SCA2 error

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

SCA2 error

Post by dhok »

Thought I'd put a note here...there's an error with the way SCA2 handles optional variables. Here was the line in question:
S/Z/S(C)V(C)_

where S was an aspirate, Z was an unaspirated plosive, and C and V represent consonants and vowels. Anyways, when I tried to run *thakha (written TaKa) through it, it didn't change it to Taka, like it should have. <a> was listed under V, and S=PTK, Z=ptk. S/Z/S(C)V_ works, S/Z/SV_ works, but not S/Z/SV(C)_. Just a small point.

Drydic
Smeric
Smeric

Re: SCA2 error

Post by Drydic »

What did it change it to?
Image Image
Common Zein Scratchpad & other Stuffs! OMG AN ACTUAL CONPOST WTFBBQ

Formerly known as Drydic.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

Nvm, the rule seems to work alone, and I'd already devised a workaround...I've had this sort of problem before, though, so I'll necro the thread when it happens again, with context.

dhok
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by dhok »

Found an example, when trying to make a vowel harmony change work.

Here,

Code: Select all

B=aou
F=æøü
1=ǽǿűíé
2=áóú
and

Code: Select all

B/F/_(V)(C)C(V)(C)(C)1
B/F/1(C)(C)(V)C_
F/B/_(V)(C)C(V)(C)(C)1
F/B/2(C)(C)(V)C_
where C and V are just any consonants and vowels. Essentially, I'm trying to get the unstressed vowels to mimic the position of the stressed vowel, and all those optional Cs and Vs are there to keep track of how much space there would reasonably be. But when I put in pütuóküs and losű, nothing happens. I can't have a category wrong, because if, for the case of losű, I put in the simplified rule
B/F/_C1

I get løsű, as expected, which should be the product of the first line of those chang rules, but isn't. If I put in the simplified rules
F/B/_C(V)2
F/B/2C_

I get putuókus, as I should, but don't. So there is something nutty going on here.