Music of Almea?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
BGMan
Lebom
Lebom

Music of Almea?

Post by BGMan »

I'm curious as to what the music would sound like.

For example, for the "sad songs of Lácatur", a Portuguese fado like this one seems to bring that to mind (especially since Portuguese is relatively close to Verdurian phonologically, amplifying the effect):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEZB0XvEZQ

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Music of Almea?

Post by Mornche Geddick »

Other possibilities: gypsy music, rebetiko (with its non-western 9/8 rhythms).

Wattmann
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Wattmann »

I also seem to be interested in this (seem to be, since it's more to the music theory for me than the actual music of Almea)
Warning: Recovering bilingual, attempting trilinguaility. Knowledge of French left behind in childhood. Currently repairing bilinguality. Repair stalled. Above content may be a touch off.

Sacemd
Lebom
Lebom
Location: The Netherworld. Or the Netherlands. Or whatever. Somewhere belowground.

Post by Sacemd »

I'd like to do one or several songs in Verdurian (Or maybe in Barakhinei, Ismaîn, Kebreni or Xurnese. Or something classical in Cadhinor or Cuêzi. Plenty of ideas here), which might be either a cover of an Earthly song (à la the Simlish covers of real songs from The Sims) or a native song. The problem here is: I can't speak any of the Almean languages (pronounciation won't be a problem, still), let alone make a loose translation or write anything in it :wink: . I suppose I could produce an Almean song using the synthesizer on my laptop. Anyone who wants to help me with the lyrics?

Ps. I'm a male human being. If you had any ideas involving a female singer, you probably have to look for one yourself. :)
Sacemd wrote:I'm merely starting this thread so I can have a funny quote in my signature.