A Possible Mistake

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Ghost
Lebom
Lebom

A Possible Mistake

Post by Ghost »

Possible, because I'm a little confused.

On the ?nomai page, you've got both Meme and Iliatal down as "in Fr?lina, the maiden". Is this a mistake, or have I misread this, and Fr?lina is the maiden? Because I find it ambiguous.

If I've messed up, sorry for bothering you.

Ghost :)
[url=http://www.emalaith.com/census.html]ZBB Census 2006[/url]

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Re: A Possible Mistake

Post by zompist »

Ghost wrote:On the ?nomai page, you've got both Meme and Iliatal down as "in Fr?lina, the maiden". Is this a mistake, or have I misread this, and Fr?lina is the maiden? Because I find it ambiguous.
I'm not sure what the confusion is-- both references are to a constellation called Fr?lina, which is Verdurian for 'maiden'. Naturally a constellation can have multiple stars. :)

Mecislau
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: A Possible Mistake

Post by Mecislau »

Ghost wrote:Possible, because I'm a little confused.

On the ?nomai page, you've got both Meme and Iliatal down as "in Fr?lina, the maiden". Is this a mistake, or have I misread this, and Fr?lina is the maiden? Because I find it ambiguous.

If I've messed up, sorry for bothering you.

Ambiguous? Havent you heard expressions like "... in Pisces, the fishes"? That's quite a normal way of listing what constellation stars belong too, that I've seen.

Ghost
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Ghost »

Ah, OK. For some reason I kept reading it as both Meme and Iliatal as meaning 'Maiden'. I should really have looked it up first, but there you go.

Sorry for bothering,
[url=http://www.emalaith.com/census.html]ZBB Census 2006[/url]