Istion - an Age of Sail Conworld.

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Re: Istion - an Age of Sail Conworld.

Post by Turtlehead »

L'alphabētarium wrote:
Turtlehead wrote:Okay I have decided that the whole of Istion is to be populate by -8000. I hope that this could be accepted by everyone.
blahblah.PNG
Sounds good to me!
Is everyone else ok with it? If so... it should be uploaded asap.
We haven't had any in put on the subject yet. Maybe wait another day.
I KEIM HEWE IN THE ΠVEΓININΓ TA LEAWN WELX, ΠVVT NAW THE ΠVWΠVΣE FVW ΠVEINΓ HEWE IΣ VNKLEAW. THAT IΣ WAIT I LIKE TA MAKE KAWNLANΓΣ AWN THE ΣΠAWT.
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Torco wrote:soooo... do we want migration history to be reflected in phisical characteristics of people? like the nearer the center the blacker, the further from it the redder/browner, and some random dudes being white?
I think so, I would like my people to be white, brunette and blue eyed.

More refined migration map
Attachments
Claim%20Map%20numbered2.png
Claim%20Map%20numbered2.png (74.58 KiB) Viewed 4002 times
I KEIM HEWE IN THE ΠVEΓININΓ TA LEAWN WELX, ΠVVT NAW THE ΠVWΠVΣE FVW ΠVEINΓ HEWE IΣ VNKLEAW. THAT IΣ WAIT I LIKE TA MAKE KAWNLANΓΣ AWN THE ΣΠAWT.
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Ollock
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ollock »

Torco wrote:soooo... do we want migration history to be reflected in phisical characteristics of people? like the nearer the center the blacker, the further from it the redder/browner, and some random dudes being white?
Hmm, well, they are starting in the tropical regions, yes? So "black" people in the earliest migrations. I'd say those people who went over the poles would loose a significant amount of melanin -- the people who are still there might well be full on white with freckles -- but as they come back down into the tropics they may gain back some pigment (unless somebody wants to be an evil god and afflict his people with horrific sunburns all the dang time).
George Corley
Producer and Moderating Host, Conlangery Podcast

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Ollock wrote:
Hmm, well, they are starting in the tropical regions, yes? So "black" people in the earliest migrations. I'd say those people who went over the poles would loose a significant amount of melanin -- the people who are still there might well be full on white with freckles -- but as they come back down into the tropics they may gain back some pigment (unless somebody wants to be an evil god and afflict his people with horrific sunburns all the dang time).
What do you think of the maps?
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

They're just fine, upload them, if significant concerns or disagreement arises they can always be taken down or modified.

as for next report... how about december the fifteenth?

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

Sounds fine to me. I haven't got much work done since the last one but 'better late than never'

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Could someone upload them or give me a link to the wiki page please?
TVWTLEHEAΔ

cybrxkhan
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by cybrxkhan »

Turtlehead wrote:Could someone upload them or give me a link to the wiki page please?

You mean the reports? That was supposed to be my job. :|
I have a blog, unfortunately: http://imperialsenate.wordpress.com/
I think I think, therefore I think I am.

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

cybrxkhan wrote:
Turtlehead wrote:Could someone upload them or give me a link to the wiki page please?

You mean the reports? That was supposed to be my job. :|
I meant the updated migration maps with dates. Didn't mean to step on your toe :wink:
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Ollock
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ollock »

Torco wrote:They're just fine, upload them, if significant concerns or disagreement arises they can always be taken down or modified.

as for next report... how about december the fifteenth?
Dang, I've already missed one report, and I'm taking the GRE on the 17th.
George Corley

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Turtlehead wrote:THE EPIC OF TURTAZOUNYA

In the year 12000 the Turtazounyans had establish 22 independent tribes, These existed peacefully for 2000 years.

In 10000 Tarat was born to the Turddu tribe in the region of Turddu. The Turddu were neighbours to the Tardda, Terdde, Torddu. Tarat was born to the chief Tyrt, descended from the great Demi-god, Turt and his first wife Az. Tarat herded Cattle, when he was seven he drank from a stream tainted by Turtazounyan nettle, poisonous to everything but the Khakher butterfly. Tarat began to hallucinate, Bicht began to speak to him. Bicht proposed you are going to be the greatest son of Turta and will unite his children until the ocean swallows the Tharhed.

Tarat recovered from the hallucination and held the memory of that day to his grave. At 14 Tarat was iniciated into the order of the bull, the elite Turddu warrior order. At 21 Tarat was old enough to obtain a wife, on the shortest day in the year 9979 Tarat first son of Tyrt leader of the Turddu tribe lead a raid on the Tardda tribe. He slayed six men grabbed one women and 49 chickens and return to his fathers house. There Tyrt granted Tarat lands, 49 cattle and 343 warriors.

Tarats wife was the most beautiful women, the most beautiful woman since Az. Tarat named her Fegad, Fegad gave birth to Tarat's first born in 9978. Tarat named him Teret. Tarat lead a raid on Tardda again in 9970, This time Tarat conquered them and took their holdings as his. Tarat married Fegad's four sisters. In 9960 Tarat married his sister to maintain the purity of the Turddu house.

In 9950 Tarat has trained the greatest army of the time. In 9949 Tyrt died, Tarat lead the precession to Tharedd. There he saw the Island and its landscape, the remembered his vision and at ceremony for his father, Tarat gave his precession Nganga, the smoked it and as the ceremony went on the smoke rose and Tarat began to speak his vision as he became the head of Turddu and his word law.

In 9949, The Turtazounyan calender begins. 0T, Tarat lead a holy war and conquered Terdde and Torddo. Turddu had become great in the 51st year of his life. He built roads and boats and no person was hungry in his land. Cattle, chickens, Khaff, Khoth and Bees abounded in the land. Every inch of land was productive and so Tarat the great was the first king in the archipelago.
7T Tarat conquers the entire North Island
14T Tarat conquers West Island
22T Tarat conquers East and South Island
30T At age 81 Tarat dies with no chosen heir
49T The seven provinces of the Turddu gain full independence (Turtazounyan Calender falls out of use at the fall of the Turddu empire)
9900-9000 Feudal dark age
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Reports? Or has another conworld died?
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Pogostick Man
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pogostick Man »

Rorschach's Report, the Second.

- New VQ language, Qezayīg, under development.
- Story of the Ḥaqeph U under construction; cybrxkhan and Ollock, I request your assistance.
- We need to coördinate the Global War.
- Anything special going on in Year Zero of the objective count?
- I'm going to (hopefully) get into detail of the toponymy, piracy, and academy this weekend, now that my finals are over.
- I've also moved the chronology of the Proto-Boreals back about a millennium to give proper time for the clicks to have diffused throughout the Sprachbund.
(Avatar via Happy Wheels Wiki)
Index Diachronica PDF v.10.2
Conworld megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

A minute of silence for the world of Istion?
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Ollock
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ollock »

Nooo! Dangit, don't be dead. I will make a map tomorrow if this project is not dead!
George Corley

Amuere
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Amuere »

I'm still lurking in the shadows working on my stuff, but I won't be able to post anything til after Xmas.......
Tjalehu ge frulehu, tjea ale stjindamihu? Dime sfraiaknanmi.

Economic: -7.33
Social: 0.31

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Fair enough
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

By the authority of the High Chairman
I declare this conworld not-dead.

come on, guys, year's ending and we all have families, jobs, or schools, and other end-of-year responsibilities. Things have been going slowly and that's perfectly okay, not all conworld development needs to go at the speed of the first two weeks or so. I haven't been the most involved guy, hell, between family emergencies, my bro in the hospital, and my motherfucking job, in which I'm swamped, I haven't made anything but hints of what the Viraayon economy looks like, much less gotten a big picture -that's what I'm working on, by the way- but you know what? there's no hurry.

I for one will defend our isles, we shall defend our isles, we shall never surrender... oh, wait, that's from another speech

tldr: not dead, just slow.

Ollock
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Ollock »

I agree, Torco. I have also been quite inactive, but that is mainly due to the fact that I have been busy applying to graduate schools. Early in January I should be able to find time to actually do something with my chunk of this conworld.
George Corley

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

I've had a loss of inspiration lately, but maybe the Christmas cheer will help me along. :) I'll try to do *something*

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

Torco wrote:By the authority of the High Chairman
I declare this conworld not-dead.

come on, guys, year's ending and we all have families, jobs, or schools, and other end-of-year responsibilities. Things have been going slowly and that's perfectly okay, not all conworld development needs to go at the speed of the first two weeks or so. I haven't been the most involved guy, hell, between family emergencies, my bro in the hospital, and my motherfucking job, in which I'm swamped, I haven't made anything but hints of what the Viraayon economy looks like, much less gotten a big picture -that's what I'm working on, by the way- but you know what? there's no hurry.

I for one will defend our isles, we shall defend our isles, we shall never surrender... oh, wait, that's from another speech
First official document of the Istion accord year 0.

Just a thought, we could make 2011 year 0 for istion. -15,000 is equal to 13,000 BC.
TVWTLEHEAΔ

Turtlehead
Lebom
Lebom

Post by Turtlehead »

STATUS REPORT
Rorschach Reported in Dec. 18, 2011
Ollock Map Pending, Early January Report due
Amuere Post Xmas
Torco Pending, No Pressure
Theta New Year?
Turtlehead Active
6 more Pending...
TVWTLEHEAΔ

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

I honestly have nothing to report because I haven't done any written work on the Wiki or this thread since the last time I reported. :/

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

Just a thought, we could make 2011 year 0 for istion. -15,000 is equal to 13,000 BC.
with respect to what, exactly?
or in other words... lolwut?

Oh, yeah, and should we welcome more newcomers?
I mean many of the oringinals have left, and there's plenty of islands left.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

The more the merrier, as they say. :)