Kebreni orthography

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Chengjiang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Kebreni orthography

Post by Chengjiang »

According to the page on Kebreni,
Kebreni has sensibly used Cađinor's two back stop symbols for two points of articulation, but the points are moved up a stop.
I, at least, would interpret this as meaning that Kebreni uses the Caďinorian cës for /c/ and ek (and a voiced derivation thereof) for /k/ and /g/. This is further suggested by the transliteration of <c> for the palatal stop and <k> for the voiceless velar stop. However, the table showing the usual orthographic representations of Kebreni's sounds appears to use ek for /c/ and cës for /k/. Since as far as I can tell there aren't any samples of Kebreni writing on the site in its own orthography, I have to ask: Which is correct?
[ʈʂʰɤŋtɕjɑŋ], or whatever you can comfortably pronounce that's close to that

Formerly known as Primordial Soup

Supporter of use of [ȶ ȡ ȵ ȴ] in transcription

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a 青.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Kebreni orthography

Post by zompist »

The diagram is wrong. Good catch! Fortunately I got it right in the printed LCK. :)

Chengjiang
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chengjiang »

Thanks for your reply. I imagine I'm not the first person to point this out and it could be getting annoying.

Actually, now I'm curious. Have you ever devised the names for the letters in Kebreni?

(I've always quite liked Kebreni, by the way. Delightfully odd language whose parts fit together well.)
[ʈʂʰɤŋtɕjɑŋ], or whatever you can comfortably pronounce that's close to that

Formerly known as Primordial Soup

Supporter of use of [ȶ ȡ ȵ ȴ] in transcription

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a 青.

vec
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by vec »

Chengjiang wrote:(I've always quite liked Kebreni, by the way. Delightfully odd language whose parts fit together well.)
Kebreni is my favorite conlang ever.
vec

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Chengjiang wrote:I imagine I'm not the first person to point this out and it could be getting annoying.
As far as I recall you're the first. I'm happy to have errors pointed out; it means that someone's reading them. :)