[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Back translation of Xurnese dzusuisi

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:40 pm 
Boardlord
Boardlord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Nice. I am not sure if this is how it is described in the Endajue canon -- but again, I think your posts are so insightful that they might as well be considered a part of the Endajue canon.

In fact, it kind of makes logical sense -- if a dzusey weren't struggling with illusions himself, he would be a shwechirc and not a dzusey, n'est-ce pas?

I think you could even say that the whole hierarchy is relative -- that is, the same person may be a dzusey (among commoners) or a jivirc (among the Hermit Masters).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:59 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:52 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Yes, I should have seen that. It's kind of odd for a dzusey name to have the word "teach" in it.

Great name. I think it's right up there with ma-Podi and ne-Duox.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:29 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Ok... This was insane.

I tried to translate the title of my blog in Syllabics. I had intense problems to find out how to write the word dzusuisi, and I am actually not satisfied with the whole thing. There is nothing in Axunemi that crosses the sound changes and become "ui". Indeed, anything ui-like becomes "we". I had to use an adhoc writing for the radical of duxuc so that the diminutive (which I wrote as ixei, the only thing that give isi) can be applied seperately. It is obvious that having the logographs would solve this so simply...

Da-ne-vi-du-si o du-xun-i-xei

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:56 am 
Boardlord
Boardlord

That's probably about as good as you can do for now. The stuff on writing Xurnese is way too sketchy and I'll have to get back to that. Plus it was written before Xurnese was actually reworked and finished.

(You write du- but I'm sure you know that's always dzu-. Axunašin du/dou became Xurnese dzu/du.)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:09 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:54 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

The more I look at the Xurnese syllabary, while I would push for a better distinction between characters, keeping the idea of the columns can be an awesome thing. At one point, one will probably figure out a reformation of the whole system, but Xurno is a rigid country, and I would expect it to keep its archaïc system until universal education kicks in, where it will probably do like Japan.

That is, keep the system as is. If you want, I can even try to work out those little quirks to actually make it work. For instance, to have u-i, you need to use the character for "Cun" and then add "i". So I don't think it's impossible. But you have to understand quite well how it works.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:41 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Daneydzaus o Dzusuisi

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Zuryo plima wemo ze.

Have you seen ? Apparently a Xurnese mathematician proved some two years ago.

This makes me wonder if Xurnese mathematicians classify their field into four disciplines, based on the Endajué principles:
"am/mu" (one/with): number theory, algebra, combinatorics, probability
"ez" (all): topology, set theory, cosmology, astrophysics (while we wouldn't normally consider astrophysics a branch of math, the Xurnese division of knowledge into disciplines may be different)
"ende" (path): geometry, real/complex analysis
"cauch" (dance): differential equations, Fourier analysis, dynamical systems (what we would consider applied mathematics)
And of course, "erijaudo" is logic.

And on a slightly humorous note, isn't Einstein a good dzuséy name? (In German it means "a stone".) And some of his quotations do feel like dzusuisi:

Only two things are infinite, the All and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. (this could mean something about reading as a Discipline)

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - this is a somewhat new kind of religion. (sounds like Endajué's divine atheism)

The faster you go, the shorter you are. (this just sounds like the theory of relativity as Ne-Duox would explain it)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:50 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01 am 
Sanci
Sanci

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

NEW TRANSLATION :
Cu kyes rum šweriju gerizasayjuc na syu deš xaircú e zenisimu keno, seč cunde sindimayc. Tas mausende brešuacusuc. Cu tagri ga gerizas šuči na cu xisam xaučí na Krosámis zezinej.
- Dusiči
If I ask ten students if they grasp the Greater Principle, six will say yes. How advanced we must be! Krosámis on his deathbed admitted that he had not yet fully done it.