The zbb in Verdurian?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Mihel Mestë
Niš
Niš

The zbb in Verdurian?

Post by Mihel Mestë »

I was visiting this board for a while before I joined, and I have been wondering: why donesn't someone translate the board into Verdurian? The phpBB site can tell us how to translate, and the lexicon for Verdurian (and for that matter, almost all the other languages) are very nearly complete, and Zompist translated his server stats into Verdurian! I think this would be a good project, if not for the Zompist himself as he is rather busy, but maybe for one or many of us.
[img]http://www.yewipeya.net/shafa.png[/img]
[size=75][i]Shafa, shafa sháfu... ngaro, ngaro ngácu... lapa saraitame fyimu ozerátoi...[/i]

[b]Mihel Mestë is an [i]Earth[/i].
His name is [i]Ryoliryo, the raccoon thunder.[/i][/b][/size]

Glenn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The zbb in Verdurian?

Post by Glenn »

Mihel Mest? wrote:I was visiting this board for a while before I joined, and I have been wondering: why donesn't someone translate the board into Verdurian? The phpBB site can tell us how to translate, and the lexicon for Verdurian (and for that matter, almost all the other languages) are very nearly complete, and Zompist translated his server stats into Verdurian! I think this would be a good project, if not for the Zompist himself as he is rather busy, but maybe for one or many of us.
Do you mean translating the ZBB features (the board name, commands and options, etc.) into Verdurian? I think that might well be feasible. Translating all of the posts, of course, would not be. :wink: (The original Virtual Verduria Message Board, which focused more on Almea specifically, included a number of posts in Verdurian (including a couple by yours truly), as well as a few in Barakhinei, Cuezi, and Cadhinor; in fact, when Mark first started the board, all of the first people who posted did so in Verdurian.)

p@,
Glenn

Mihel Mestë
Niš
Niš

Post by Mihel Mestë »

Glenn Kempf wrote:Do you mean translating the ZBB features (the board name, commands and options, etc.) into Verdurian?
Yes. That's Exactly what I mean.
Glenn Kempf wrote:I think that might well be feasible. Translating all of the posts, of course, would not be. :wink:
Don't you want to translate 12773 articles? :wink:
[size=75][i]Shafa, shafa sháfu... ngaro, ngaro ngácu... lapa saraitame fyimu ozerátoi...[/i]

Neek
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Neek »

I don't think there's enough WODKA to get me to translate 12,7000-something articles.

Warmaster
Lebom
Lebom
Location: Somewhere far beyond your reality (Exeter, England)

Post by Warmaster »

Nikolai wrote:I don't think there's enough WODKA to get me to translate 12,7000-something articles.
one too many 0's there i think, you don't want to do ten times more work do you??? 8)
Don't worry Girls, Explosions fix everything!

He who is also known as Ben

eodrakken
Lebom
Lebom

Post by eodrakken »

Mihel Mest? wrote:Zompist translated his server stats into Verdurian
Actually, I don't think he did... I believe it was somebody else, possibly Philip?

Glenn
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Glenn »

eodrakken wrote:
Actually, I don't think he did... I believe it was somebody else, possibly Philip?
I'm not certain what Mark has or hasn't done, but I'm pretty sure Philip Newton (or Filipo Petrei Lebdaney, in Verdurian) did translations of his own server stats into Verdurian and other Almean languages; he certainly created some nifty programs for automatically inflecting nouns, adjectives, and verbs in those languages. Philip's been on the board, but he hasn't been posting for a few months now.

p@,
Glenn

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Indeed, the server stats were by Philip. Philip's knowledge of Verdurian is uncanny.; he doesn't just get the grammar right, he gets the style down too.

I don't know that much about phpbb (hey, that's what I pay Spinn for), but if it's a matter of uploading some files I'll be glad to do it.

Mihel Mestë
Niš
Niš

Post by Mihel Mestë »

eodrakken wrote:
Oops! :oops: sorry! I guess I should get into the habit of looking over my ravings and actually correcting errors. Thanks for catching me there!

But I was only using it as an example of how it is possible to translate something like it into Verdurian. I hope no one took offense.