buy it now, and recommend it to my roommate (who likes fantasy and sci-fi)
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

dhokarena56 wrote:that magical 200 mark.
Just for fun, I added a meter.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

For reasons to me unclear but to Amazon clearly obvious, there's a couple of used copies available at twice the price of normal. I wonder why...?

Also I'm not able to interpret the meter. It's showing up, I just don't know what "K" and "PB" mean...

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

Kindle and paperback, maybe?
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

dhokarena56 wrote:For reasons to me unclear but to Amazon clearly obvious, there's a couple of used copies available at twice the price of normal. I wonder why...?
I don't think they're real. There was someone offering APAF several days before the Amazon page was done, so it seems businesses are allowed to access the Amazon database and claim to have any book available. I'm guessing it's all software, since as you say it makes no sense to offer a book for more than its price new.

hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Post by hwhatting »

zompist wrote:
dhokarena56 wrote:For reasons to me unclear but to Amazon clearly obvious, there's a couple of used copies available at twice the price of normal. I wonder why...?
I don't think they're real. There was someone offering APAF several days before the Amazon page was done, so it seems businesses are allowed to access the Amazon database and claim to have any book available. I'm guessing it's all software, since as you say it makes no sense to offer a book for more than its price new.
Time machines. They're offering read and annotated copies from the future. Why is it one always has to point out the obvious?

brandrinn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by brandrinn »

zompist wrote:
Wow, so Amazon allows bots that attempt to sell merchandise that doesn't exist? How is that legal?
[quote="Nortaneous"]Is South Africa better off now than it was a few decades ago?[/quote]

Ashroot
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ashroot »

Could it be a pre-order thing?

Also yes unicode is supported on kindle. It is the only way I can be mobile and read this site. And odd Wikipedia articles.

wendolpho
Niš
Niš

Post by wendolpho »

I just finished APAF. I loved it! Any chance of a sequel...? Or another novel set in Incatenaland? Looking forward to Babblers too.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

You're an exemplary human being, Wendolpho!

I do plan another Incatena novel, though I haven't started one. I'd like to get Babblers and the Prose Wars out first.

finlay
Sumerul
Sumerul

Post by finlay »

Just bought the last copy in stock on Amazon UK – hadn't realised it was out yet and it's cheap (with semi-decent exchange rate and free delivery). :D