how do you understand the pronoun of a kebreni verb?

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Piero
Sanci
Sanci

how do you understand the pronoun of a kebreni verb?

Post by Piero »

Hi, this is my first post in Almea!
I tried to answer to the question and I searched into the Kebreni page, but I found nuthin. Can someone help me?
Sorry, maybe I made some mistakes, but I'm Italian and I'm not very well to speak English.

vlaran of verduria
Sanci
Sanci

Post by vlaran of verduria »

Welcome to the ZBB!

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

The general answer is "by context". Person and number are handled very differently in Kebreni compared to Indo-European languages. In Italian you must express them on the verb; in English you must supply a pronoun. In Kebreni there's no "must" about it; a sentence doesn't need person and number. Japanese is much like this as well.

In an isolated sentence in a grammar, of course you can't tell what's meant. Kuna means that 'someone saw' something-- maybe me, maybe you, maybe someone else. In actual conversation or writing, however, sentences aren't isolated. If you're talking to me and say Kuna nyne, it's clear that you mean that you saw the girl. (You presumably wouldn't be informing me about what I saw; and if someone else saw her you'd say who.)

Dewrad
Sanno
Sanno

Re: how do you understand the pronoun of a kebreni verb?

Post by Dewrad »

Piero Lo Monaco wrote:Hi, this is my first post in Almea!
I tried to answer to the question and I searched into the Kebreni page, but I found nuthin. Can someone help me?
Sorry, maybe I made some mistakes, but I'm Italian and I'm not very well to speak English.
Benvenuto allo ZBB!
Some useful Dravian links: Grammar - Lexicon - Ask a Dravian
Salmoneus wrote:(NB Dewrad is behaving like an adult - a petty, sarcastic and uncharitable adult, admittedly, but none the less note the infinitely higher quality of flame)

JT_the_Ninja
Sanci
Sanci

Re: how do you understand the pronoun of a kebreni verb?

Post by JT_the_Ninja »

Piero Lo Monaco wrote:Hi, this is my first post in Almea!
Airana! Tagon! Ranarath! Eeee!

Welcome to the ZBB! :mrgreen:

tatapyranga
Lebom
Lebom

Post by tatapyranga »

Welcome Piero! Good, I think we didn't have any Italian members here, despite having representatives from many European countries.

By the way, how do you say "Please, could you speak more slowly?" in Italian :) ?
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there's only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today'.

Izambri
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Izambri »

alieneye wrote:By the way, how do you say "Please, could you speak more slowly?" in Italian :) ?
Well, I'm not Piero... but the sentence is Puoi parlare pi? lentamente, per favore? :wink:

Oh, and... Benvenuto, Piero!!! Da dove vieni? Roma? Torino? Firenze?... :D
Un llapis mai dibuixa sense una mà.

Piero
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Piero »

I'm from Ragusa, in Sicily.
about "could you speak more slowly?" in Italian, izopiru is right: "puoi parlare pi? lentamente, per favore". but in spoke language I say "puoi parlare pi? lento?"