The distribution of the les?asi

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Cypress
Sanci
Sanci

The distribution of the les?asi

Post by Cypress »

Maybe its just me; but the map that displays the distribution of the non-humans of Almea shows all of the non-humans distributed fairly widely across the world. Certain groups seem more inclined to a sedentary lifestyle (Ktuvoks, Elcari/M?rtani, Ic?lani) and would not be so far-flung across continents, let alone oceans!

However, I'm sure there is a reason for this; I just can't seem to indentify one right now. :P
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LANGUAGES!!! ^_^

Enjolras for President!

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Ktuvoks live in swamps but hunt in the sea; there's nothing very mysterious about their spreading all over the planet.

Remember that Almea was once a high-tech planet, dominated by worldwide iliu-ktuvok wars, which affected the other species. Very likely the elcari made it to other continents during those epochs.

As for ic?lani, we currently know very little about them...

Cypress
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Cypress »

zompist wrote:Ktuvoks live in swamps but hunt in the sea; there's nothing very mysterious about their spreading all over the planet.

Remember that Almea was once a high-tech planet, dominated by worldwide iliu-ktuvok wars, which affected the other species. Very likely the elcari made it to other continents during those epochs.

As for ic?lani, we currently know very little about them...
I read the Count of Years... but I assumed the ancient wars therin were completly mythological. How advanced was Almea during these wars?

Enjolras for President!

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Cypress wrote:I read the Count of Years... but I assumed the ancient wars therin were completly mythological. How advanced was Almea during these wars?
I don't know, since I can't read Eteod?ole yet. :( I generally picture it as being far more advanced than ourselves. The ilii probably retain much of the technology or at least the knowledge they attained-- the ktuvoks far less so.

Cypress
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Cypress »

zompist wrote:
Cypress wrote:I read the Count of Years... but I assumed the ancient wars therin were completly mythological. How advanced was Almea during these wars?
I don't know, since I can't read Eteod?ole yet. :( I generally picture it as being far more advanced than ourselves. The ilii probably retain much of the technology or at least the knowledge they attained-- the ktuvoks far less so.
Were they space-faring? If so; does this mean there are Illii and Ktuvoks on far-flung planets across the universe?

Enjolras for President!

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Cypress wrote:Were they space-faring? If so; does this mean there are Illii and Ktuvoks on far-flung planets across the universe?
Probably not... one planet is enough for me to worry about.

Cypress
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Cypress »

zompist wrote:
Cypress wrote:Were they space-faring? If so; does this mean there are Illii and Ktuvoks on far-flung planets across the universe?
Probably not... one planet is enough for me to worry about.
Indeed. :mrgreen:

Enjolras for President!