CCC Land Grab

Substantial postings about constructed languages and constructed worlds in general. Good place to mention your own or evaluate someone else's. Put quick questions in C&C Quickies instead.
Kaftzael
Niš
Niš

Re: CCC Land Grab

Post by Kaftzael »

I'd like to take F[0]r square - The square just left of the letter G in the map - for a group of Birdmen that call themselves Qarten'ae. Unless I can't pick that square - or any at all - for whatever reason such as being new to the forums.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

That's F1r, and you're welcome to it.

CatDoom
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by CatDoom »

I'd like to claim F-2... I have an idea, but I'm not sure where, exactly, I want to put it, so I may relinquish control of this square or K1r once I decide. Species will be Nightpeople, either way.

Clearsand
Sanci
Sanci

Post by Clearsand »

I would like to claim L5 for a batti culture. If Lyhoko doesn't mind, I would like to make it a self-governing colony of the Nggwoo.
Tana, Iáin voyre so Meď im soa mezinä, řo pro sudir soa mezinä, ac pro spasian soa mezinë ab ilun.

Lyhoko Leaci
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Lyhoko Leaci »

It's fine with me.
Zain pazitovcor, sio? Sio, tovcor.
You can't read that, right? Yes, it says that.
Shinali Sishi wrote:"Have I spoken unclearly? I meant electric catfish not electric onions."

Kaftzael
Niš
Niš

Post by Kaftzael »

School's becoming a giant pain again and so I'm afraid I must cease my actions in this project :(
Fortunately, this round gives the perfect excuse, there could have happened a massive epidemic or something like that. Unless someone else wants to take the civilization, which is rather unlikely.

Hydroeccentricity
Avisaru
Avisaru

Post by Hydroeccentricity »

April 13 - May 3, 2014

Fair daffodils, we weep to see
You haste away so soon:
As yet the early-rising sun
Has not attained his noon
~from To Daffodils, by Robert Herrick
"I'm sorry, when you have all As in every class in every semester, it's not easy to treat the idea that your views are fundamentally incoherent as a serious proposition."

TSSL
Sanci
Sanci

Post by TSSL »

This is something I would quite like to get involved in. I'm a little confused as to what time period exactly we're developing at the moment... would I claim and develop a culture for the time period leading up to the comet, since zompist said on the drama thread "OK, no new rounds for a couple months, but I encourage people to get their history together."?

Anyway, I have an idea for a culture at square Q2r or thereabouts. The basic premise would be that this area had long been inhabited by munkees, presumably distantly related to the monkees of Gaak, with also a population of humans who'd long been in conflict with the munkees, as suggested by the early prehistory of En Soki. But then an offshoot of the Ďomün migrated in at some point, and basically assimilated the native humans and subjugated the native munkees, while also picking up a sedentary village lifestyle from them. The new lords then learn of Gaak to the south, however, and how valuable the amphibomorphs are to them, and decide to raise their own, by taking larvae and raising them in human society.

It'll probably be a few weeks before I have the time to develop this culture much, but I'm really intrigued and excited at the prospect. I assume I'd want to be in touch with Clawgrip and Ol Bofosh to work out some details and interactions and things.

zompist
Boardlord
Boardlord

Post by zompist »

Glad you want to come on board! PM me if you want a wiki account.

You shouldn't develop past 5500, yeah. Ideally late arrivals also create late-arriving cultures— so your culture should become civilized sometimes past 3500. This makes it easier to join in (you don't have to have as long a history) and it's more naturalistic (not all cultures should appear at the same time). But you can have a longer history if you want.

clawgrip
Smeric
Smeric

Post by clawgrip »

This project sure seems to have stalled in 2015. However, when I have a bit of time, I think I will start up a new culture in L-1r. Haven't really decided what species or anything at all really yet, but I'd like to reserve that square anyway.