Almean cuisine

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Vuvuzela
Avisaru
Avisaru

Almean cuisine

Post by Vuvuzela »

I know on this page, in the meals section, you give an outline of what Verdurian food is like, but I was wondering if you'd fleshed out the cuisine of other cultures. Are other cultures' foods palatable to Verdurians, or vice-versa? I Beic food really spicy ( I'd imagine with garden agriculture, in a tropical climate, you'd be able to grow lots of spices, but that's just me over-extrapolating.)? Do different cultures have different cooking implements? Do you have a list of foods by culture that I just haven't found yet?
Sorry, I'm just really obsessed with food.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Almean cuisine

Post by Mornche Geddick »

I don't think he has, but you can try reading the agriculture pages in the Almeopedia and then use your own imagination.

macgobhain
Niš
Niš

Post by macgobhain »

So I read up on the cuisine... why does Almea have access to things like potatoes and such? Is this an Alternate Earth of sorts?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

It doesn't really... it has things like lyum which are similar enough to potatoes that it's convenient to use the terrestrial word. Same story with the names of other plants and animals.

macgobhain
Niš
Niš

Post by macgobhain »

Ah I see... perhaps your potatoe-flavored plants grow on trees, like breadfruit?