zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
I didn't look it up in the dictionary either :-)

I think you took my last comment (about being 1/6 Endajuesu) way too seriously. I meant it as a joke.


I know; but it did make for a good dzusúis, did it not?

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 189
Móreš tes cu plima još dzusúis xec. (It does feel like I'm saying "Of course it does a good dzusuis make", with that head-final ordering :-) )

For some reason, I can't find "Daney" (as in Daneydzaus) in the lexicon. Is it some kind of Axunašin derivative?

Quote:
if I am to be considered a Jivirc or Beylusu

Quote:
The Jivirc has catched the idea of having illusions, and the Beylusu is in the process of learning how to doubt his own illusions; I am, I believe, at that last level.

This is true Xurnese modesty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:40 pm 
Boardlord
Boardlord

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:26 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: In the den
Ambrisio wrote:
For some reason, I can't find "Daney" (as in Daneydzaus) in the lexicon. Is it some kind of Axunašin derivative?


In part yes. But you've got the wrong division; it's da-neydzaus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
Quote:
if I am to be considered a Jivirc or Beylusu

Quote:
The Jivirc has catched the idea of having illusions, and the Beylusu is in the process of learning how to doubt his own illusions; I am, I believe, at that last level.

This is true Xurnese modesty.

If it is, it is simply the modesty of a student who acknowledges he is still studying.

And perhaps the distinction between a Beylusu and a Dzusey is more a matter of degree, a Dzusey is someone whom both Jivirc and Beylusu think achieved mastery of the self-doubting process, but in the dark, he's actually struggling with his own illusions, and a lot harder because they were buried in layers of dust that he got so accostumed to that the process of getting rid of them is highly painful mentally, and is using all his mind.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 189
Nice. I am not sure if this is how it is described in the Endajue canon -- but again, I think your posts are so insightful that they might as well be considered a part of the Endajue canon.

In fact, it kind of makes logical sense -- if a dzusey weren't struggling with illusions himself, he would be a shwechirc and not a dzusey, n'est-ce pas?

I think you could even say that the whole hierarchy is relative -- that is, the same person may be a dzusey (among commoners) or a jivirc (among the Hermit Masters).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
Nice. I am not sure if this is how it is described in the Endajue canon -- but again, I think your posts are so insightful that they might as well be considered a part of the Endajue canon.

In fact, it kind of makes logical sense -- if a dzusey weren't struggling with illusions himself, he would be a shwechirc and not a dzusey, n'est-ce pas?


He would be deluding himself with illusions; as a certain Hermit Master said, he struggled to the end of his life and yet never grasped it entirely. Such a Master, if one ever actually existed, should have to be demoted right away to Beylusu again. Bezu ma-Veon is such a case conworldwise.

As for my insightfulness, instead of calling me Canon, call my posts Pseudocanon, or, as they say on tvtropes, Word of Dante. My interpretation goes beyond Xurnese Endajué, I am not afraid to reflect on what's in the Endajué page (and reject illusions I believe they have), and put my own interpretations and experiences in; not exactly a bad thing I suppose, but still short of any sort of Canon, even Deuterocanon.

Quote:
I think you could even say that the whole hierarchy is relative -- that is, the same person may be a dzusey (among commoners) or a jivirc (among the Hermit Masters).


Like Xurnese society. We are never at the same place; it stands to reason that our understanding may be as relative as our position. In Xurnese Endajué, a Dzusey is a master of his own Dzusnar, a recognition from his former master. But you must be able to create Dzusnari and, therefore, new Dzuséy at the same time.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 189
zompist wrote:
Ambrisio wrote:
For some reason, I can't find "Daney" (as in Daneydzaus) in the lexicon. Is it some kind of Axunašin derivative?


In part yes. But you've got the wrong division; it's da-neydzaus.


But I can't find ''da'' either. Does it mean "big shoulders"?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:59 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
zompist wrote:
Ambrisio wrote:
For some reason, I can't find "Daney" (as in Daneydzaus) in the lexicon. Is it some kind of Axunašin derivative?


In part yes. But you've got the wrong division; it's da-neydzaus.


But I can't find ''da'' either. Does it mean "big shoulders"?


It does. Broad shoulders.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:52 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 189
Yes, I should have seen that. It's kind of odd for a dzusey name to have the word "teach" in it.

Great name. I think it's right up there with ma-Podi and ne-Duox.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
Yes, I should have seen that. It's kind of odd for a dzusey name to have the word "teach" in it.

Great name. I think it's right up there with ma-Podi and ne-Duox.


I actually took something less flashy and more descriptive, more akin to Rúmeš.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:29 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ok... This was insane.

I tried to translate the title of my blog in Syllabics. I had intense problems to find out how to write the word dzusuisi, and I am actually not satisfied with the whole thing. There is nothing in Axunemi that crosses the sound changes and become "ui". Indeed, anything ui-like becomes "we". I had to use an adhoc writing for the radical of duxuc so that the diminutive (which I wrote as ixei, the only thing that give isi) can be applied seperately. It is obvious that having the logographs would solve this so simply...

Da-ne-vi-du-si o du-xun-i-xei

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:56 am 
Boardlord
Boardlord

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:26 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: In the den
That's probably about as good as you can do for now. The stuff on writing Xurnese is way too sketchy and I'll have to get back to that. Plus it was written before Xurnese was actually reworked and finished.

(You write du- but I'm sure you know that's always dzu-. Axunašin du/dou became Xurnese dzu/du.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:09 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
zompist wrote:
That's probably about as good as you can do for now. The stuff on writing Xurnese is way too sketchy and I'll have to get back to that. Plus it was written before Xurnese was actually reworked and finished.

(You write du- but I'm sure you know that's always dzu-. Axunašin du/dou became Xurnese dzu/du.)


I feel relieved somehow; it was the most insane work I ever did. I though Swedish was awful, but Xurnese-as-it-is-now is... let's say, the-most-batshit-insane-writing-system ever. And yes, I am aware of the "du" being /dzu/ stuff; I did a lot of research in both Axunasin and Xurnese to be able to get to the result I came up with. (I remember writing the name Dugazu with "dou" for the exact same reason, actually.)

I still haven't found any other proper way to write /ui/ however, as the Sound Change Applier finds no solution that leads to "ui" except if words are seperated (thus the final n, even if there is no initial on the following syllable).

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:54 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
The more I look at the Xurnese syllabary, while I would push for a better distinction between characters, keeping the idea of the columns can be an awesome thing. At one point, one will probably figure out a reformation of the whole system, but Xurno is a rigid country, and I would expect it to keep its archaïc system until universal education kicks in, where it will probably do like Japan.

That is, keep the system as is. If you want, I can even try to work out those little quirks to actually make it work. For instance, to have u-i, you need to use the character for "Cun" and then add "i". So I don't think it's impossible. But you have to understand quite well how it works.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:41 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Image
Daneydzaus o Dzusuisi

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 189
Zuryo plima wemo ze.

Have you seen this? Apparently a Xurnese mathematician proved some theorems on {0,1}-matrices two years ago.

This makes me wonder if Xurnese mathematicians classify their field into four disciplines, based on the Endajué principles:
"am/mu" (one/with): number theory, algebra, combinatorics, probability
"ez" (all): topology, set theory, cosmology, astrophysics (while we wouldn't normally consider astrophysics a branch of math, the Xurnese division of knowledge into disciplines may be different)
"ende" (path): geometry, real/complex analysis
"cauch" (dance): differential equations, Fourier analysis, dynamical systems (what we would consider applied mathematics)
And of course, "erijaudo" is logic.

And on a slightly humorous note, isn't Einstein a good dzuséy name? (In German it means "a stone".) And some of his quotations do feel like dzusuisi:

Only two things are infinite, the All and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. (this could mean something about reading as a Discipline)

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - this is a somewhat new kind of religion. (sounds like Endajué's divine atheism)

The faster you go, the shorter you are. (this just sounds like the theory of relativity as Ne-Duox would explain it)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:50 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Ambrisio wrote:
This makes me wonder if Xurnese mathematicians classify their field into four disciplines, based on the Endajué principles:
"am/mu" (one/with): number theory, algebra, combinatorics, probability
"ez" (all): topology, set theory, cosmology, astrophysics (while we wouldn't normally consider astrophysics a branch of math, the Xurnese division of knowledge into disciplines may be different)
"ende" (path): geometry, real/complex analysis
"cauch" (dance): differential equations, Fourier analysis, dynamical systems (what we would consider applied mathematics)
And of course, "erijaudo" is logic.


I would rather see them aligning everything with the arts. But I don't think we should go that far, Xurnese don't seem to be strict in terms of categorization.

Quote:
And on a slightly humorous note, isn't Einstein a good dzuséy name? (In German it means "a stone".) And some of his quotations do feel like dzusuisi:

Only two things are infinite, the All and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. (this could mean something about reading as a Discipline)

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - this is a somewhat new kind of religion. (sounds like Endajué's divine atheism)

The faster you go, the shorter you are. (this just sounds like the theory of relativity as Ne-Duox would explain it)


If you ask me, pretty much every atheistic scientist is in someway close to Endajué. It's normal : science is based on overiludo : you dust of the mistakes of your predecessors. Pretty much any scientific that goes with the scientific method is pretty much doing something close to Endajué. Endajué is that method, applied to ethics.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01 am 
Sanci
Sanci
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 am
Posts: 45
Yiuel Raumbesrairc wrote:
If you ask me, pretty much every atheistic scientist is in someway close to Endajué. It's normal : science is based on overiludo : you dust of the mistakes of your predecessors. Pretty much any scientific that goes with the scientific method is pretty much doing something close to Endajué. Endajué is that method, applied to ethics.


The original teachers may have approached ethical rationalism, but Endajue has been heavily influenced by... I can't really say 'mysticism', because in its original meaning that's precisely what science is - dealing with the tiny island of knowledge in the infinite sea of the unknown, the mystery - but what 'mysticism' has come to mean.

People very quickly got very attached to the metaphors used to hint at the actual topic. Not to mention falling away from positions that were inconvenient or didn't easily allow for what people wanted. This is human and inevitable and... wrong.

Which is part of what makes the Almean religions so plausible - that's pretty much exactly what happens with real philosophic teachings, and especially what happened with Taoism and Buddhism (the two most obvious inspirations for Endajue in the real world).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
Melend wrote:
Yiuel Raumbesrairc wrote:
If you ask me, pretty much every atheistic scientist is in someway close to Endajué. It's normal : science is based on overiludo : you dust of the mistakes of your predecessors. Pretty much any scientific that goes with the scientific method is pretty much doing something close to Endajué. Endajué is that method, applied to ethics.


The original teachers may have approached ethical rationalism, but Endajue has been heavily influenced by... I can't really say 'mysticism', because in its original meaning that's precisely what science is - dealing with the tiny island of knowledge in the infinite sea of the unknown, the mystery - but what 'mysticism' has come to mean.

People very quickly got very attached to the metaphors used to hint at the actual topic. Not to mention falling away from positions that were inconvenient or didn't easily allow for what people wanted. This is human and inevitable and... wrong.


I would say that they were simply influenced by their own culture. Most Masters (and current Dzuséy) are basically gated in Xurnese culture. This in turn makes it impossible to really compare for them. They have the little variations with Xurno, but not much beyond. Eventually, if Cheiy and Belshai kick asses (and Belshai is well on its way to be a scientific center), Xurnese philosophers will have to rethink their whole thoughts. That's how science itself made its way : a certain guy realized that Xurno was clouded regarding the understanding of the physical world, and he pushed the idea. If they readily absorb the scientific method, I would guess that Xurno could very well be a central part of future science, because it basically has no true dogma it has to uphold (only thoughts that can be readily rejected if well explained).

Quote:
Which is part of what makes the Almean religions so plausible - that's pretty much exactly what happens with real philosophic teachings, and especially what happened with Taoism and Buddhism (the two most obvious inspirations for Endajue in the real world).

Yes, but what is fun with Endajué is that no Hermit Master ever claimed to have understood the world completely; the Tao and Buddha both claimed to have understood, as an Hermit Master said : If I ask ten students if they grasp the Greater Principle, six will say yes. How advanced we must be! Krosámis on his deathbed admitted that he had not yet fully done it. That is, Buddhism and Taoism both have a claim to fully understand; Endajué... quite the opposite. This makes it slightly different : there is nobody to tell you you are wrong; actually you may even be closer the the Truth than even Krosámis and nobody would be surprised by the idea (but they would be in awe at your deep understanding.) It kinds of give another atmosphere to the whole idea. Sure, like Buddhism and Taoism, it can easily be turned into a rigid code, but unlike these, Endajué has in its basics the very foundation that tells you : even the greatest masters didn't understand it completely. This can easily be turned into a call to rebellion and rejection of old ways for other reasons.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Nyeriborma, Elme, Melomers
NEW TRANSLATION :
Cu kyes rum šweriju gerizasayjuc na syu deš xaircú e zenisimu keno, seč cunde sindimayc. Tas mausende brešuacusuc. Cu tagri ga gerizas šuči na cu xisam xaučí na Krosámis zezinej.
- Dusiči
If I ask ten students if they grasp the Greater Principle, six will say yes. How advanced we must be! Krosámis on his deathbed admitted that he had not yet fully done it.

_________________
"Ez amnar o amnar e cauč."
- Daneydzaus


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group