Plant Life

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Pedant
Lebom
Lebom

Plant Life

Post by Pedant »

I know, I know, it's another odd topic, but I am curious: there are a lot of plants with really interesting names around, like the spinnut, waybean, mokoki, keng nuts, ko beans...so what exactly are they? Does anyone know?

Pedant
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Plant Life

Post by Pedant »

Diddle-um diddle-um diddle-um-bom-bom...

WeepingElf
Smeric
Smeric

Post by WeepingElf »

Pedant wrote:I know, I know, it's another odd topic, but I am curious: there are a lot of plants with really interesting names around, like the spinnut, waybean, mokoki, keng nuts, ko beans...so what exactly are they? Does anyone know?
Well, Almean plants are not the same as those of Earth, nor is there a strict 1-to-1 correspondence. Hence, there are lots of Almean plants which have no Terran equivalent and must be named either by names borrowed from Almean languages such as mokoki, or by new, descriptive coinages such as spinnut.
...brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Tha cvastam émi cvastam santham amal phelsa. -- Friedrich Schiller
ESTAR-3SG:P human-OBJ only human-OBJ true-OBJ REL-LOC play-3SG:A

Pedant
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pedant »

Okay, that's true, but with no hint of disrespect I did know that. I'm just wondering if further detail was ever gone into about what they actually are. Truca has an article, and I'm fairly certain corn does as well (trouble about Munkhâshi domestication), but what about the ones below?
Personally, I just want to know what a spinnut tastes like.

Mornche Geddick
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mornche Geddick »

We'll never know.

Pedant
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Pedant »

Imagine loud, exasperated sobbing, like a toddler who's been denied a sweet.
WANNA WANNA WANNA SPINNUT!