Flaidish question and a typo

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
So Haleza Grise
Avisaru
Avisaru

Flaidish question and a typo

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Not sure if I should have added this on to an older thread instead of starting a new one.

I think the example sentence Flaiden techyse sidrau should have an accusative sidraut instead? Unless I am missing something.

There's an example sentence Se ze ʔyd sammen fichet teen ʔollyd? translated as Where were you on the night of the 1ʔth? which I think is a substitution error for 17th.

How would Flaidish handle a construction like I bought a coat for winter? Would you just make winter the topic (but what if you wanted to make the coat the topic?)
Duxirti petivevoumu tinaya to tiei šuniš muruvax ulivatimi naya to šizeni.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Flaidish question and a typo

Post by zompist »

So Haleza Grise wrote:I think the example sentence Flaiden techyse sidrau should have an accusative sidraut instead? Unless I am missing something.

There's an example sentence Se ze ʔyd sammen fichet teen ʔollyd? translated as Where were you on the night of the 1ʔth? which I think is a substitution error for 17th.
Right on both counts.
How would Flaidish handle a construction like I bought a coat for winter? Would you just make winter the topic (but what if you wanted to make the coat the topic?)
I think I'd use the preposition for. (You could probably get away with the topic construction too.)