The Next Relay 2015

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: The Next Relay 2015

Post by communistplot »

At least for Team 1 I'd rather if there were input from the entire team when creating the proto-language. There are things I can't do well (syntax for instance).

Anyway I'll take a spot to the east of the Team 1 urheimat along the bay leading into the north-central isthmus.
The Artist Formerly Known as Caleone

My Conlangs (WIP):

Pasic - Proto-Northeastern Bay - Asséta - Àpzó

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

Dewrad wrote:A suggestion from someone who's not actively involved: get the most experienced member of the team to do the proto-language. Someone with some experience will come up with a reasonable sketch that is plausible and covers the bases (and hopefully will have enough delicious possibilities for derivation: kinda-sorta unstable phonologies and morphologies just begging for simplification are good here), while someone without the appropriate experience will make something difficult to derive from. Akana is both a good and a bad model here: Ndak Ta had quirks, irregularities and enough nous to not shit on universals, while Adata was patchy and fairly amateurish a language, with glaring internal inconsistencies.
Very true that is. I'm waiting word on Vidurnaktis if he is doing the protolang for his team. I'm not yet sure who is the protolanger for T2, I may have to do it.
næn:älʉː

communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by communistplot »

Nannalu wrote:
Dewrad wrote:A suggestion from someone who's not actively involved: get the most experienced member of the team to do the proto-language. Someone with some experience will come up with a reasonable sketch that is plausible and covers the bases (and hopefully will have enough delicious possibilities for derivation: kinda-sorta unstable phonologies and morphologies just begging for simplification are good here), while someone without the appropriate experience will make something difficult to derive from. Akana is both a good and a bad model here: Ndak Ta had quirks, irregularities and enough nous to not shit on universals, while Adata was patchy and fairly amateurish a language, with glaring internal inconsistencies.
Very true that is. I'm waiting word on Vidurnaktis if he is doing the protolang for his team. I'm not yet sure who is the protolanger for T2, I may have to do it.
Whoops, looks like we just missed each other. Yeah I'll be designing the rough or at least part of it.

My Conlangs (WIP):

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

Vidurnaktis wrote:At least for Team 1 I'd rather if there were input from the entire team when creating the proto-language. There are things I can't do well (syntax for instance).

Anyway I'll take a spot to the east of the Team 1 urheimat along the bay leading into the north-central isthmus.
Don't forget it's only a sketch and you only need to conjure what is needed for your team mates!

communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by communistplot »

Nannalu wrote:
Vidurnaktis wrote:At least for Team 1 I'd rather if there were input from the entire team when creating the proto-language. There are things I can't do well (syntax for instance).

Don't forget it's only a sketch and you only need to conjure what is needed for your team mates!

Oh definitely, but working on the proto-lang collaboratively is fun.

Anyway, I meant the smaller bay to the north but I think I've taken a liking to this spot so it's all good.

My Conlangs (WIP):

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

Vidurnaktis wrote: Oh definitely, but working on the proto-lang collaboratively is fun.

Anyway, I meant the smaller bay to the north but I think I've taken a liking to this spot so it's all good.
Do whatever will suit your team :)

Oh sorry! I assumed you mean't that bay.

communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by communistplot »

Nannalu wrote: Do whatever will suit your team :)

Oh sorry! I assumed you mean't that bay.
No worries I'm fine with this location.

My Conlangs (WIP):

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

Meant* (God sake, me).

I've started to sketch out proto-T2 phonology.

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

May I go to the southwest by that little lake?
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Neon Fox
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Neon Fox »

I'll take that northwestern peninsula, then, which should spread out T1 pretty nicely.

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

2+3 clusivity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by 2+3 clusivity »

I wasn't too helpful in last years, but if you'll take me on I'll redeem myself now that I have more time.

Whatever team; throw me to the wind migration-wise -- maybe an outlying coastal or mountainous area.
linguoboy wrote:So that's what it looks like when the master satirist is moistened by his own moutarde.

Yrusia
Niš
Niš

Post by Yrusia »

I'll take where the land curves north to the east of the urheimat. Also, I'm a guy.

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

@2+3, You'll be Team 2 :)
@Yrusia, sorry 'bout the pronouns!

We're just waiting on Bristel's migrations now.

gestaltist
Lebom
Lebom

Post by gestaltist »

Nannalu wrote:
gestaltist wrote:
Nannalu wrote: NW or NE? That small archipelago?
Here:
That's a very big area. I'll place you on the coast.

Can you put me on the islands closer to Yrusia instead? Thanks.

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

How is Team 1's proto-lang coming along? So far, for my team, I've done the phonology and part of the nominal morphology.
Would end of February be a good deadline?

And I also cleaned up the migration map:

2+3 clusivity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by 2+3 clusivity »

Speed-reading through, a few questions I may have missed the answers to:
(1) is anyone assigned to do T-2's proto-lang or was T-2 collaborative;
(2) do we have a board, and, if not, has anyone undertaken the search;
(3) Are we dealing with humans (c.f. Akana irc), humanoids (c.f. the Zebia project), something else;
(4) climate!?
linguoboy wrote:So that's what it looks like when the master satirist is moistened by his own moutarde.

ObsequiousNewt
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by ObsequiousNewt »

2+3 clusivity wrote:Speed-reading through, a few questions I may have missed the answers to:
(1) is anyone assigned to do T-2's proto-lang or was T-2 collaborative;
I thought Nannalu was going to. Although he didn't say that explicitly.
2+3 clusivity wrote:(2) do we have a board, and, if not, has anyone undertaken the search;
Pole, could we reuse last year's?

Ο ορανς τα ανα̨ριθομον ϝερρον εͱεν ανθροποτροφον.
Το̨ ανθροπς αυ̨τ εκψον επ αθο̨ οραναμο̨ϝον.
Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν.

Pole, the
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Pole, the »

I don't know. I am no admin on any of the fora.

If you mean the relay 14's forum, Serafín was the admin.
The conlanger formerly known as “the conlanger formerly known as Pole, the”.

If we don't study the mistakes of the future we're doomed to repeat them for the first time.

ObsequiousNewt
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by ObsequiousNewt »

Ah, my mistake. Querubín?

Ο ορανς τα ανα̨ριθομον ϝερρον εͱεν ανθροποτροφον.
Το̨ ανθροπς αυ̨τ εκψον επ αθο̨ οραναμο̨ϝον.
Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν. Θαιν.

2+3 clusivity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by 2+3 clusivity »

Nannalu wrote:
I can hammer one out. If you want.

communistplot
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by communistplot »

How is Team 1's proto-lang coming along? So far, for my team, I've done the phonology and part of the nominal morphology.
Would end of February be a good deadline?
I hammered out a phonological sketch a few nights ago, just filling it out/touching it up now. We still need a fora tho which would facilitate our teams' organisation. Some neutral, but interested, party could create a forum here.

My Conlangs (WIP):

Nannalu
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Nannalu »

2+3 clusivity wrote:
Nannalu wrote:
I can hammer one out. If you want.
I started doing it but it deleted itself, therefore.. If you want :P

2+3 clusivity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by 2+3 clusivity »

Gotta love those disappearing "document1"s. Okay, I'll start and post info as soon as we have a forum.

Bristel
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Bristel »

Yes, I'm here. I'll take the spot on the south-west edge of the big lake.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīquā cupiditāte illectus hoc agō
Yo te pongo en tu lugar...
Taisc mach Daró