origin of verdurian future tense

Questions or discussions about Almea or Verduria-- also the Incatena. Also good for postings in Almean languages.
Piero
Sanci
Sanci

origin of verdurian future tense

Post by Piero »

where does the verdurian future tense descend from?
in verdurian the future tense is formed by -m- for n verbs, -ret- for r verbs and -t- for c verbs. why? in cadhinor, it isn't formed in this way... :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Piero on Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

The Verdurian future tense derives from the Cadhinor remote present, e.g. eliretao :> elirtao. The Cadhinor remote is essentially an irrealis, used for future, potential, conditional, or questioned actions or states. It developed into a subjunctive in Isma?n and Barakhinei, but into the future in Verdurian.

chris_notts
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by chris_notts »

zompist wrote:The Verdurian future tense derives from the Cadhinor remote present, e.g. eliretao :> elirtao. The Cadhinor remote is essentially an irrealis, used for future, potential, conditional, or questioned actions or states. It developed into a subjunctive in Isma?n and Barakhinei, but into the future in Verdurian.
Can I ask what sound change caused the dropping of the e?
Try the online version of the HaSC sound change applier: http://chrisdb.dyndns-at-home.com/HaSC

Trebor
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Trebor »

chris_notts wrote:Can I ask what sound change caused the dropping of the e?
syncope, i assume.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

It's a regular change; simplifying a bit, a vowel tends to drop before an accented syllable, unless it's in the first syllable in the word.