Almean science

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Ambrisio
Lebom
Lebom

Almean science

Post by Ambrisio »

I wonder what the latest scientific discoveries are on Almea. I remember reading about a flaid who discovered calculus and a Verdurian who discovered the theory of gravitation. Are the other regions of Almea (like Xurno or Arcel) home to any significant scientific discoveries?

I imagine that the Xurnese must have a rich scientific tradition after the Revaudo revolution, since clear thinking (erijaudo) is an integral part of their philosophy. About the Arcelians I am not sure, however. Is there as much resistance to scientific discovery on Almea as in medieval times on Earth?

It would be interesting to see, for example, Palthuknen develop into a country of skilled microbiologists, or Kereminth into a country of skilled mathematicians.

And on a more humorous note: Did the Almean equivalent of SETI detect Terrestrial intelligence?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Almean science

Post by zompist »

You can get some idea from the timeline of technology.

Almea is post-medieval-- indeed, it's just entering the age of steam. I use 1800 as the roughly equivalent date.

The Bé (in northern Arcél) are trying hard to catch up to the Erelaeans, and thanks to some recent wars are actually ahead in gunpowder technology.