Is Almea still used for RPG?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
gestaltist
Lebom
Lebom

Is Almea still used for RPG?

Post by gestaltist »

I remember reading that Almea was first created as an RPG setting. I wonder if it's still used that way. Obviously, I'm most interested if zompist still plays RPGs, but if anybody here plays in Almea, I would love to hear about it, too.

This is mainly just idle curiosity, but I would also like to know which regions of Almea do you use for gaming, and why?

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: Is Almea still used for RPG?

Post by zompist »

That was mostly back in college, though there was another bout with my Spinnwebe friends in the '90s. (Unfortunately the transcripts are no longer online.)

I think I've been asked for permission to use Almea as an RPG setting, but I don't recall anyone getting back to me on how it went.

I salute anyone who keeps pen-and-paper RPGs alive, but for me they were pretty much killed by video games.

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

Is permission to use Almea for RPGs still open?

(I don't currently know anyone I'd want to play an RPG with, and I've never GMed, but I've thought about stealing the setting or using your Maraille setting to try managing a game.)

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Sure, have at it.