Babblers

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Babblers

Post by Civil War Bugle »

Good to see Babblers coming along. Is there an anticipated price on the companion volume?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Against Peace and Freedom out soon!

Post by zompist »

Civil War Bugle wrote:Is there an anticipated price on the companion volume?
Probably the same as Babblers. But the omnibus edition will probably be just $3 more. A bargain!

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Against Peace and Freedom out soon!

Well I'm in favour of that sort of thing so I will be helping myself to it for my birthday or fake Christmas.

rotting bones
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: Babblers

Post by rotting bones »

I loved APAF. Looking forward to this too.
If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

In reality, our greatest blessings come to us by way of madness, which indeed is a divine gift. - Socrates

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Will the omnibus and the book of Cuzei be released at the same time, or will one be slightly after the other? I am holding out for the omnibus and am just curious.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

I'll try for about the same time. I want to get another proof of the B of C and I'll try to get one of the omnibus edition at the same time.

(There won't be a Kindle omnibus version though-- it didn't really make sense pricewise.)

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Great. I was planning on a physical copy, so the lack of a Kindle version is fine by me.

Karavinka
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Karavinka »

I just bought both the Babblers and the Book of Cuezi on Kindle, and the first feedback: neither book has a table of contents. The Babblers would still be readable, but navigating the Book of Cuezi without a built-in table of contents is very difficult at the moment.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

There should be one at the front of the book, but I assume you want a clickable one? I'm not sure how that can be done, but I'll look into it.

Karavinka
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Karavinka »

Yeah, there's the function to load the table of contents on Kindle that the users can click it and move to the chosen chapter. I (obviously) don't know how they're made, but the other books (LCK, ALC, Lexicopedia) all have it.

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

I ordered and received the omnibus and am around 70 pages in. I am enjoying it so far and hope either that Zeilisio is not cuckolded or that he is dead when it happens, because cuckoldry seems like a possibility. On the other hand, if Beretos did that, would he even mention it? I am also hoping for another iliu cameo and cameos by other thinking kinds.

alman
Niš
Niš

Post by alman »

Even though it's been out for awhile, I'd like to say I enjoyed this book a lot.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

Seconded!