[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
zompist bboard • View topic - Rangyayo - an East Asian language of the elixir of life

zompist bboard

THIS IS AN ARCHIVE ONLY - see Ephemera
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

Sounds awesome. It seems like you did really good job with this language.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:52 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:17 am 
Avisaru
Avisaru

I love the aesthetic of the unreleased final stops in the middle of words.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 am 
Lebom
Lebom

on Youtube
on Conlangery Podcast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

I like the sound clip on youtube.

I can imagine that I'd be able to learn this language due to my somewhat passive experience with Japanese, Korean and Chinese.

Keep it up! I'd love to see more examples of Sinitic pronunciation of the Chinese symbols versus the native pronunciation.

Taisc mach Daró

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:40 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 am 
Smeric
Smeric

As 'nan' in Japanese? Seems to be true, but since almost every single kanji character can be read in several ways because of the batshit orthography of the language, and since language isn't related, even though the script is, is it really a good thing to list Japanese? Since 'otoko' and 'dan' and whatever are also equally possible (and as far as I can see, a lot more common) readings.

Anyway, interested in what you're doing! I have a few days' knowledge of Mandarin and know a handful of characters and their pronunciation, so it's nice not only to recognise the spelling of 男子, but even the pronunciation! Same goes for some other stuff I've seen, like 朋 for 'pang', I think? What's the actual pronunciation of that in Mandarin in the IPA, by the way? I know how to pronounce it, but I'm not sure which vowel it is that I'm uttering. Is it [pʰɯŋ] or something?

#undef FEMALE

I'd love for you to try my game out! Here's the forum thread about it:
http://zbb.spinnwebe.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36688

Of an Ernst'ian one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:39 am 
Smeric
Smeric

#undef FEMALE

Of an Ernst'ian one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm 
Sumerul
Sumerul

:? /ɤ/

Go to the Wikipedia IPA page, and look at the vowel chart. Pronounce the top row of vowels. If it takes you more than five seconds to work out what makes a front vowel, you will get my official sticker of retardedness. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:24 am 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 am 
Smeric
Smeric

#undef FEMALE

Of an Ernst'ian one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

Go from /y/ to /u/ in a continuum, i.e. without stopping. If you don't feel your tongue moving down towards the back of your mouth, ur doin it rong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 pm 
Avisaru
Avisaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am 
Lebom
Lebom

The audio sample of this poem is here:

The image above is a Chinese poem Qing Yu An (青玉案) written by Xin Qi Ji (辛棄疾) in Song dynasty.
The poem should be read from top to bottom, right to left (the traditional oriental writing direction).
The Yenmun (or Korean Hangul) on the right side of the Hanji (or Chinese characters) mark the Sino-Rangyan pronunciation of each Hanji.

Here is the Romaji (Romanization) of the poem:

Cheng-yok-an Wen-zek Shin Khi-jit
Tung-pung Ya-pang Hwa-chen-zyu, Kang-chui-rak, Seng-yo-yu
Po-ma-tyo-kyo Hang-man-ru
Bung-syo-seng-dung, Yok-hu-kwang-tsen, It-ya-yo-rong-myu
A-i-set-ryu Hwang-kim-ryu, Syo-yo-yeng-yeng am-hang-khyo
Tsung-ri-zim-tha Chen-pak-du
Mak-yen hwai-syu, na-in-khak-jai, tüng-hwa-ran-san-chyo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a rough English translation of the poem:

night lights a thousand trees in bloom
a shower of stars blown
by the east wind
ornate carriages drawn by gallant horses
filled the boulevards with a sweet fragrance
voice of the magic flute flowing
luster of the jade white urn turning
all night the fishes and the dragons danced
butterflies, willows, charms of gold
gone -- that angelic laughter, that subtle perfume
in the crowds for her I’d searched a thousand times
perchance I turned
and there she was
where lights were few and dim

Last edited by desmond on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 am 
Lebom
Lebom

English: We are humans and we are from Earth.
Translation: 기꼬미더워人類르、地球유来드야。
Romanisation: kigomite we inrui rü, digyu yu dotüya.
IPA: /ki gɔ mi tɛ wɛ in ɾuɪ ɾʉ di gju ju dɔ tʉ ja/

Analysis: kigomi (I in humble speech) te (pronoun plural marker) we (subject marker) inrui (human) rü (copula in present tense), digyu (Earth) yu (from, ablative case marker) dot (come, verb stem) ü (present tense marker) ya (horrific marker).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:40 am 
Sumerul
Sumerul

horrific marker... lol.

You should look up the leipzig glossing rules, it'd make it much easier to analyse a text like this without the bracket thing you're doing, which looks a bit haphazard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm 
Sumerul
Sumerul

[quote=]horrific marker[/quote] Another addition to our nomative and accusatory and genetive cases?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:18 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 pm 
Lebom
Lebom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 am 
Lebom
Lebom

Some sample sentences:

What's your name? 야名워마르야모 ya-nori we ma rüya mo?
My name is ... 기꼬미워 ... 르야 kigomi we ... rüya
How old are you? 마歳르야모 (ma-yumpi / ma-sei) rüya mo?
I'm (38) years old (38歳 / 三十八歳)르야 (chojohe yumpi / samzhippat sei) rüya
Where are you from? 마수유来드야모 masu yu dottüya mo?
I'm from ... ... 유来드야 ... yu dottüya
Cheers! 乾杯 kanpai!
Is it okay to take a photo? 照画서撮수닥그야모 tsyohwai se kesu takküya mo?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:49 pm 
Smeric
Smeric

The phonology looks very similar to Korean.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next