The Almean Industrial Revolution

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Brel
Lebom
Lebom

The Almean Industrial Revolution

Post by Brel »

Apparently, in 3480, it's close to beginning. Are we ever going to hear about it? Or any Almean history after 3480, for that matter?
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: The Almean Industrial Revolution

Post by zompist »

It's really already in progress. I used to say Eretald was about as advanced as 1750s Europe, but as I got more into the history of technology 1800 was a much more interesting cutoff date. They already have steam engines and steamships, and are about to invent the railroad.

I rather like steampunk, but by the time I get to it, it may be overplayed! I think the 18th century is still underused in fantasy.

Brel
Lebom
Lebom

Re: The Almean Industrial Revolution

Post by Brel »

Sorry, I should have been more specific; I meant something more like the Second Industrial Revolution (which started in about 1870): advanced communications, travel (automobiles etc.) weapons, economic growth, medicine, demographic transition and civil rights movements, etc. I'm particularly interested in which regions would invent what, and how it would alter geopolitics.
Io wrote:Seriously, do you take it as an obligation to be the sort of cunt you are?