C^ascurento

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

C^ascurento

Post by Civil War Bugle »

I have received a letter from one Shriftomo Chascurento who is very concerned about world peace and achieving harmony among all the thinking kinds and promoting equality between Ktuvoks, Uesti, Flaids, and so on and so forth. He says that if I send $1000 to a Viminian prince via bank transfer, said prince will be able to free up trust fund holdings which are currently tied up in a funky colonial venture and split the profits three ways, between me, the prince, and Shriftomo Chasurento's project to create an international auxiliary language which will allow idealists everywhere to bring about the New Age.

My question is this: Is Shriftomo Chascurento bullshitting me, or should I drain my bank account pursuing this idea? Sounds like a good idea, and I could buy myself a bunch of lava lamps with the profits, but I have heard rumors on the internet that it might be a scam. If it is not a scam, I will post more of Chasurento's ideas here.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Re: C^ascurento

Post by mèþru »

Who declared war on the Flaids? I think it's a scam!
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

The joke around Verduria is that even if the Viminians had an interdimensional rift, they'd just use it as an outhouse or hide a still there. But even if they have one, no one's found a way to send money through interdimensional rifts— it just turns back into ideas. I suggest you ask the gentleman to transfer a few gold pieces to you as a test.

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

Huh. That's weird. I got a letter in the mail from a man in Ismahi, said my uncle died in a Kebreni prison and if I paid some nominal fees and taxes, I would inherit his expansive shipping trade. Except, I just blew my last paycheck doing the same thing for another uncle with his estate in Barakhinei.

hwhatting
Smeric
Smeric

Post by hwhatting »

You're all talking to the wrong people. I've got a very profitable venture going on with some reputable gentlemen in Verduria, an undertaking of great advantage but no-one to know what it is. If you send me your money I'll take care of it being plugged into the right wormholes.

mèþru
Smeric
Smeric

Post by mèþru »

That's nothing. A televangelist said that a Mei from Belšai (who he maintains contact with) told him that interdimensional travel won't work. Only prayer to Jippir will get money through, an you should givethat money to Jippur's tej on Earth. For safekeeping of course.
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť

Civil War Bugle
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Civil War Bugle »

The fine gentleman appears to have vacuumed out my box where I keep my coin collection (doesn't want my paper money, I guess), so I am going to see if I can hack his computer (how did this guy get a computer? Did a wizard give it to him? Those dang wizards.) and get the promised information about his newfangled language that way. Hope to report back soon! Don't give Viminians your paypal information!