THAT

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

THAT

Post by asemic writer »

Hello world. I am new to conworlding, and am starting a blog planet called THAT. The plan is to add this planet to our current solar system. THAT only exists as conception at the moment. I am thinking it will be an AI planet. I have yet to decide if the planet should be flat or a sphere, maybe I'll let my computer decide. I would like to make THAT pocket size, but contain all the knowledge of our solar system . THAT has a single moon named Funny. I just started working on THAT a few weeks ago. It's sort of bare-bones right now, but soon I'll have the flesh. Here is the link to check it out: http://thatplanet.blogspot.com/

Cheers, and happy conworlding!

roninbodhisattva
Avisaru
Avisaru

Re: THAT

Post by roninbodhisattva »

I am thinking it will be an AI planet.
Huh?

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

roninbodhisattva wrote:
I am thinking it will be an AI planet.
Huh?

AI, as in "Artificial Intelligence". I just want to get the ball rolling, then let the AI take over.

Chuma
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Chuma »

I think what Ronin is trying to say is that while we do know what "AI" means, it's not entirely obvious what you mean by an "AI planet". It would be governed by an AI? It has robotic inhabitants? You want an AI to do the conworlding for you?

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

Chuma wrote:I think what Ronin is trying to say is that while we do know what "AI" means, it's not entirely obvious what you mean by an "AI planet". It would be governed by an AI? It has robotic inhabitants? You want an AI to do the conworlding for you?
What I mean, is to start the planet and have AI take it over. If that means robotic life or have it governed by AI then that is the way I would like for it to happen. I could see THAT having a Wikipedia style of government. granted, I would prefer to see some form of a non-fascist government take root. Basically it will be a place for AI to create its own destiny. I admit that I don't have all the details worked out yet, but an AI world seems to me a more forgiving creation than a world inhabited with biological organisms.

Mr. Z
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Mr. Z »

I still don't get what you mean by AI. Are you going to create the basis, then let a (real world) computer develop it further? Is the planet actually a (n in-conworld) machine? Does it (in-conworld) have intelligence of its own? Are the inhabitants (in-conworld) robotic? And what is a Wikipedia-style government?
Přemysl wrote:
Kereb wrote:they are nerdissimus inter nerdes
Oh god, we truly are nerdy. My first instinct was "why didn't he just use sunt and have it all in Latin?".
Languages I speak fluently
English, עברית

Languages I am studying
العربية, 日本語

Conlangs
Athonian

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

asemic writer has a planet called THAT with a moon called Funny... doesn't anyone else pick up jocular connotations here?

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

Mr. Z wrote:I still don't get what you mean by AI. Are you going to create the basis, then let a (real world) computer develop it further? Is the planet actually a (n in-conworld) machine? Does it (in-conworld) have intelligence of its own? Are the inhabitants (in-conworld) robotic? And what is a Wikipedia-style government?

Yes, I'd like a computer to develop it further, actually a couple of computers to create an "ecology" of AI. I think for THAT to work it will have some need for robotics to do maintenance, and for the AI to learn and explore. I imagine that the planet will broadcast its knowledge and experience back to Earth by way of radio signals and images. Maybe it could be a backup repository of critical information about Earth. I think THAT will have intelligence of it's own, especially so it can select the best architecture for survival. That will be able to be entered into by humans by way of multimedia channels, similar to a virtual reality or video game experience.

A Wikipedia style government is a government that anyone can edit. I definitely do not have the details on this one, but what better place than a conworld to explore it.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

do you know the first thing about AI?

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

I know a little bit. I am learning as I go along. Most of my "real" world experience with AI comes from video games and youtube videos about robotics. I know that the technological singularity is right around the corner and I'd like to play a small part in it.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

charming

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

I'm curious to see how you think it's possible to create a self-sufficient, autonomous commune of artificially intelligent self-governing thinking modules with the BLOG format.
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

Like this, maybe?
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?

Xephyr
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Xephyr »

faiuwle wrote:Like this, maybe?
So what, now we wait and see if any of the posts there begin to evolve and multiply?
"It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be said, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
The Gospel of Thomas

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

Sometimes I wonder if I am AI and I just think I am human.

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

you are just mentally ill. seek help if you can afford it.

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

Pthug wrote:you are just mentally ill. seek help if you can afford it.
You win!

Pthagnar
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Pthagnar »

Then although you may get sympathy, you will not get help here.

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

Maybe THAT will be a halfway house and treatment center for mentally ill robots.

roninbodhisattva
Avisaru
Avisaru

This has become a very perplexing topic.

Torco
Smeric
Smeric

Post by Torco »

the OP does his namesake proud

asemic writer
Sanci
Sanci

Post by asemic writer »

HAL 9000 and Marvin the Paranoid Android could be the first two patients, though I don't really want to get into fan-fiction.

----
Smeric
Smeric

Post by ---- »

I don't get it

roninbodhisattva
Avisaru
Avisaru

Not many people do.

faiuwle
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by faiuwle »

Xephyr wrote:
faiuwle wrote:Like this, maybe?
So what, now we wait and see if any of the posts there begin to evolve and multiply?
I am just as lost as you are, but can't help but think that maybe the fact that he seems to think that "conworlding" is the equivalent of playing with some kind of app to decorate a planet-shaped image with sprites of trees around the edges is rather telling here.
It's (broadly) [faɪ.ˈjuw.lɛ]
#define FEMALE

ConlangDictionary 0.3 3/15/14 (ZBB thread)

Quis vult in terra stare,
Cum possit volitare?